Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh'appointment has been confirmed.  (Read 1798 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Brett Kavanaugh'appointment has been confirmed.
« on: 06 October 2018, 21:04:03 »

50/48 Nuff said :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

Re: Brett Kavanaugh'appointment has been confirmed.
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2018, 21:07:21 »

Was there ever any doubt? Makes eff all difference to me/us, the US of A is all f**ked up, and the rest of the world knows it.

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2018, 21:34:30 »

Feature just started on BBC news about cops shooting disabled people in the US. In my view this is ok. The police in the US shoot everyone, so no discrimination there.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2018, 21:44:03 »

50/48 Nuff said :-X

At least it was a decisive vote ;D ;D ;D

A country the size of the USA and he is the best they could come up with. No hope for third world countries
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2018, 21:50:26 »

Whats the problem with him then ? I don't know much about him so don't know if he is fit for the job or not.
All I know is that a woman says he raped her decades ago and he says he didn't. His word against hers. No evidence, so shouldn't have any bearing one way or the other.  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2018, 22:06:35 »

Whats the problem with him then ? I don't know much about him so don't know if he is fit for the job or not.
All I know is that a woman says he raped her decades ago and he says he didn't. His word against hers. No evidence, so shouldn't have any bearing one way or the other.  :-\
No rape allegation, sexual assault with the fear of rape. Nothing wrong with him, as far as I can see. I think it's just a general fear of the country moving to the right, by people on the left.  ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2018, 01:34:11 »

TBH he could have machine gunned a crowd on the steps of Capitol Hill, and as long as no-one in the crowd was a white male, he'd still have hit the 50-48.

Because that's how America works. And has always worked.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2018, 12:36:19 »

I agree.......To quote Shakespeare this is all 'much ado about nothing'

She said he did.......he said he didn't. No definitive proof either way. No smoking gun......but enough to get the hairy armpit feminists to revolt.

This all happened when they were both teenagers........nearly forty years ago.

« Last Edit: 07 October 2018, 12:38:59 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 07 October 2018, 13:40:44 »

I agree.......To quote Shakespeare this is all 'much ado about nothing'

She said he did.......he said he didn't. No definitive proof either way. No smoking gun......but enough to get the hairy armpit feminists to revolt.

This all happened when they were both teenagers........nearly forty years ago.
I hate the way they call themselves 'survivors'.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 October 2018, 16:44:09 »

TBH he could have machine gunned a crowd on the steps of Capitol Hill, and as long as no-one in the crowd was a white male, he'd still have hit the 50-48.

Don't understand your reasoning. The issue against him was that a woman said he did something over 30 years ago. There is no evidence to back up what she says, so it would be a complete outrage if that affected his appointment. Mob rule over justice.
Don't forget America recently had a black president who was elected by its people twice.
Pity he turned out to be a complete waste of space. He could have been much more of a historic figure than just the first black POTUS, but he was all style, no substance.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 October 2018, 17:04:40 »

Don't understand your reasoning. The issue against him was that a woman said he did something over 30 years ago. There is no evidence to back up what she says, so it would be a complete outrage if that affected his appointment. Mob rule over justice.
Don't forget America recently had a black president who was elected by its people twice.
Pity he turned out to be a complete waste of space. He could have been much more of a historic figure than just the first black POTUS, but he was all style, no substance.
This is also the same country that didn't elect either Sarah Palin or Hillary Clinton... In the first case choosing to elect a black president for a second term, and in the second case, a right wing capitilist*... Point being even a wishy washy African American Muslim can get elected over a blatantly right wing red neck woman and Trump got elected over a relatively sane slightly lefty woman.

*being polite... Although, to be fair to Trump, he believes in what he says and does, and his conviction shows through in spite of his and the media's best efforts  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 October 2018, 17:43:41 »

I actually found 'Mad dog Palin' reasonably attractive........wouldn't want her as as POTUS. I think she only stood as VP.

I'm with Trump on this one. If he pisses off the feminists he can't be all bad. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 October 2018, 20:06:28 »

I think the Ford issue is he said / she said was not provable either way at this time. The other IMO bigger issues are his conduct during the Bush era and the GOP deliberately withholding of emails from that, so they could not be considered by the Senate, his bad tempered temperament with an ill advised pop at the democrats where he must be bipartisan, allogations of his lying on the meanings of words in his diary during the Ford hearing and there are also unanswered questions over his finances. Many of the Democrat Senators said they accepted as the President & Senate are controlled by the GOP, they are going as their right to appoint a conservative Judge but he is not the right one. The American Bar Association made the very unusual decision of withdrawing their support and also one of their most senior retired judges reiterated that he was not a suitable candidate.

Although they are appointed for life. If any of the allogations are proven in the future he can always be impeached and prosecuted, but the US has a long history of white rich and establishment males getting away with their crimes without punishment. Stealing money off other rich and establishment white males is the most likely route to be punished.

At the moment US democracy is in a bad place and if it falls, then so will the rest of the Western world from a combined Chinese/Russian onslaught where they are both clomping at the bit to extend their dictatorships into any political/strength vacuums offered or created and Europe is too weak and divided to defend itself and Australia and New Zealand too small in economic, military and population strength terms. :( :( :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 October 2018, 10:40:43 »

Exactly. This isn't a criminal trial where offences must be proved beyond reasonable doubt, it's a job interview where, if you get the feeling someone is bullshitting you, even without concrete evidence, you are probably best advised to pick another suitable candidate.

How anyone can come away with a warm feeling about him after seeing that testimony baffles me.

Never mind. It's not as if he'll be presiding over the highest court in the land, or anything. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.