Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2006 radio problem  (Read 2683 times)

tangocat

• Newcastle Upon Tyne
    • View Profile
2006 radio problem
« on: 04 December 2011, 17:27:41 »

Hi all got this problem after taking battery out to change a side light bulb!! Now the radio is random every time I start the car some times it will stay where it was tuned but other times it will select CD or a random channel on radio but never looses its pre-sets any ideas??????

freecall666

• Omega Knight
  • looking over your shoulder
  • fun for all, get with the program
    • 2.0l sweat tank on wheels
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 radio problem
« Reply #1 on: 04 December 2011, 23:17:24 »

did you properly remove the battery, why did you take battery off to do side light bulb? just need to un bolt and push out of way a bit.
did you ark the neg pole  after removing the neg pole,, could try again but leave off for half hour see if it works ok then..
Solar charger fitted.
If not Broke dont fix it..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2011, 19:29:29 »

If you have the radio code, pull the radio out for an hour.
Grumpy old man

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 December 2011, 19:32:45 »

If he didn`t TB, the radio wouldn`t be working full stop ::) ;D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 December 2011, 19:42:53 »

If he didn`t TB, the radio wouldn`t be working full stop ::) ;D
Thats a good point, well presented ;D
Grumpy old man

tangocat

• Newcastle Upon Tyne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 December 2011, 20:13:04 »

Hi all I removed the battery because I have never done that bulb before so wanted to see what I was doing rather than just digging around blind and breaking summit. As for disconnection I did as I always have and always will neg first and tucked away then pos and pos then neg on reconnection is there summit about the Omega thats different? 

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 December 2011, 20:18:09 »

Hi all I removed the battery because I have never done that bulb before so wanted to see what I was doing rather than just digging around blind and breaking summit. As for disconnection I did as I always have and always will neg first and tucked away then pos and pos then neg on reconnection is there summit about the Omega thats different?
Quite a few things ;D including the CCR2006 developing a mind of it`s own over time :D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

freecall666

• Omega Knight
  • looking over your shoulder
  • fun for all, get with the program
    • 2.0l sweat tank on wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 December 2011, 20:19:08 »

did alarm beep when putting leads back on or anything.
Solar charger fitted.
If not Broke dont fix it..

tangocat

• Newcastle Upon Tyne
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 December 2011, 10:40:03 »

did alarm beep when putting leads back on or anything.

No but the car doesnt have a powersounder any more :y

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #9 on: 06 December 2011, 10:49:58 »

As previously mentioned, the 2006 does have a mind of its own, and removing from the car for one hour will allow its memeory to discharge and boot up fresh - may well reset and clear your fault.

;)
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 December 2011, 12:32:34 »

For what it's worth, mine does this, I just thought it was a little foible with this head unit. Don't know if I'll go to the bother of taking it out, given that you've got to modify your own removal tool to do so  :-\
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 December 2011, 20:53:00 »

For what it's worth, mine does this, I just thought it was a little foible with this head unit. Don't know if I'll go to the bother of taking it out, given that you've got to modify your own removal tool to do so  :-\
Removing the whole CCR2006 for one hour is recommended to make sure that there is no power to the unit for long enough that it has a clean start.

Pulling the fuse (or disconnecting the car battery) for an hour will achieve the same result.

PS I am assuming that the power sounder doesn't have some magical means of keeping the radio memory powered up..............
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 December 2011, 22:19:39 »

Removing the whole CCR2006 for one hour is recommended to make sure that there is no power to the unit for long enough that it has a clean start.

Pulling the fuse (or disconnecting the car battery) for an hour will achieve the same result.

PS I am assuming that the power sounder doesn't have some magical means of keeping the radio memory powered up..............

Ah right, thanks Andy, that'll be easier  :y
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #13 on: 10 December 2011, 12:04:22 »

Actually no, it doesn`t.

Pulling fuses has no effect on this at all, as there are enough data feeds to the stereo to prevent total discharge, and to make sure it boots up completely from cold, it must be the last thing to have power connected to it, so that it is not influenced by the power / bootups from anything else , such as screen etc.

Whilst normally disconnecting and reconnecting a battery would have the desired effect of simply entering code and way you go, to perform a full reboot correctly, it MUST be removed for one hour and refitted to a car that is already powered.

Hope that makes sense.

;)
www.dndservices.co.uk

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 December 2011, 14:45:32 »

Actually no, it doesn`t.

Pulling fuses has no effect on this at all, as there are enough data feeds to the stereo to prevent total discharge, and to make sure it boots up completely from cold, it must be the last thing to have power connected to it, so that it is not influenced by the power / bootups from anything else , such as screen etc.

Whilst normally disconnecting and reconnecting a battery would have the desired effect of simply entering code and way you go, to perform a full reboot correctly, it MUST be removed for one hour and refitted to a car that is already powered.

Hope that makes sense.

;)
It does make sense, I can see that there are several feeds into the 2006 which could potentially keep its memory alive.
The thing is.... having removed my 2006 twice now I consider the chance of damaging it (or me) in the process to be extremely high so disconnecting power to the whole vehicle for an hour (maybe with sidelights on help discharge any stray voltages :-\) is worth a punt.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2011, 15:26:56 »

But reconnecting the battery will only apply power to everything at the same time, which will not reboot it, but simply turn it on.

The sequence needs to be followed if you want to reset the radio and not just power it up

;)
www.dndservices.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.