Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2015 v 2013  (Read 1986 times)

feeutfo

2015 v 2013
« on: 14 October 2010, 01:14:37 »

Thoughts please, ESP re blutooth car kit, which is best hu with this option?

I like both, but the telematis in glove box and separate extra phone number is a pain with 2015, although the phone works well in itself IMO...and telematics can be moved.

2013 seems a little....empty?...without the phone option though, do the number and red and green keys have any phone function if a blu tooth kit is connected? Or is it purely voice that runs through the head unit   :-/
Ta
« Last Edit: 14 October 2010, 01:15:47 by chrisgixer »

Phil

• View Profile
Re: 2015 v 2013
« Reply #1 on: 14 October 2010, 08:52:36 »

Behind the face plate its the same head unit.

I have the NCDC 2015 in my Signum with the telematics in the celery holder under the head unit.

I also have a number of NCDC 2013's in various states to possibly put in my CDX

Basically form what i can work out the red and green are just confirmation buttons for the sat nav on the 2013.

As for working with bluetooth, i don't think Vxl did a plug in bluetooth unit for the NCDC like they do for the CDxx headunits.

I have a Parrot MKi 9200 bluetooth kit in the Signum and its just plug in the loom and away you go, it mutes the headunit and sound comes out via the speakers, volume is adjusted on the parrot NOT on the head unit.

Only real draw back with this kit is when the iPhone/ Pod is plugged in it also mutes the sat nav voice, however Parrot do a box that stops this and means you can control the system via the steering wheel, but it looks like it only works on full canbus cars and not the half canbus like my Signum and the Omega are

aaronjb

« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2010, 09:46:19 »

Chris, I'll swap you a perfectly nice NCDC2013 & GID for your 2015, CID & Telematics if you really don't like 'em ;)

(I'll press the red & green buttons tonight and tell you what they do!  ;D )

feeutfo

« Reply #3 on: 14 October 2010, 09:56:23 »

Afaict green button is a short cut for the sat nav to set home location, and red a short cut to divert round a blocked route...? And little else. So wondered if any further functions come in for them with a car kit? Unlikely I would think...?

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 14 October 2010, 10:02:57 »

Ah yes, you're right - I remember the blocked route screen coming up when I hit that one.. don't think I hit the green button but that makes sense.

And you're probably right about it not changing behaviour, although that would be quite neat.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 October 2010, 18:53:32 »

The 'phone' specific buttons on a 2015 without telematics (ie, 2013) have different functions.  I'll try to pop up some pics if I get time.

In the meantime, Please read the manual....

http://images.omegaowners.com/documents/audio/ncdcr_2011_13_15_2002.pdf
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 October 2010, 18:57:29 »

Any bluetooth kit for ncdc will not integrate in any way, bar audio via the stereo.

Personally, I use Nokia CK-7W bluetooth kits, mainly because you can pic them up for £20 if you're patient, and they work pretty well. And dead easy to fit - fitted one to Elite last weekend, took about 30mins (because I did it properly, seeing as I had the glovebox out anyway looking to see if there was a telematics loom there - I could have done it it 5 mins).
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 October 2010, 23:56:08 »

I like my 2015 kit. Dont use the glovebox for anything other than the sunnies and dog poo bags anyway...

Signal is almost always 100% up here and I simply forward calls from the mobile to the car set each time I get into the car and reset when I leave.

Put perhaps 30 quid of call time onto the car set in the last couple of years and still just under a tenner on it.

Folks whom I contact regularly know that if I call from the car it shows as H21's car number or whatever.  If folks call my mobile then duplicate phonebooks on mobile and car soon show who is calling.

Nope, i'm happy with the kit.  Fit it if you can.....   ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2010, 00:34:49 »

Think I've probably used the SOS button on 2015 more than the phone buttons. There is always something happening on the m4, walkers, debris, accidents, cones going for a walk, signs falling over, holes appearing and stuff falling off cars and lorries, I saw the biggest exhaust silencer ever sat in lane 1 the other day. :o all reported to plod for the hato's via SOS button.

And I do like the fact an incoming call requires no action from the driver, one ring and it answers, speak, self cancels the call when the other person hangs up. Brilliant.

If only I could use my personal mobile easier with 2015....

Anyway, yes H, I think your right. Delivery mode time.

feeutfo

« Reply #9 on: 15 October 2010, 00:37:26 »

Chris, I'll swap you a perfectly nice NCDC2013 & GID for your 2015, CID & Telematics if you really don't like 'em ;)

Very kind offer A, but I have two of one, and one of the other ATM.  :y

Shimmy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 October 2010, 01:49:08 »

Not used the phone function of my 2015 yet, think I'll pick up an O2 sim tomorrow!  :y
Budget tyres, false economy.

feeutfo

« Reply #11 on: 15 October 2010, 02:07:04 »

Not used the phone function of my 2015 yet, think I'll pick up an O2 sim tomorrow!  :y
Aw, I could not put up with the constant "no sim" reminders on mine when I got it, had to get a sim just to shut it up if nothing else  ;D

Shimmy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 October 2010, 02:17:25 »

Aw, I could not put up with the constant "no sim" reminders on mine when I got it, had to get a sim just to shut it up if nothing else  ;D

Have to admit, that is half of the appeal to me! :P

The car is relatively new to me, only sorted a Nav disk for it last week.  That has certainly impressed me so far as I wasn't expecting much from a 9 year old system.  So I'm hoping to use the phone just as much.

aaronjb

« Reply #13 on: 15 October 2010, 10:17:12 »

Very kind offer A, but I have two of one, and one of the other ATM.  :y

Show off  :P

There is an appeal to getting a 2015 etc for mine, though I don't fancy having to rip the dash apart to get the looms etc in there (assuming I could find one on ebay.de) .. although if I can figure out how, and get the GPS working, I feel a CID may be in my future, at least.

Still won't have as many systems as you, though.. ;D

Shimmy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 October 2010, 13:56:20 »

Got an O2 sim in my 2015 now, works great!  :y

Only takes a few seconds to forward calls from my mobile to the car, getting into a habit of doing it however is another matter!

Still, no more "Insert sim card" message every time I get in the car.  ;D
« Last Edit: 15 October 2010, 13:56:36 by Shimmy »

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 15 October 2010, 16:24:27 »

For information even a 'dead'/ non-activated sim stuck in the slot stops the no sim message.

And be careful if you get the free O2 PAYG sim, you have to put £10 and if you don't use it for 60 days the card turns itself off and you loose any 'credit' that was on there.

A long drawn out call to O2 eventually gets it back but its a mare!

Shimmy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 October 2010, 16:34:57 »

For information even a 'dead'/ non-activated sim stuck in the slot stops the no sim message.

And be careful if you get the free O2 PAYG sim, you have to put £10 and if you don't use it for 60 days the card turns itself off and you loose any 'credit' that was on there.

Thanks for that, I had put £10 on it anyhow should I need it.

I would have thought that I'll be using it at least once every couple months anyway, but thanks for the heads up!

aaronjb

« Reply #17 on: 15 October 2010, 16:40:20 »

This doesn't seem to be an issue for Chris because apparently he calls the police every day...  ;D ;D

Man navigating ebay.de is difficult - my vague recollection of GCSE German is not helping me!  ;D Thank goodness for Google Translate ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 October 2010, 09:40:33 »

Pretty certain its 6months, based on the fact I've only just started using my o2 sim that I topped up in March :y
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.