Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Get him a rope!  (Read 3446 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Get him a rope!
« on: 02 August 2012, 12:45:22 »

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Get him a rope!
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2012, 12:50:09 »

PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2012, 13:43:40 »

String all the MPs up for a public floggin me says  ;D or shall we wait till the final bill is in from the olympics  :-X

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2012, 15:04:10 »

Only Boris, somehow could not see Ken agreeing to do that

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2012, 15:07:23 »

String all the MPs up for a public floggin me says  ;D or shall we wait till the final bill is in from the olympics  :-X

no with the crap opening ceromony costing £27 000,000 we need to start now.....walnut whip my arse thats all it will cost each house hold
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2012, 15:17:32 »

no with the crap opening ceromony costing £27 000,000 we need to start now.....walnut whip my arse thats all it will cost each house hold

The Olympics generate more than they cost, yes its expensive, but it will more than pay for itself in Tourist levels  ;)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2012, 15:34:53 »

and when the tourist have gone??? no tunnie i don't think so yeah ok possibly in the monetry value yes but what about all the people that had too leave homes and business's to make way for this codswallop??...i am sure they will be over the moon the amount tourists are bringing in

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

albitz

« Reply #7 on: 02 August 2012, 15:44:30 »

As you said earlier Tunnie.London is like a ghost town.Everyone has stayed away as they expected London to be so crowded they wouldnt be able to move. ;)
Iirc,the last Olympics which didnt lose money for the host country was in the U.S. in 1984. ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2182347/London-Olympics-2012-Businesses-pay-price-1-5m-workers-stay-home-stop-London-seizing-up.html

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 August 2012, 15:49:06 »

Its the commuters staying away, big tourist money spinners still going well. Went through Central London last weekend, fully of tourists, just no Londers.

"The London Olympics will generate £10bn in revenue for the British economy as a whole. (Lloyds TSB)

-Revenue from tourists attracted by the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games are forecast to add up to an additional £2.1bn. (London Councils 2012 Team)"

So £27m is a drop in the Ocean  ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 August 2012, 16:42:35 »

Its the commuters staying away, big tourist money spinners still going well. Went through Central London last weekend, fully of tourists, just no Londers.

"The London Olympics will generate £10bn in revenue for the British economy as a whole. (Lloyds TSB)

-Revenue from tourists attracted by the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games are forecast to add up to an additional £2.1bn. (London Councils 2012 Team)"

Wasn't that just for the opening ceremony, though? ;)

Will we ever know the total cost?  It went sailing past 10bn a long time ago.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 August 2012, 16:46:42 »

Yeah £27m was just for the Opening, but in the grand scheme of things like that black hole the NHS, Benefits, least its going to some use!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 August 2012, 16:51:54 »

Tunnie you are mistaking turnover with taxable revenue. To make a profit, the tax revenue will have to exceed the cost to the tax payer of the Olympics, less any return from selling off the Olympic village, stadiums etc afterwards. But if you look at most recent Olympic stadiums some are unused and derelict, so I won't be holding my breath on this.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 August 2012, 17:24:28 »

Still think its all good, hopefully inspire a few more people to take up sports. We also denied the French from hosting them, which can only be good as well.

We waste millions & billions on pointless wars (Afghanistan/Iraq), getting illegal immigrants in 7 bedroom homes,  MP's seconds home, the EU, the NHS black hole....

Least money is being spend on something remotely useful!

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 August 2012, 17:39:16 »

Still think its all good, hopefully inspire a few more people to take up sports. We also denied the French from hosting them, which can only be good as well.

We waste millions & billions on pointless wars (Afghanistan/Iraq), getting illegal immigrants in 7 bedroom homes,  MP's seconds home, the EU, the NHS black hole....

well that it is your view.... but i guess if you had a serious/life threatening/painfull condition or illness the NHS would be of more use

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 August 2012, 17:47:17 »

well that it is your view.... but i guess if you had a serious/life threatening/painfull condition or illness the NHS would be of more use

My point is you can pile billions & billions into NHS with no noticeable improvement, least with Olympics you can see results!

The NHS should be scrapped anyway!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.