Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: This will be fun 😆  (Read 5331 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: This will be fun 😆
« Reply #15 on: 15 November 2019, 23:13:02 »

Polite & to the point if they don't like it tough.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 November 2019, 00:21:14 »

I was making quick progress on swmbo`s Triumph up the Chichester bypass early morning
Noticed a dark colour beemer  bearing down on me & he was hammering it.
Rolled off the throttle & quickly moved over, looked to my right & plod gave me thumbs up
who ever was driving looked totally relaxed as he piled on the power  8)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 November 2019, 01:18:42 »

Good luck with that...  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 November 2019, 11:24:15 »

exactly. You knew you were speeding, and points/whatever are the consequence if you get caught.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 November 2019, 16:48:03 »

Thanks for your good luck comment but no luck needed I've been on enough government ( Police & HMPS courses) and know exactly how to leave " constructive feedback"
😃😄😆
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 November 2019, 17:46:39 »

I learnt on mine that 90% of the attendees really need to retake their test.  And that mobile phones should be banned from any driver under the age of 25, as clearly the temptation to idiot or arsebook is too much.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 November 2019, 18:36:06 »

I learnt on mine that 90% of the attendees really need to retake their test.  And that mobile phones should be banned from any driver under the age of 125, as clearly the temptation to idiot or arsebook is too much.
FTFY TBB  :y

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 November 2019, 19:01:39 »

I learnt on mine that 90% of the attendees really need to retake their test.  And that mobile phones should be banned from any driver under the age of 25, as clearly the temptation to idiot or arsebook is too much.

I think that the penalty for phone use is far too lenient, should be a ban a very hefty fine  & confiscation of vehicle there is absolutely no need to use one whilst driving.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 November 2019, 21:34:16 »

I think that the penalty for phone use is far too lenient, should be a ban a very hefty fine  & confiscation of vehicle there is absolutely no need to use one whilst driving.

Confiscation of the 'phone, and destruction of all the contacts/data on it would be a better deterrent/punishment.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 November 2019, 22:57:17 »

Confiscation of the 'phone, and destruction of all the contacts/data on it would be a better deterrent/punishment.

says the man that still uses carrier pigeon to send messages ....  ::) ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16 November 2019, 23:04:34 »

You can't hold a conversation with someone while you're diving? ??? There are far more possible distractions, IMHO, in a car than using a phone behind the wheel.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 November 2019, 23:23:47 »

You can't hold a conversation with someone while you're diving? ??? There are far more possible distractions, IMHO, in a car than using a phone behind the wheel.

For most people this is very difficult as you tend to drown when you remove your regulator, hence the sign language.  :)                :-*  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 November 2019, 23:34:25 »

Can't really see where diving comes into the equation, but yes probably extremely difficult hand signals are normally the answer, back to driving through only a fool would argue that it is okay to use a phone when driving .
« Last Edit: 16 November 2019, 23:36:03 by Rangie »

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 November 2019, 07:59:12 »

Agreed that phone useage is a no-no[I totally ignore mine when driving until reaching destination or a "comfort break" halt]problem as ever is with enforcement.Plus manufacturers are busy sticking those stupid screen things to the dash that you have to scroll through to access various functions-surely these are as distracting if not more so?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 November 2019, 08:48:32 »

Can't really see where diving comes into the equation, but yes probably extremely difficult hand signals are normally the answer, back to driving through only a fool would argue that it is okay to use a phone when driving .
Driving .....

What's the phone being used for? I still can't see the difference between talking to a passenger & talking to someone somewhere else. Am I allowed to use the factory hands free in my cars?
It's people trying to text while driving and sorting sat navs that are stuck to the screen directly in front on them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.