Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Statins  (Read 4429 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Statins
« Reply #30 on: 20 September 2019, 18:00:31 »

My blood tests came back this week.

Apparently I'm going to feel much pain before I get better.  Good job a bit of pain never hurt anyone.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 20 September 2019, 18:02:05 »

Apparently I'm going to feel much pain before I get better.  Good job a bit of pain never hurt anyone.
A lot of pain probably did, though. I had my flu jab this aft, and I didn't cry. The nurse gave me a lollipop  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 September 2019, 18:03:16 »

A lot of pain probably did, though. I had my flu jab this aft, and I didn't cry. The nurse gave me a lollipop  :)
I think the nurse who took my blood a couple of weeks back nearly had to give me the kiss off life ;D
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 September 2019, 18:16:41 »

did your blood test positive for EHPC * , that can be painful
* extra hot phaal curry

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 September 2019, 18:43:17 »

Different tablets have different side effects on different people. Long term my digestive system can't cope with the type 2 diabetes drug Metformin. I put up with gradually getting worse for about 5 months until I thought I can't take these any longer and was put on the slow release version, which was fine until they doubled my dose and the same thing happened again. :( I'm now taking two completely different class of drug which are fine. :y

Vaccines are generally x1000s safer than the disease they are trying to prevent, they are very safe, but always remember, not totally safe as I found out to my cost & ending up partially sighted. Any faulty drug is reported using a yellow notice which was done by the hospital treating me for blindness where I got uveitis in both my eyes which is virtually unheard of except as the result of a faulty flu vaccine. :o >:(

Flu vaccines cause life changing problems in about 1 in a million to 2 million doses which equates to 10 to 20 people per year in the UK where the benign version of the virus used boosts your immune system against that variety is bred in vats of egg whites, occasionally a virus will mutate into something nasty & cause a problem, which is what happened to me. :(

I've been advised never to have this type of flu vaccine again & won't but I have had the anti-pneumonia one since then with no complications. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 September 2019, 21:49:26 »

Metformin and Ramipril caused my kidney damage, so beware, Rods2!

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 September 2019, 00:30:50 »

A lot of pain probably did, though. I had my flu jab this aft, and I didn't cry. The nurse gave me a lollipop up the arse :)
I think the nurse who took my blood a couple of weeks back nearly had to give me the kiss off life ;D
Over your dead body...  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 September 2019, 09:30:58 »

A lot of pain probably did, though. I had my flu jab this aft, and I didn't cry. The nurse gave me a lollipop up the arse :)
Over your dead body...  ;D
Yes. Indeed. Over my dead body.  Whilst I'm sure she was a lovely person, you just wouldn't go there. Big baps though.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.