Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What a surprise-catching a killer  (Read 3104 times)

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
What a surprise-catching a killer
« on: 14 May 2018, 21:45:17 »

Currently watching a program on C4 about a particulary
nasty burglary/murder and surprise surprise the main suspects are traveller scum.When is the govt.going to wake up and start to crack down on these tax dodging theiving vermin  >:(
« Last Edit: 14 May 2018, 21:50:59 by annihilator »

STEMO

Re: What a surprise-catching a killer
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2018, 22:17:54 »

Taped that, gonna watch it tomorrow.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2018, 23:45:56 »

Taped that, gonna watch it tomorrow.

And I bet you can guess the ending .......  >:( >:( >:(

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2018, 23:56:37 »

Sandhurst has a travelling community from when they were labourers building the Reading-Redhill railway in the 1840's and settled in the area and there was also quite a lot where I lived as a kid in Ash. Like all communities there are good and bad, the bad end up in the news & take part in scripted tv programs for which they are paid, the good ones get on with their lives and you don't hear about them.

A friend of mine started off worked as a groundsman at Sandhurst college, where he is a par golfer he then used to be a caddy at Wentworth and now does a traditional travellers job of buying and selling building materials but he always gets a signed receipt from whom he has bought them and another one from who he sells them too. He has at times been stopped by the police, but because he has a paper trail, which at times the police do check he has never been in trouble with the law. Hes got three children his boy did a 4 year plumbing apprenticeship and then after about 12 months working as a plumber got a job as a trainee surveyor and took the exams so he is a chartered surveyor. His eldest daughter was a top sales person at Thompson Directories until they closed a few years a go and her and her husband now organise corporate training courses and his youngest daughter works as an office administrator and started that career at our local council headquarters. There the sort that you don't get to hear about. :y :y :y

US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2018, 15:34:03 »

Don't like them , prey on the elderly & treat the public like fools refuse to have anything to do with them, knock on my door & are swiftly moved on & also tell them not to trouble my neighbours. Have seen the results of their shoddy & expensive bodge jobs.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2018, 15:46:01 »

Sandhurst has a travelling community from when they were labourers building the Reading-Redhill railway in the 1840's and settled in the area and there was also quite a lot where I lived as a kid in Ash. Like all communities there are good and bad, the bad end up in the news & take part in scripted tv programs for which they are paid, the good ones get on with their lives and you don't hear about them.

A friend of mine started off worked as a groundsman at Sandhurst college, where he is a par golfer he then used to be a caddy at Wentworth and now does a traditional travellers job of buying and selling building materials but he always gets a signed receipt from whom he has bought them and another one from who he sells them too. He has at times been stopped by the police, but because he has a paper trail, which at times the police do check he has never been in trouble with the law. Hes got three children his boy did a 4 year plumbing apprenticeship and then after about 12 months working as a plumber got a job as a trainee surveyor and took the exams so he is a chartered surveyor. His eldest daughter was a top sales person at Thompson Directories until they closed a few years a go and her and her husband now organise corporate training courses and his youngest daughter works as an office administrator and started that career at our local council headquarters. There the sort that you don't get to hear about. :y :y :y
A travelling community that's been settled since the 1840's? There's something wrong with that statement......I can't quite put my finger on it  ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2018, 16:36:02 »

Don't like them , prey on the elderly & treat the public like fools refuse to have anything to do with them, knock on my door & are swiftly moved on & also tell them not to trouble my neighbours. Have seen the results of their shoddy & expensive bodge jobs.

Not to mention the mess that's left behind when they do eventually move on. Which incidentally then becomes the responsibility of the poor landowner who's ground they've trespassed on.  >:(

Last time this happened around the village my parents lived in, the council sent some oxygen theif "Gypsy Liaison Officer" who explained we needed to be tolerant to their ways. How she didn't get punched in the throat I'll never know. I've never been sure why we needed to be tolerant of a group's unlawful behaviour  :-\ 

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2018, 16:40:57 »

They do move on if you jam their Sky TV. :y

Oops! Did I say that out loud? :o

If they paid their taxes and cleared up behind them it would be a start. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2018, 16:52:14 »

;D

In the end, they were moved on out the village with repetetive, and liberal coatings of well rotted cow manure on all the fields surrounding their chosen encampment.   ;)

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2018, 16:58:05 »

Just watched the programme, leaves a bitter taste...... :(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2018, 17:45:20 »

Ive seen the aftermath of their temporary residence on private land.
Two legged vermin.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2018, 19:39:05 »

;D

In the end, they were moved on out the village with repetetive, and liberal coatings of well rotted cow manure on all the fields surrounding their chosen encampment.   ;)

... and human manure within the field of their chosen encampment, if they're anything like the lot who parked up in our office car park. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2018, 21:24:44 »

Yup. If the bog roll (not clean) in the hedge bottoms was anything to go by. Again, the council oxygen thief informed the farmer that cleanup of such was his responsibility and he could be liable if it drifted from his property onto others. 

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 May 2018, 01:44:30 »

A travelling community that's been settled since the 1840's? There's something wrong with that statement......I can't quite put my finger on it  ;D

You mean like UK Asians that no longer live in Asia. They are called ethnic communities. About 50-60% of travellers these days live in houses, the rest in mobile homes, static trailers and on the road.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 May 2018, 08:46:09 »

In which case they are no longer travellers. People with Traveller heritage and culture yes, but not travellers.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.