Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 1748   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2979857 times)

aaronjb

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #1065 on: 03 October 2011, 11:20:40 »

;D Sorry, I couldn't resist ;)

Though that reminds me.. I thought of you yesterday when I was behind swervy-mc-talks-to-his-passenger ... he must have had a dozen (and I'm not exaggerating!) magic trees hanging from his rear view mirror. Some of them were even hanging from the first 'level' of tree so they went from mirror to dashboard, waving around like some kind of magic tree shaped snake..

I didn't feel so bad about the big gay gonk stuck in the corner of my windscreen, after that..  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 03 October 2011, 12:55:52 »

Though that reminds me.. I thought of you yesterday when I was behind swervy-mc-talks-to-his-passenger ... he must have had a dozen (and I'm not exaggerating!) magic trees hanging from his rear view mirror. Some of them were even hanging from the first 'level' of tree so they went from mirror to dashboard, waving around like some kind of magic tree shaped snake..

I didn't feel so bad about the big gay gonk stuck in the corner of my windscreen, after that..  ;D
Hmmm, why has my blood pressure just risen ;D
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #1067 on: 03 October 2011, 13:08:43 »

I couldn't possibly imagine..

But I'm amazed I still have my post count..  ;D ;)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 03 October 2011, 13:24:36 »

Coming back through Dover last night at customs they were stopping everyone who has something either stuck to the windscreen (sat navs and the like) or hanging from the rear view and taking their cars through a mini-MOT in the inspection area.  Thankfully mine sits under the dash overhang but there was lots of people caught out.

Strangely Jammie, I though of you.  Not sure why  ::) ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 03 October 2011, 13:26:07 »

Coming back through Dover last night at customs they were stopping everyone who has something either stuck to the windscreen (sat navs and the like) or hanging from the rear view and taking their cars through a mini-MOT in the inspection area.  Thankfully mine sits under the dash overhang but there was lots of people caught out.

And so they should. Though rather than a mini MOT area, I was thinking along the lines of Salisbury Plain. "Running Man" style.
Grumpy old man

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 03 October 2011, 13:28:50 »

And so they should. Though rather than a mini MOT area, I was thinking along the lines of Salisbury Plain. "Running Man" style.

They would get away too easily with cuts to budgets and the like..... :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 03 October 2011, 13:31:37 »

They would get away too easily with cuts to budgets and the like..... :-X
So the lads need more practice on the one-bullet-one-casualty theory then ;)
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 03 October 2011, 13:36:05 »

Interestingly I was talking to a guy very high up in the logistics lot at the weekend, he was telling me about the mess they currently have and how there was plenty of body armour in Iraq, they just could not find it!

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 06 October 2011, 23:37:02 »

what did i do on my omega today........i decided that winter is a coming so decided to lay out in the fierce wind and sunshine and do the underneath of it with clear wax oil....what a dirty rotten job...took me two hours to do it and another two hours to get it out of my hair and from under my right arm pit where the excess ran away.but hey have the satisfaction of another job well done for another 12 months.....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 13 October 2011, 22:07:49 »

Cambelt and waterpump on TBE. Only slightly overdue ::) (on time, only down around 15k on that belt, if history is to be believed).

Hopefully found and resolved oil leak as well on it.

Just need to sort out its wandering under braking now.
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #1075 on: 13 October 2011, 23:58:23 »

It's gone from pull to a wander...?  ???

Done absolutely cock all with mine. Waiting for independent report, which I don't think will change anything. .... Sigh....

JIFFY

• SOUTH WALES
  • "If it aint broke dont fix it"
    • 2001 2.2 cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: 14 October 2011, 00:54:39 »

spent two hours removing and fitting an abs ecu,
dont even go there(unless you got fingers that are like spiders legs and loads of spare skin,goin to the local garage tomorrow to have it tech 2 

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #1077 on: 14 October 2011, 01:35:14 »

Interestingly I was talking to a guy very high up in the logistics lot at the weekend, he was telling me about the mess they currently have and how there was plenty of body armour in Iraq, they just could not find it!

it'll be on ebay, if they're quick they  might win it back with a bit of auction sniping
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: 14 October 2011, 08:09:58 »

it'll be on ebay, if they're quick they  might win it back with a bit of auction sniping

;D Splendid.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: 14 October 2011, 08:15:56 »

Went out to the Desmond and gave the coolant expansion some verbal for having a wee strop and getting the display to annoy me with warnings of a non-existent coolant loss - the cheeky wee gett. >:(
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 1748   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.