Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Itsurance woes part 2.  (Read 1671 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Itsurance woes part 2.
« on: 25 October 2014, 10:58:26 »

I've just taken a telephone call from my insurance company.

The man in question informed me that he was a senior claims officer for the company. He apologised profusely for the poor response thus far.  He told me......and I quote.....that he is 'personally taking ownership of the problem' from now on. ;D ;D. He sounded about twelve years old.

He then explained that the unused car parts in my conservatory were not covered by my policy.

These consisted of  Corsa wiper blades x3
                           Omega wiper blades x2
                           Corsa oil filters x3
                           Corsa air filter x1
                           Corsa plugs  x4.....which will probably be fit for purpose.

Don't you just love insurance companies?.... ;)

« Last Edit: 25 October 2014, 11:00:11 by Doctor Opti »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Itsurance woes part 2.
« Reply #1 on: 25 October 2014, 11:11:40 »

Absolute bastards!  :o  Those Omega wiper blades cost you £2.74 from ECP as well!!  >:(  :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

powerslinky

« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2014, 11:17:22 »

I've just taken a telephone call from my insurance company.

The man in question informed me that he was a senior claims officer for the company. He apologised profusely for the poor response thus far.  He told me......and I quote.....that he is 'personally taking ownership of the problem' from now on. ;D ;D. He sounded about twelve years old.

He then explained that the unused car parts in my conservatory were not covered by my policy.

These consisted of Corsa wiper blades x3
                           Omega wiper blades x2
                           Corsa oil filters x3
                           Corsa air filter x1
                           Corsa plugs  x4.
....which will probably be fit for purpose.

Don't you just love insurance companies?.... ;)

You could tell him thats all thats left of the corsa & omega that were parked in front of the conservatory ::)

Opti,  on a more serious note, seems like there is something  positive happening now  :y

cleggy

« Reply #3 on: 25 October 2014, 11:19:46 »

Isn't there a difference between Buildings and Contents even with the same company?
Don't forget the antique long case clock you were borrowing from me ;) :y
At least some movement, so as Sunday is the staff's day off take Mrs Opti for a nice lunch and use a Taxi :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2014, 11:40:32 »

Doesn't matter what's covered by your policy. Third party are responsible for putting you back where you were pre-incident, including any uninsured losses. OK, your insurance company might not help there, but once you know what's not covered, legal cover should help you get reimbursed for them too.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 October 2014, 11:58:14 »

Thanks, chaps. humour is always good. :y

I have another dilemma. I  managed to get a quote for returning the garden to it's former glory. £5000 ish. I have another landscaping company coming tomorrow at eleven.

The 'garden cover' with my insurance (Trinity) is only £350 and they tell me this is the most, by law , they can bill the other insurance company.

It seems I may have to make a second claim against Aviva. Insurance companies seem to have a very cosy arrangement with one another. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 October 2014, 11:58:55 »

Doesn't matter what's covered by your policy. Third party are responsible for putting you back where you were pre-incident, including any uninsured losses. OK, your insurance company might not help there, but once you know what's not covered, legal cover should help you get reimbursed for them too.

Yes......You are spot on, Kevin.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 October 2014, 12:20:30 »

The 'garden cover' with my insurance (Trinity) is only £350 and they tell me this is the most, by law , they can bill the other insurance company.

About enough to get someone in the cut the grass, then? >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 October 2014, 12:26:30 »

About enough to get someone in the cut the grass, then? >:(

....about half of it. ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 October 2014, 13:08:57 »

Isn't there a difference between Buildings and Contents even with the same company?
Don't forget the antique long case clock you were borrowing from me ;) :y
At least some movement, so as Sunday is the staff's day off take Mrs Opti for a nice lunch and use a Taxi :y

I won't, Mr Cleggy.

I have four Veyron tyres that I can't claim for either. That's another £40,000 I'm out of pocket. :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 October 2014, 09:23:53 »

It may be in the same print - when my garage went, I was told that anything for a car was not covered. Check the small print, and he was right.  Silly me, where else should I keep car parts and accessories?

I reckon once all the wheels/tyres/spares/parts/roofbox/roofbars/diagnostics etc etc were taken into account, I was £thousands out of pocket. But ho hum, at least both of us are still here :)
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 October 2014, 10:39:57 »

It may be in the same print - when my garage went, I was told that anything for a car was not covered. Check the small print, and he was right.  Silly me, where else should I keep car parts and accessories?

I reckon once all the wheels/tyres/spares/parts/roofbox/roofbars/diagnostics etc etc were taken into account, I was £thousands out of [/highlight]pocket. But ho hum, at least both of us are still here :)

But at least the insurance man had a smile on his face. :-X

As Kevin rightly points out, anything that is not covered by my policy I shall claim  from the lorry drivers insurance.
« Last Edit: 26 October 2014, 10:42:48 by Doctor Opti »

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 October 2014, 18:31:33 »

I have another dilemma. I  managed to get a quote for returning the garden to it's former glory. £5000 ish. I have another landscaping company coming tomorrow at eleven.

It seems I may have to make a second claim against Aviva. Insurance companies seem to have a very cosy arrangement with one another. :-\

Absolute rubbish.  You are making a claim from the insurer of the lorry - they have a statutory responsibility to cover you as a third party.  Your insurer is being stupid, they are making things up as usual.
If they are saying things " by law" ask them specifically to quote the precise legislation because it does not exist!

this makes my blood boil.....
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #13 on: 26 October 2014, 19:16:54 »

Absolute rubbish.  You are making a claim from the insurer of the lorry - they have a statutory responsibility to cover you as a third party.  Your insurer is being stupid, they are making things up as usual.
If they are saying things " by law" ask them specifically to quote the precise legislation because it does not exist!

this makes my blood boil.....

Absolutely right, and I have been saying from the start Opti that you are claiming from the third parties insurance company, the lorry operators insurance company, for ALL costs.  This means you suffer NO loss whatsoever, with them paying you comprehensively for all damages, injuries, including stress, and legal costs, including phone calls.  This is why you should consult your solicitor, a cost you can also reclaim, to aid your claim against the third party's insurance company. :y :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 October 2014, 19:44:04 »

All information noted and appreciated. :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.