Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My New Swedish Lady  (Read 4164 times)

STEMO

Re: My New Swedish Lady
« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2017, 13:31:57 »

£4500 is quite steep for that...and you certainly didn't get a free cambelt. But if it's what you want, it really has nothing to do with anyone else what you paid. Only Opti is vulgar enough to ask....every time.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2017, 14:02:08 »

£4500 is quite steep for that...

Undoubtedly, and objectively I did overpay for it. However it exactly met my requirements, wants for very little and fell within budget. So subjectively I'm happy  :y.

What I have noticed of late (past 3yrs or so) is that there is very little out there in the £2-3k bracket that's been well looked after. Everything I've looked at for that kind of money has been extremely ropey and not at all well cared for. Which is fine, if you either don't mind that, or have the time and patience to get the car right. Sadly i don't fall into either camp.

I suppose what I'm saying is, it is very expensive, until you look for something comparable.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2017, 14:16:00 »

£4500 is quite steep for that...

Undoubtedly, and objectively I did overpay for it. However it exactly met my requirements, wants for very little and fell within budget. So subjectively I'm happy  :y.

What I have noticed of late (past 3yrs or so) is that there is very little out there in the £2-3k bracket that's been well looked after. Everything I've looked at for that kind of money has been extremely ropey and not at all well cared for. Which is fine, if you either don't mind that, or have the time and patience to get the car right. Sadly i don't fall into either camp.

I suppose what I'm saying is, it is very expensive, until you look for something comparable.
As Opti pointed out, its almost unique, and thus not necessarily expensive.

Anything under £4-5k now is bargain basement territory, with that £1.5-5k bracket being the desirable but shagged cars filled with clapped out "badges".

Trouble is, here, anything over £250 is deemed overpriced, as we are Omega lovers, and that's what we deem a good price ;D.  It was a big shock when I couldn't get a decent RWD car for £10k a year ago.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 May 2017, 14:20:14 »

£4500 is quite steep for that...and you certainly didn't get a free cambelt. But if it's what you want, it really has nothing to do with anyone else what you paid. Only Opti is vulgar enough to ask....every time.

Are you telling me  I'm more vulgar and uncouth than the average scouser?.......surely not. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 May 2017, 14:46:41 »

Are you telling me  I'm more vulgar and uncouth than the average scouser?.......surely not. :)

Your wealth can't buy class M'lud!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 May 2017, 14:52:04 »

Your wealth can't buy class M'lud:)

Back to front, Sir Tig.

I have class but no wealth. The food bank beckons. :)

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 22 May 2017, 15:18:50 »

nice i like the colour :y
Yes...green...like wot mine is  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2017, 17:17:39 »

Your wealth can't buy class M'lud:)

Back to front, Sir Tig.

I have class but no wealth. The food bank beckons. :)

When that nice Mr Corbyn gets the keys to No.10, there will be no need for food banks!  :)

In the meantime however, park the Jag round the corner where everybody else parks and leave your iPhone in the glove compartment. It might be embarrassing pulling it out in the food bank!  ;)

Although thinking about it you'd probably just blend in with all the others with no sense of shame!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2017, 18:00:02 »

Looks very well looked after, hope it serves you well.  :y

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Lincs Robert

« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2017, 22:08:46 »

Looks nice  :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 May 2017, 07:42:42 »

Looks well.The price paid is immaterial if you're happy that it's worth it.With 30K on the clock if you add on the 150K you mention that takes it up to 180K which if you look after it is barely run in for one of these.If anything like my V70 they're very comfy cars.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 May 2017, 10:54:05 »

Looks well.The price paid is immaterial if you're happy that it's worth it.With 30K on the clock if you add on the 150K you mention that takes it up to 180K which if you look after it is barely run in for one of these.If anything like my V70 they're very comfy cars.

Thanks, yes they do have a reputation for "space shuttle" mileage. For me, the seats are up there with the Saab 9-5 as the most comfortable I've ever sat in. Car seats are a very personal choice though

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 May 2017, 15:17:38 »

Yes I sat in V70 with what looks identical seats to your S80, they are indeed super comfy!

I'll be very interested to hear how you get on DIY'ing oil changes, filters and such  :y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 May 2017, 15:59:23 »

I'll be very interested to hear how you get on DIY'ing oil changes, filters and such  :y

I imagine some things will be a right fiddle, given the engine is the wrong way round compared to the mig and I have hands like shovels.  ;D That said I used to DIY SWMBO's 3.0 x-type which had a transverse v6, gearbox and 4wd gubbins packed in. Most jobs I didn't know whether I should seek assistance from a mechanic or a proctologist! :D.

Haynes book arrived and there's no faffy procedure with the gearbox oil, just drain and refill. I'll probably do most of it on the drive on ramps, then level it in the street to top up  :y

citroenguy

• Sweden
    • 2005 Citroën C5 2.0SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 May 2017, 16:03:20 »

I imagine some things will be a right fiddle, given the engine is the wrong way round compared to the mig and I have hands like shovels.  ;D That said I used to DIY SWMBO's 3.0 x-type which had a transverse v6, gearbox and 4wd gubbins packed in. Most jobs I didn't know whether I should seek assistance from a mechanic or a proctologist! :D.

Haynes book arrived and there's no faffy procedure with the gearbox oil, just drain and refill. I'll probably do most of it on the drive on ramps, then level it in the street to top up  :y

Naah 'tis a Volvo, serviceing shouldn't cause any problems.
124k on the C5
I like Omegas Senators and all other big 90´s euro saloons.
Previous motors: 3x Rover 600s, Citroën ZX, Volvo 850
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.