Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asda tyres.  (Read 1683 times)

05omegav6

Asda tyres.
« on: 31 March 2016, 15:24:48 »

Thought I would give them a whirl as my Bro raves about them... Normally use Blackcircles.

Ordered on line, got order and booking confirmation. I went with local Halfrods to fit them as it was convenient for today's doings. Turned up to find no appointment had been made. They had at least delivered the tyres, and to be fair to Halfrods, they have squeezed me in. Won't let me into the workshop to look underneath it though ::)

Only two issues so far are a binding rear brake and a reversing light out. I had explained that I had just bought it and would appreciate the opportunity to have a poke around... But piggin Safety Elf says no, even though I am wearing my work boots ::) he wasn't impressed when I said that I even have my Hi visit coat in the car ;D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Asda tyres.
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2016, 17:03:32 »

I had EXACTLY this issue with asda tyres

Booked online, turned up at halfords auto centre for the fitting appointment - tyres had arrived but they were "fully booked"

I was sent away by a very rude woman

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2016, 17:10:49 »

Having to let Hellfrauds fit them would be a non starter for me. Especially if you can't watch what they're up to. ::)

I've used Blackcircles quite a bit recently. Choice of a basic "under the arches" independent garage a mile from the office or a "floor you can eat your dinner off" modern WIM-like establishment a couple of miles further. Both run by pleasant blokes and offering good service. I do normally phone to confirm before turning up, mind.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2016, 17:10:59 »

I was having a related conversation with Mr Gixer a day or 2 ago, about why I tend to use Blackcircles - for the online mob, they are the only ones who's fitters have done it promptly and at the appointment time (important, as I always do at work, as their local fitting company here I wouldn't touch with a barge pole).

Although usually I use them as a benchmark, and get one of the local companies to match.

I can't use delivery only, as there is only one place that will fit tyres they don't supply, and they want £20+VAT a corner, and I wouldn't let them near my cars again.

If the car needs aligning, I tend to let WIM sort the tyres as well, again they will match most (fitted) online prices.

Oh, and I wouldn't go near a Halfords Autocentre again. There is a reason they changed their name, and they frequently make ShitFit look like angels.
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2016, 18:19:52 »

To be fair, the layout of the branch allows easy access to the bays, so entire procedure was observed, They actually torqued all 16 nuts :o,  and that is how I was aware of the slight bind on the osr brake ;)

That will be added to the service it shall be receiving next week... It would have been nice to get an easy look underneath it, but that can wait a few days...

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 31 March 2016, 18:23:31 »

Credit where it's due, considering the fact that they didn't have the booking, which was Asdas omission... He showed me the booking emails, I left about 30 mind after my 'booked' window. And at least the tyres had actually been delivered :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2016, 19:06:22 »

Doesn't surprise me at all re ASDA online. We bought a 3 piece suite for my son & partner a few years back through them because SWMBO works for ASDA so gets a staff discount. We lost count of the number of apointments made for delivery that my son had to have time off from work and they failed to turn up. The customer services is in South Africa of all places and it was like talking to a brick wall when things were going wrong .... at one point, the girl that SWMBO was talking to said that she was going to cancel the order!  >:( Eventually SWMBO contacted ASDA House here in Blighty to get it sorted. From ordering to getting the furniture took weeks & weeks.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2016, 19:29:00 »

I was having a related conversation with Mr Gixer a day or 2 ago, about why I tend to use Blackcircles - for the online mob, they are the only ones who's fitters have done it promptly and at the appointment time (important, as I always do at work, as their local fitting company here I wouldn't touch with a barge pole).

Although usually I use them as a benchmark, and get one of the local companies to match.

I can't use delivery only, as there is only one place that will fit tyres they don't supply, and they want £20+VAT a corner, and I wouldn't let them near my cars again.

If the car needs aligning, I tend to let WIM sort the tyres as well, again they will match most (fitted) online prices.

Oh, and I wouldn't go near a Halfords Autocentre again. There is a reason they changed their name, and they frequently make ShitFit look like angels.

Unfortunate, there are at least 4 places I have used near me, 3 garages and a tyre place, who fitted for a tenner a corner, admittedly one didn't balance properly. :y

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.