Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting tyre in snow discovery  (Read 4318 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: Interesting tyre in snow discovery
« Reply #15 on: 11 March 2013, 22:43:12 »

no worries efficient grip is 50th  ;D

seriously its so down in list I even dont bother counting ;D :y
Is this list based on personal or verified expereince of these tyres on Omegas?

it was a test list I shared long time ago in OOF and you spit at it as usual ;D
But was is a list based on personal or verified experience of these tyres on Omegas?

no one bothers to make a test on omegas..  and if you want to continue the same debate I'm off..
But what use are tests on the wrong car though...? Manufacturers have tyre makers produce tyres specific to their car, or at least find ones that work best on their car. This proves the right car is highly relevant.

ok.. you know the antibiotics that cure you first developed and tested on animals..  and one can easily claim animals are different with this logic :)
And, what experience do you have of the tyres being recommended, or otherwise, on here? :)

I have enough experience on many cars and tyres as  I bought for people.. and I repeat your omega is not special ..

if you dont accept the tyre tests , its your problem..  go on ,try testing yourself..

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 March 2013, 22:49:25 »

Goodyear Efficienctgrip 205/55/16 - 0

Runway Enduro 235/45/17 - 1

I know that the Goodyears are the wrong size, fitted on car when I bought it last week ::)

Spun the car at end of the road, so turned it back around again, went home and put my 17"s back on.

Surprise, surprise I got to work with no problem  8)

40th rated tyre in some irrelevant test they might be, but here in the real world...

Got to admit, they're pretty good unless you're being a idiot :-[ ::)

I'm sure proper winter tyres would give better performance on these rare days there is actually snow and ice, although I highly doubt they would have worked on the surfaces I had issues on today ::) Managed to get the front wheels straight ahead and off the brakes with everything gathered up before I would have hit the curb though :y Think a snow pile actually stopped me in time as not convinced I'd applied the on switch in reverse before we stopped :-\ But (again) I was driving like a idiot :-[

It was enough to wake me up that there was now ice under the virgin snow that hadn't been there an hour previously though ::) Which made it more fun (deliberately) sliding down the road :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #17 on: 11 March 2013, 22:55:52 »

But was is a list based on personal or verified experience of these tyres on Omegas?

no one bothers to make a test on omegas..  and if you want to continue the same debate I'm off..
But what use are tests on the wrong car though...? Manufacturers have tyre makers produce tyres specific to their car, or at least find ones that work best on their car. This proves the right car is highly relevant.

ok.. you know the antibiotics that cure you first developed and tested on animals..  and one can easily claim animals are different with this logic :)
And, what experience do you have of the tyres being recommended, or otherwise, on here? :)

I have enough experience on many cars and tyres as  I bought for people.. and I repeat your omega is not special ..

if you dont accept the tyre tests , its your problem..  go on ,try testing yourself..

personal experience I mean. We have a thread for varifying tyres as ok for omega. You post up, hopefully someone else can prove the tyres are ok with you at the time, that the basic requirement of minimal tramlining is achieved.
 That way, people can read the thread and decide on reliable members post with first hand experience of that exact tyre.

Eagle F1 are rated highly. :y
(Again, hopefully we can get to the bottom of SMD'S issues)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #18 on: 11 March 2013, 23:28:01 »

personal experience I mean. We have a thread for varifying tyres as ok for omega. You post up, hopefully someone else can prove the tyres are ok with you at the time, that the basic requirement of minimal tramlining is achieved.
 That way, people can read the thread and decide on reliable members post with first hand experience of that exact tyre.

ı'm sure it will tramline on your car, yours doesnt accept something other than conti MO :D ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #19 on: 11 March 2013, 23:52:12 »

ı'm sure it will tramline on your car, yours doesnt accept something other than conti MO :D ;D
Feel free to recomend tyres there, must be verified though, probably by someone else here, given your location. And absolutely must be from your own personal experience on an omega. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 March 2013, 18:49:01 »

Thats why we have to work out ourselves what works on Omegas and what doesn't, because nobody else does :y

We have proven that tyre tests done on other cars have no bearing on how that same tyre reacts/performs on our Omegas, so they are only misleading to us  :'(.

Personally, I was hoping we would be able to discover a pattern, but I don't think we ever will now as people are too entrenched in their views, and it just ends in arguments. Maybe we never would anyway.
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #21 on: 12 March 2013, 18:57:59 »

Thats why we have to work out ourselves what works on Omegas and what doesn't, because nobody else does :y

We have proven that tyre tests done on other cars have no bearing on how that same tyre reacts/performs on our Omegas, so they are only misleading to us  :'( .

Personally, I was hoping we would be able to discover a pattern, but I don't think we ever will now as people are too entrenched in their views, and it just ends in arguments. Maybe we never would anyway.

you have proven your 700 bucks fly out the window ;D :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 March 2013, 19:06:50 »

We have proven that tyre tests done on other cars have no bearing on how that same tyre reacts/performs on our Omegas, so they are only misleading to us  :'( .

I don't really think it's a laughing matter.....

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #23 on: 12 March 2013, 19:22:36 »

its a joke.. is it forbidden ???

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 March 2013, 19:24:13 »

Sorry, must have mis-interpreted. Spending money isn't something I joke about personally.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #25 on: 12 March 2013, 19:29:17 »

Sorry, must have mis-interpreted. Spending money isn't something I joke about personally.

all of us spend on tyres and also on many other things .. thats how the cars stay on the road.. do you know how much I spend only on winter tyres just to find a proper tyre in last 10 years ? let me tell you .. enough to buy 4-5 miggies in UK.. (and  also my friends tried many models in parallel)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #26 on: 12 March 2013, 19:34:16 »

and to add I shared all my info here for free and some spit on the info just because I'm foreign.. but thats enough..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 March 2013, 19:57:22 »

and to add I shared all my info here for free and some spit on the info just because I'm foreign.. but thats enough..
Please PM me anyone who has, the Admin Team and I will come down on them like a tonne of bricks.

If I'm on that list, and I suspect I am  >:(, then you are mistaken, I have "spit on the info", as you put it, because you have never said this experience is on Omegas. However, if I am on that list, please send a PM to Hotel21, Marks DTM Calib or Auto Addict :y
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 March 2013, 20:27:58 »

do you know how much I spend only on winter tyres just to find a proper tyre in last 10 years ? let me tell you .. enough to buy 4-5 miggies in UK.. (and  also my friends tried many models in parallel)

But surely you just used the info in tests so that you didn't have to experiment? :-X ::)

I sincerely hope not >:( :'( The majority of info I have seen from you is from google/tyre tests which, as we keep saying, have now been proven to be a load of rubbish when it comes to the Omega after TB's very expensive mistake in trusting the reviews and buying a top rated tyre that is scarily poor! ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 March 2013, 20:40:04 »

Just because some folk don't agree with what you've written it doesn't mean you have been "spit on",just means others have different views to you thats all. :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.