Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: seats & MOT  (Read 859 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
seats & MOT
« on: 26 May 2014, 15:20:05 »

The MOT is due on the Smart ..... just tried to tax it & realised it runs out the day before the tax is due so unable to renew till it's been re-MOT'd. I'm leak chasing at the moment so have all the carpets out & just one seat (driver's  ::) ) fitted.

Q ..... does it need both seats fitted to be MOTable?  :-\  :-\  :-\

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: seats & MOT
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2014, 15:42:55 »

Nope - AFAIK, they wont check the seatbelt that side of no seat fitted. Possibly end up with it listed under advisories.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2014, 17:10:40 »

Nope - AFAIK, they wont check the seatbelt that side if no seat fitted. Possibly end up with it listed under advisories.

That's what I was thinking. It might just be easier to fit it for the sake of for four mounting bolts & a seat belt anchor bolt  :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2014, 09:35:09 »

Nope - AFAIK, they wont check the seatbelt that side if no seat fitted. Possibly end up with it listed under advisories.

That's what I was thinking. It might just be easier to fit it for the sake of for four mounting bolts & a seat belt anchor bolt  :y

They only test the seats that are presented at time of test,ie a Renault espace with all the rear sets removed will only have the front two seats and belts checked with an advisory for the missing seats,same with a child seat fitted as the tester is not allowed to test the belt on that seat :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2014, 09:37:28 »

They only test the seats that are presented at time of test,ie a Renault espace with all the rear sets removed will only have the front two seats and belts checked with an advisory for the missing seats,same with a child seat fitted as the tester is not allowed to test the belt on that seat :y

Thanks Henry. Thinking about it, when he's tested my Merc, he leaves the third row seats as they are ie stowed away.

It's booked for this afternoon ....... a number plate light  to sort out first.  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.