Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluetooth reciever  (Read 7193 times)

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Bluetooth reciever
« Reply #15 on: 14 October 2014, 22:35:57 »

Mts TB has CoPilot, I can try to see what that does BT wise for directions?
Doh! Which means I do, as we use the same gayTunes account ;D

Co pilot voice prompts play over BT from iPhone  :y
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

chrisgixer

« Reply #16 on: 15 October 2014, 12:53:06 »

This works well actually. Phone works independantly of the receiver. Fades the music out for a call which recognised the Nokia car kit as normal.

Only thing is the controller and screen for Harmon Kardon are now redundant. So all control is by the phone touch screen which is fiddly.

But for those with a basic modulator and a Bluetooth compatable music player this is handy.

...although I've just noticed it looks like you have to go to bt settings and conect to the receiver each time the ignition is turned on. :(

chrisgixer

« Reply #17 on: 26 October 2014, 22:04:11 »

An update.

This particular product is .... Shit. Actually. ;D it degraded in performance and kept dropping the connection to the point it was useless.

But....While the concept is ideal, and the phone works with two seperate blutooth devices,  I think it would be better connected to the 3.5mm Jack input in the HK modulator, as these are available after a quick Google, that way I can keep the ipod and it's control as well.

So, is it likely that a 3.5 mm Jack conectiing bt reciever will work without its own power source? Plug and play type of thing...?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 October 2014, 17:28:18 »

An update.

This particular product is .... Shit. Actually. ;D it degraded in performance and kept dropping the connection to the point it was useless.

But....While the concept is ideal, and the phone works with two seperate blutooth devices,  I think it would be better connected to the 3.5mm Jack input in the HK modulator, as these are available after a quick Google, that way I can keep the ipod and it's control as well.

So, is it likely that a 3.5 mm Jack conectiing bt reciever will work without its own power source? Plug and play type of thing
...?
Eh? Can you clarify, as despite reading that about 5 times, I couldn't get what you were intending.

Remember, I'm just the stupid kid, so simple words ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 October 2014, 17:29:22 »

3.5mm from phone to HK 3.5mm?

Not sure how phone calls will be handled - I guess a pop-up on screen asking which device (headphones (3.5mm), Nokia etc)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 October 2014, 17:29:58 »

And how does the HK cope with a signal on gayPod adapter and on 3.5mm?
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #21 on: 27 October 2014, 23:28:15 »

Phone works fine. Hk works fine. It's just the adaptor is shite.

But I have established I prefer the hk gaypad control for general use. So the iPod is going back in in place of the bt reviewer.

I'm now looking at a bt receiver for the 3.5 jack aux in to hk brain. But they all need power or re charging.

05omegav6

« Reply #22 on: 28 October 2014, 01:12:01 »

Power is easily sorted... especially if the box can be buried :y

AndyRoid

• Hants
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 October 2014, 10:20:22 »

I'm now looking at a bt receiver for the 3.5 jack aux in to hk brain. But they all need power or re charging.
They will all need a power source of some description Chris, but as TD says, not really a major issue if you can bury it somewhere.

Have you looked at a Parrot BT Kit?

05omegav6

« Reply #24 on: 28 October 2014, 10:49:26 »

They will all need a power source of some description Chris, but as TD says, not really a major issue if you can bury it somewhere.

I wouldn't bother... :-X

chrisgixer

« Reply #25 on: 28 October 2014, 14:39:13 »

Yes I considered one of those a long while back. But the car has telematics. And  members here made me a loom and mixer to blend in the two phone options for the Nokia bt car kit line in.

Basically the music/tomtom/all phone noise has to go in through the Hk emulator to get  to the head unit and bose. Because, as we know, the head unit has in inputs. Other than phone in, which is mono. Apart from the mobile phone functions, which has to go to said mono input via bt car kit for the mic. Etc.

See? :)
« Last Edit: 28 October 2014, 14:43:31 by chrisgixer »

chrisgixer

« Reply #26 on: 28 October 2014, 14:42:31 »

I wish YOU wouldn't bother. I'm not having your gay fony head unit. Ok? ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #27 on: 28 October 2014, 14:43:43 »

I thought you'd pick up on that... ::) I was actually referring to the Parrot suggestion, so there :P

chrisgixer

« Reply #28 on: 28 October 2014, 14:46:03 »

All I'm looking for the bt emulator to do, is save me plugging in the aux cable to the phone. It saves the bother and removes one of the two cables hanging out the dash. Unsightly things.

That's all it has to do. ...and not turn itself off is helpfull. ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #29 on: 28 October 2014, 14:49:49 »

I thought you'd pick up on that... ::) I was actually referring to the Parrot suggestion, so there :P

Parrot can't get music to the head unit any better than the Hk emulator. Unless I'm missing something re parrots.

The Hk gets music in. It's just not bt capable.

And tbh, the ice system in this car is modified to the point that that only TB and VXL V6 Understand it. ....I know I don't, fully. ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.