Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall Parts Are Increasing In Price  (Read 3407 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall Parts Are Increasing In Price
« Reply #15 on: 07 September 2019, 22:14:44 »

I try, where possible to fit Genuine GM - at this stage these parts have lasted about a quarter of century, so why not fit the same again? However, as you say, some prices are, well, laughable

Days ago I found a weep coming form my aux. coolant pump (the one by the rad), Vauxhall want £140 +  ;D :o. I could have a noname for about £20-30, a used one for about the same (!) or a brand new genuine Bosch made in Germany one for £45, which I went for. Bosch made the original, same stamps as the one I took off, just missing the GM and 90123456... number.

Still more than I'd have liked to have paid, but I spend most of my time now googling part numbers, and checking out people who buy old Dealer stock, or people having clearouts. That's my tip if you prefer to use Genuine Vx where possible - there are other places other than the actual Stealer themselves, Lizzy.  :)

Thanks, it is a good tip. But I do already surf the web for availability and prices, but then I am taking a risk, like I am now with the firm in Germany, and more likely to be conned. If the part is not electrical, I am more inclined to buy secondhand from known sources like Omega 52. :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 September 2019, 08:08:23 »

To be clear, something has gone up by £27 in the space of four years and you don't understand why ???

If I was using my commercial brain DG I would know exactly why, but acting as a standard "someone who wants to pay no more than I have to but still want the same quality; have my cake and eat it".............................I want it for a price just above inflation, no more, no less.!! ::) ::) ::) .

Still the new part is less than what I paid four years ago, even with P&P and no TC, and comes from Germany! What could possibly go wrong? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

Somebody will have put the wrong label on the storage bin, and you'll get a self-reciprocating side fumbling dingle arm? Which won't quite attach to your locking rods.....

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 September 2019, 10:35:27 »

To be clear, something has gone up by £27 in the space of four years and you don't understand why ???

If I was using my commercial brain DG I would know exactly why, but acting as a standard "someone who wants to pay no more than I have to but still want the same quality; have my cake and eat it".............................I want it for a price just above inflation, no more, no less.!! ::) ::) ::) .

Still the new part is less than what I paid four years ago, even with P&P and no TC, and comes from Germany! What could possibly go wrong? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

Somebody will have put the wrong label on the storage bin, and you'll get a self-reciprocating side fumbling dingle arm? Which won't quite attach to your locking rods.....

;D ;D ;D

Fortunately I have made sure I can return for a full refund and I may need to eh? :D :D ;)

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 September 2019, 20:02:16 »

Ex colleague of mine who still works in vauxhall parts department says lots of prices have risen since Peugeot have taken over.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 September 2019, 21:14:22 »

Ex colleague of mine who still works in vauxhall parts department says lots of prices have risen since Peugeot have taken over.
What a surprise.  ::) I blame Brexit. Oh, hang on. ;)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 September 2019, 01:38:19 »

I find that, if you buy a newer car, you don't have to worry about stuff like this, and it probably works out cheaper.

Shhhh....

We, ahem.... 'eurobox-driving lemmings' are not welcome in threads such as this  :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 September 2019, 11:40:25 »

I find that, if you buy a newer car, you don't have to worry about stuff like this, and it probably works out cheaper.

Apart from wheel bearings ,injectors,and possibly gearboxes  :-\  :-X  ;D

We, ahem.... 'eurobox-driving lemmings' are not welcome in threads such as this  :y

crappy Euro sh!tbox  Lemmings  ;)
I was slightly misquoted  ;D

It's a great forum
people's differing opinions make for interesting reading
some OOFers have moved on and found alternative cars that suit their needs
some OOFers are enthusiasts ,or find the Omega to still be an economically viable means of conveyance

I applaud Lizzie for sticking with a car she loves ,even when it needs the occasional wad of cash throwing at it  :)
It's a similar wad of cash that secretly disappears from the of newer cars value......
BUT does not appear on the monthly spreadsheet  ::)

as well as being a D**k ,I'm also an enthusiast of the once great ,larger RWD Vauxhall Opel with a Vauxhall badge  :D ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 September 2019, 12:10:12 »

This is true. When I moved from the old Turbo Weasel to my V6 I sat and worked out a rough 'cost per mile' / '£ per month' costing from running at clapped out old banger Omega vs. a nice shiny Korean piece of Tupperware on finance. That factored in parts failing etc which won't shouldnt occur on a new car. Omega still came out cheaper.

We moved to a new city to live a couple of years ago, not a pot to micturate in, one student in the household, me on temp work/20 hrs a week with little overtime. She (My Omega) cost us about £40 in parts over that year, she looked after us :y

This year I'm in the middle of a big service, oil, filters, oil cooler, new pump, (see above) seals o rings etc and I'm currently only £140-odd spent which is a £10 note and some change per month over a year. Then we factor in the 'invisible' depreciation of said newer car.

Not ranting that 'old cars are better' because we have a newer car that's the daily driver for now, while Pissy is on axle stands in pieces, but I've always been an advocate of 'bangernomics'  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 09 September 2019, 12:48:49 »

Apart from wheel bearings ,injectors,and possibly gearboxes  :-\  :-X  ;D

crappy Euro sh!tbox  Lemmings  ;)
I was slightly misquoted  ;D

It's a great forum
people's differing opinions make for interesting reading
some OOFers have moved on and found alternative cars that suit their needs
some OOFers are enthusiasts ,or find the Omega to still be an economically viable means of conveyance

I applaud Lizzie for sticking with a car she loves ,even when it needs the occasional wad of cash throwing at it  :)
It's a similar wad of cash that secretly disappears from the of newer cars value......
BUT does not appear on the monthly spreadsheet  ::)

as well as being a D**k ,I'm also an enthusiast of the once great ,larger RWD Vauxhall Opel with a Vauxhall badge  :D ;D
Wheel bearing...yes. The other two....no  :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 September 2019, 12:52:21 »

Yes, mine has ssid the same about obtaining Vx parts generally.  What will happen after, well you know The "B", if and when.............??!!

Makes you think!  :o :o :( :( :(

But as Dave has acknowledged, I will keep the Omega going for as long as humanly possible.  My spreadsheet figures that I mentioned in another thread a short while ago proved the logic as to why I should, let alone all the other benefits of the Omega 3.2 V6 Elite,with just 77K on the clock! 8) 8) :-* :-* ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 09 September 2019, 12:56:13 by Lizzie Zoom »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.