Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Luxembourg PM  (Read 10634 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Luxembourg PM
« Reply #15 on: 17 September 2019, 12:43:17 »

Here in Spain it is hard to find anyone that thinks Brexit is a good idea. I drove down a new road today paid for by an EU grant of 489,600 euros and 34 cents. Very nice. I wonder who paid for that. Rhetorical question only.

I've been to both France and Germany recently, and talked to people from all over Europe - Germany, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Austria - it's hard to find anyone from Europe who thinks Brexit is a good idea in my experience, regardless of country.. they all think we are insane, and stick us in the same 'bucket' as Trump..
Many of my colleagues are Portuguese or Romanian. The Romanians in particular believe that joining the EU has actually done more harm than good as they have actually accentuated everything that was messed up with the soviet regime... The Portuguese are a bit more ambivalent to the whole thing, but historically see us as allies and are therefore mostly supported, albeit with the caveat that they are able to return home if it all goes horribly wrong...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 September 2019, 13:14:11 »

i think most mp,s have not got a clue why the leave option was voted for with such a big majority. or they do know but because of political correctness do not mention it. also there seems a real imbalance on how the news about brexit is reported , it seems to be in the remain camp.

Eh? Are we thinking of different referendums? :-\

As for the news, I think BoJo in particular has had a pretty soft ride. He has just about the worst voting record of any PM in modern times, even down to losing control of parliamentary business in his first week.

What did the papers have to say about it "Corbyn chickens out of election" or similar.  ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 September 2019, 13:38:06 »

i think most MPs have not got a clue why the leave option was voted for with such a big majority. or they do know but because of political correctness do not mention it. also there seems a real imbalance on how the news about brexit is reported , it seems to be in the remain camp.

You think 48/52 from a 72% turnout is a big majority? That's always been called marginal by any of the politicians I knew.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 September 2019, 14:02:17 »

Here in Spain it is hard to find anyone that thinks Brexit is a good idea. I drove down a new road today paid for by an EU grant of 489,600 euros and 34 cents. Very nice. I wonder who paid for that. Rhetorical question only.

I've been to both France and Germany recently, and talked to people from all over Europe - Germany, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Austria - it's hard to find anyone from Europe who thinks Brexit is a good idea in my experience, regardless of country.. they all think we are insane, and stick us in the same 'bucket' as Trump..

They would say that though, seeing as we pay their bills.

A majority of over a million is a decent majority by any measure.

Imo you have to be blinded by bias to not realise that there was an organised attempt to stitch Boris up yesterday. The protesters (led by a Canadian !) were allowed very close to the speakers podiums, the cheerleader had a very loud megaphone screaming "Bog of Boris, bollix to Brexit, STOOOPP BREXXXXIT" etc.etc.
Boris and his people knew that whatever he said, non of it was going to be hearD, so he asked for the press conference to take place inside the large Govt. building. He was told there wasn't a room big enough to hold a press conference, and at that point twigged he was being setup, so told them tO stick it up their arris.
Smart move on his part.
The sight of the PM of this" country" (the same size as Leeds) castigating the absent British PM and indeed the people of Britain, made him look like the moron he is. Unfit to hold office, even in a country far to small to be called a country.
Why anyone would want to be joined at the hip with people like that is beyond me.
« Last Edit: 17 September 2019, 14:11:01 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 September 2019, 14:04:42 »

1,269,501 more people voted to leave the European Union than voted to remain.  :)

Just for perspective that's 678,834 more than the population of Luxembourg (590,667).  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 September 2019, 14:38:43 »

1,269,501 more people voted to leave the European Union than voted to remain.  :)

Just for perspective that's 678,834 more than the population of Luxembourg (590,667).  :P  ;D
Did they get two votes then?
Onanists always think outside the box.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 September 2019, 15:09:17 »

I know, isn't it shocking how thick so many people are  ;D ;D ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 September 2019, 15:10:02 »

By any measure?

A one million majority out of a total count of 2 million is a big majority.
but out of 200 million is a tiny majority.

The 1.2 million Leave vote is undeniably a majority, but you cannot make comparisons(big, small, decent - whatever that means) without referencing the baseline numbers

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 September 2019, 15:24:45 »

The sight of the PM of this" country" (the same size as Leeds) castigating the absent British PM and indeed the people of Britain, made him look like the moron he is. Unfit to hold office, even in a country far too small to be called a country.

Who gets to decide how big a country is? Luxembourg is 165 out 195 countries worldwide listed by population. Where do you draw the line? 5 million - that's Ireland gone. 10 million - Sweden just scrapes in. 25 million - congratulations Australia, you've only recently become big enough to be a country.

Lets call it 65 million so we come in near the bottom of the list to make it fair. And just as importantly we still beat France :y

Bettel is competently representing his electorate. He doesn't agree with your opinion, but that doesn't make him unfit to hold office.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 September 2019, 15:29:59 »

I know, isn't it shocking how thick so many people are  ;D ;D ;D

Thick to vote against this ?
https://order-order.com/2019/09/14/lib-dems-applaud-call-eu-become-empire/

Or intelligent enough to realise that possible financial considerations aren't the mot important thing in life. There are some things which are far more important.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 17 September 2019, 15:36:28 »

Imo you have to be blinded by bias to not realise that there was an organised attempt to stitch Boris up yesterday. The protesters (led by a Canadian !) were allowed very close to the speakers podiums, the cheerleader had a very loud megaphone screaming "Bog of Boris, bollix to Brexit, STOOOPP BREXXXXIT" etc.etc.
Boris and his people knew that whatever he said, non of it was going to be hearD, so he asked for the press conference to take place inside the large Govt. building. He was told there wasn't a room big enough to hold a press conference, and at that point twigged he was being setup, so told them tO stick it up their arris.
Smart move on his part.
The sight of the PM of this" country" (the same size as Leeds) castigating the absent British PM and indeed the people of Britain, made him look like the moron he is. Unfit to hold office, even in a country far to small to be called a country.
Why anyone would want to be joined at the hip with people like that is beyond me.
Of course it was a stitch up, the PM of Luxembourg couldn't help but make that clear during his rant. Once he got over his opening jest, pointing to the empty lectern, he banged on about 'who would be to blame' if there was no deal. He seemed more interested in playing the blame game, saying Boris was trying to blame the EU (which, in fairness, he was) but it was really the UK at fault.
I don't care who's fault it is/was/will be, we need some sort of closure very soon. Every other piece of government business is suffering because of the obsession with Brexit, both here and on the incontinent. Surely the Europeans must realise that another extension is futile, because any 'deal' offered will not pass through parliament, and we are bound to end up either leaving with no deal or remaining.
Unfortunately, the only ways that can be achieved is by the Lib Dem's getting in (remain), Tories getting in (leave) or one/two/several EU members saying 'enough is enough' and vetoing an extension (leave).
Any resolution cannot come quick enough for me.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 September 2019, 16:45:07 »

i think most mp,s have not got a clue why the leave option was voted for with such a big majority. or they do know but because of political correctness do not mention it. also there seems a real imbalance on how the news about brexit is reported , it seems to be in the remain camp.

The BEEB is only the audio version of the Grauniad. Sacking offence to be seen reading anything else. :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 September 2019, 18:20:55 »

made him look like the moron he is. Unfit to hold office
Its unclear which leader you are referring to, UK or Lux.

In fact, I think that the Lux PM was professional, and its "our" man who is being a complete tit.

I'd always credited BoJo as a clever man acting stupid.  Seems he's isn't, and is simply a stupid man acting like a spoilt brat.  I'm actually embarrassed.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 September 2019, 18:36:03 »

Why? Boris was clearly stitched up.  ::)

Why hold the press conference right by the gate where rent-a-mob were baying for blood?  ???

Do you really believe that a property like that didn't have a suitable room inside or another outdoor space, garden/terrace etc away from the lynch mob?   ::)

The embarrassing thing if any is that Boris and his team walked into the trap.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 September 2019, 18:49:20 »

Boris done the right thing what did you want to happen? What if the protesters were leavers would you have the same opinion? Why should he have exposed himself to the simpletons? I’m not unclear, he’s a cock whatever country he’s leading as I said in the first post. Planned theatrical bollo)( and anyone dismissing a 1.2 Million majority is either suffering mental issues or mathematical ones.
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.