Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CCRT 700 Dead!  (Read 1569 times)

BigDave

• Leicester
    • View Profile
CCRT 700 Dead!
« on: 07 March 2007, 20:27:35 »

A few days ago my battery mysteriously discharged itself- I got a jump start and it now seems to be charging fine (I'm pretty sure I hadn't left anything on). Since this I can get no sign of life from my CCRT 700 radio/phone unit. I have unlock codes for both the head unit and the CD changer but as it seems to be totally dead I can't get to the stage of entering codes. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 07 March 2007, 20:28:36 by BigDave »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: CCRT 700 Dead!
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2007, 20:31:09 »

A few days ago my battery mysteriously discharged itself- I got a jump start and it now seems to be charging fine (I'm pretty sure I hadn't left anything on). Since this I can get no sign of life from my CCRT 700 radio/phone unit. I have unlock codes for both the head unit and the CD changer but as it seems to be totally dead I can't get to the stage of entering codes. Any ideas?
Check the fuses, inc the one on the back of the radio....
Grumpy old man

Omega VT3000

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2007, 12:08:13 »

I'm not a fan of boost jumping on cars with so much electronics as it can have undesired results (power spikes etc.. As already suggested, check for dead fuses although if the fuse for the radio circuit is dead I would expect other features of the car to not be working.

I can't remember but there may be a seperate fuse on the rear of the head unit. Do you have a local friend with an Omega that you can try the unit in?

BigDave

• Leicester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 April 2007, 14:05:01 »

Took me a while to find the time but you are both right - replaced a 7.5 amp blade type fuse in the back of the unit- job done- thanks for help. Dave :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.