Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: WANTED, Exhaust Downpipe for 2001 2.2 Petrol Saloon Please  (Read 4019 times)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
  • Kent Border, East Sussex
  • Me & My Motors are Truly 1 off's
    • Custom Mondeo TDCi Estate
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED, Exhaust Downpipe for 2001 2.2 Petrol Saloon Please
« Reply #16 on: 11 October 2011, 23:12:07 »

Ok mate, no worries. I'll get an exact price on postage tomorrow, and if I can do any better I'll let you know.  :y

I hope it's nothing too serious mate, and I wish you a speedy recovery.  :)

Part of my permanent disabilities which is gradually getting worse, I have good and bad days and the last couple of weeks have been quite bad.

Thanks for the comment though.
Me & My Motors are Truly 1 off's

mick-1975

• nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 October 2011, 18:18:58 »

Hi, I am after a downpipe for my 2001 Omega Saloon 2.2 Petrol Auto Please as my flexi pipe is totally knackered and my car sounds like it should on a banger racing track.

Cheers

Makes two of us then needing one  but mine the estate if anyone got one ..2.2 sport auto

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 October 2011, 18:28:46 »

Hi, I am after a downpipe for my 2001 Omega Saloon 2.2 Petrol Auto Please as my flexi pipe is totally knackered and my car sounds like it should on a banger racing track.

Cheers

Makes two of us then needing one  but mines the estate if anyone got one ..2.2 sport auto
Same downpipe/cat as saloon

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 October 2011, 20:24:11 »

Mine is still available.  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 October 2011, 12:40:25 »

I have now ordered a BRAND NEW one from Eurocarparts for £108 including free delivery after an online discount with them. Please can someone lock this topic? Thank you.  :y

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 October 2011, 12:48:09 »

I have now ordered a BRAND NEW one from Eurocarparts for £108 including free delivery after an online discount with them. Please can someone lock this topic? Thank you.  :y
Aftermarket are renowned for being a bit hit & miss but good luck with it :y

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 October 2011, 12:57:32 »

I have had no choice tho TBH, as I had to go to a garage this morning with the hopes of getting it temporarily bodged but it has rotten almost all the way round and has a max of 2 weeks life left in it before it drops, buries itself in the road and rips the rest of the exhaust off and does god knows what other damage, and with limited funds and having to fix 2 cars at once on CREDIT, I got no choice, my Frontera blew both the Master and Slave Cylinders on the clutch and have spent out on that and am finishing the work on it on Sunday and now the Omega is throwing a major hissy fit with refusing to start, doing 23mpg on a 20 mile steady round trip which is horrendous as it used to do to do 38mpg on the same run before the exhaust went like it did and it is costing me in excess of £70 a week to run doing approx 50 miles a day 5 days a week and 25 miles a day at the weekend approx although the last week I have been doing 100 miles a day approx which is not doing my health any good!

Desperate times = desperate measures!

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 October 2011, 13:00:01 »

Parcel2go will do next day delivery for about £12 ;)
Retired

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 October 2011, 13:09:50 »

Not bumping!!! Forgot to add to my previous reply, I am keeping the old catalytic converter incase the new one doesn't last, so atleast I can use the flexi pipe end and old working cat.

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 October 2011, 13:48:22 »

I have had no choice tho TBH, as I had to go to a garage this morning with the hopes of getting it temporarily bodged but it has rotten almost all the way round and has a max of 2 weeks life left in it before it drops, buries itself in the road and rips the rest of the exhaust off and does god knows what other damage, and with limited funds and having to fix 2 cars at once on CREDIT, I got no choice, my Frontera blew both the Master and Slave Cylinders on the clutch and have spent out on that and am finishing the work on it on Sunday and now the Omega is throwing a major hissy fit with refusing to start, doing 23mpg on a 20 mile steady round trip which is horrendous as it used to do to do 38mpg on the same run before the exhaust went like it did and it is costing me in excess of £70 a week to run doing approx 50 miles a day 5 days a week and 25 miles a day at the weekend approx although the last week I have been doing 100 miles a day approx which is not doing my health any good!

Car-nut, can I make a suggestion. If you want people on this forum to take you seriously, and try and help you, can I suggest that you get you story straight???  ???

If you look back on this thread, I offered to take the exhaust section you needed to Colchester to save postage costs.  You replied (about a week ago) saying that it was 100 miles from you, and your Omega is lucky to see 20 miles a week at the moment.  Yet now you are waffling on about doing 100 miles a day last week!!!  :o

OOF is all about helping people, but it is not a charity.  Myself and the other guys breaking cars on here are more than willing to supply parts at very reasonable prices.  We do feel it's abit of a kick in the teeth though when you constantly want parts for next to nothing, but in the next breath advertise you own parts for sale at absolutley rediculous prices!! (I use your dented bootlid as a prime example)  :-\

Please take this as constructive advise, rather than criticism, and in the future please treat other OOFers in the way you would like to be treated yourself.  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 October 2011, 14:00:47 »

Car-nut, can I make a suggestion. If you want people on this forum to take you seriously, and try and help you, can I suggest that you get you story straight???  ???

If you look back on this thread, I offered to take the exhaust section you needed to Colchester to save postage costs.  You replied (about a week ago) saying that it was 100 miles from you, and your Omega is lucky to see 20 miles a week at the moment.  Yet now you are waffling on about doing 100 miles a day last week!!!  :o

OOF is all about helping people, but it is not a charity.  Myself and the other guys breaking cars on here are more than willing to supply parts at very reasonable prices.  We do feel it's abit of a kick in the teeth though when you constantly want parts for next to nothing, but in the next breath advertise you own parts for sale at absolutley rediculous prices!! (I use your dented bootlid as a prime example)  :-\

Please take this as constructive advise, rather than criticism, and in the future please treat other OOFers in the way you would like to be treated yourself.  :y

Yes and as I explained in my waffling, I have had to do the Extra miles to take my other half to work as the Frontera that is normally the work car is off the road, So I have had to use the Omega as my other half can't drive Auto's.

And as I also stated Colchester is 100 Miles from me and yes it was a kind offer but I couldn't afford to do the 200 miles round journey to collect the exhaust as I needed the 200 miles it would take to do 2 days of running around sorting out the Frontera and my other half to and from work as we live in a remote area so Public transport is out of the question, so I have not contradicted myself, made myself look stupid or anything like that.

It would cost me more to drive to Colchester and back and buy the cat from you then it has now cost me to buy the NEW one from Eurocarparts.  I have not tried to use OOF as a charity either, I was just trying to see if another member could help me by supplying a used part and I could help them by putting money in there pocket. Seriously I don't know what is wrong with some people in this club as all they do is MOAN MOAN MOAN about each other and have a go for NO APPARANT REASON! THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT.

I am taking a break from off for a few days before I say something a few people wont like!!!

I haven't done anything wrong.

I asked for a part.
You replied.
I asked for postage.
You replied with an estimate and also said you would get a defo price.
I replied and replied and never got a defo price back. Then I get a bitchy message saying that you sold it to someone else as I never replied when I did and was waiting for a defo postage price.
But 'dangle berries' to ya.

Grow up man. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Catch you all in a few days when I have had time to calm down and when you have had a chance to reflect on everything you said.

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 October 2011, 23:15:29 »

I'd just like to say that car-nut and I have had a conversation (outside of OOF) and resolved any differences we may have had.  :y

I would however like to openly apologise to car-nut, for saying what I did in such a public way. It was wrong of me and completely out of character.  I would also like to apologise to the OOF admin team and other members, as my comments were very much out of like with the spirit of OOF.  :-[

All the best to you all , James  :y

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 October 2011, 23:40:56 »

I confirm what twiglet has said, apologies from both sides have been made. And am glad we have sorted things out as twiglet is a nice guy.

All the best, Jae

:y

And sorry for my comment and making admin change my word to dangle berries although I would love to know who came up with that as the replacement word lol

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 October 2011, 23:42:08 »

My comments were completely out of character too. And I should have re acted differently or not re acted at all, so sorry to anyone else who saw this.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.