Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: drivers side door wont open  (Read 7598 times)

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
Re: drivers side door wont open
« Reply #30 on: 28 November 2018, 08:59:35 »

Hello Doc thanks for all the help
Ron :y

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 November 2018, 15:40:18 »

Doc PM sent

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 November 2018, 15:46:19 »

Two weeks ago my daughter, living in London, had the same problem on her 03 ex-plod Omega. The RAC got in somehow, and advised her not to lock it again. She'll be home for Christmas, and will require me to sort it out. I imagine a change of driver's door lock unit will rectify it - is that correct?

There is clearly a trade trick known to the RAC and DG. We wonder what it is. I heard tell of a policeman, summoned to the aid of a fair lady with a locked car, said 'Look away ma'am', then dealt the car an almighty blow and the door popped open. Where he administered the blow she did not see.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 November 2018, 15:53:27 »

Sounds like that could be either the door lock mechanism or the central locking motor.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 November 2018, 16:13:15 »

Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 November 2018, 16:17:06 »

Sounds like that could be either the door lock mechanism or the central locking motor.
Door not opening with the exterior handle when unlocked either manually or by remote can only be the mechanism itself. CL motor(solenoid) can be moved by hand with minimal effort, so unless it's been filled with araldite, won't be the problem ;)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 November 2018, 16:43:47 »

Door not opening with the exterior handle when unlocked either manually or by remote can only be the mechanism itself. CL motor(solenoid) can be moved by hand with minimal effort, so unless it's been filled with araldite, won't be the problem ;)
This is an 03 car, only Omega I hve ever owned that cannot easily be opened with the key.. I know one should be able to open it turning the key with force, but I never managed it, and I tried. I will report back when the car is here.

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 November 2018, 18:05:31 »

Omegod PM sent

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 November 2018, 19:40:39 »

Jon pm sent
Ron

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 November 2018, 19:56:52 »

Replied  :y
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 December 2018, 19:37:12 »

Is the fault now rectified? If so, may we know how it was done, without revealing any secrets?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 December 2018, 19:41:38 »

Is the fault now rectified? If so, may we know how it was done, without revealing any secrets?
Not yet. No.

In that order.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07 December 2018, 10:11:06 »

The car is still in daily use, so presumably can be opened normally using the inside and outside handles. I suppose it could still be the deadlocking mechanism or the central locking motor that prevents reopening.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07 December 2018, 11:02:40 »

The car is still in daily use, so presumably can be opened normally using the inside and outside handles. I suppose it could still be the deadlocking mechanism or the central locking motor that prevents reopening.
You presume wrong.

Door is latched closed, and as I understand it, the lock works as it should. The latch release has jammed. Apparently the locksmith who replaced the ignition barrel was unable to open the door. All that said, I haven't seen the car, but clear instruction was given as to what needs to be done in order to open it, so not clear as to why it isn't :-\

terry paget

• Omega Baron
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07 December 2018, 13:36:22 »

You presume wrong.

Door is latched closed, and as I understand it, the lock works as it should. The latch release has jammed. Apparently the locksmith who replaced the ignition barrel was unable to open the door. All that said, I haven't seen the car, but clear instruction was given as to what needs to be done in order to open it, so not clear as to why it isn't :-\
I think we are talking about different cars, Doc. I presumed Kevin's post referred to my post 7 minutes earlier, could be wrong. I presume my daughter is still driving around in her insecure Omega, could be wrong.
I imagine Robson drove his car around with driver's door locked, gaining access via front passenger's door, until finally stopped by the ignition barrel seizure.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.