Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3029316 times)

wingman and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #16200 on: 09 May 2018, 17:28:13 »

Not exactly car related, but mechanical, and has motors...

...smashed the little racing quadcopter up, hit the deck flat out  :-[. Found virtually all the pieces though, including all the expensive bits :). I'd like to put the blame on that DTM fella, as he was texting me, but we all know in reality it was down to an organic interface failure.

Sadly, I only caught the first crash of the day on video, not the biggie.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16201 on: 11 May 2018, 20:20:26 »

Fitted Eibach Springs and Bilstein shocks on the rear of the project.

Front end rebuild (everything), brakes (got a refurbed set of calipers and new pads and discs all round), cambelt etc still to do lol!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16202 on: 12 May 2018, 10:35:03 »

Just went outside to get something from it and was thinking I might give it a bit of tlc this weekend. Then noticed that sometime in the last 24 hours, some waste of skin and fresh air has keyed it from the front of the n/s wing to the middle of the front door. Its about 6 feet long.  >:( >:( >:( >:(  :'( :'(
It looks like it doesn't go deeper than the lacquer, so hopefully a few hours of elbow grease will polish it out.
I suspect it happened in Sainsburys car park yesterday afternoon.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16203 on: 12 May 2018, 11:31:44 »

B@stard.  >:( >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16204 on: 12 May 2018, 18:49:20 »

New disc and pads on the nearside front on the Mondeo.  :)

I was planning on doing both sides this afternoon and the rears tomorrow, but the gods of all things mechanical conspired against me.  >:(

4 hours to fit one disc and pads!  ::)  They'll make a mechanic of me yet!!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16205 on: 12 May 2018, 21:01:55 »

Just went outside to get something from it and was thinking I might give it a bit of tlc this weekend. Then noticed that sometime in the last 24 hours, some waste of skin and fresh air has keyed it from the front of the n/s wing to the middle of the front door. Its about 6 feet long.  >:( >:( >:( >:(  :'( :'(
It looks like it doesn't go deeper than the lacquer, so hopefully a few hours of elbow grease will polish it out.
Always a shit, but could have been a zip or summat rather than malice...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16206 on: 12 May 2018, 21:07:06 »

Fitted a battery monitor to the 3.2, which warns me via bluetooth when it needs charging, as I use it only rarely. :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16207 on: 13 May 2018, 07:53:35 »

Always a shit, but could have been a zip or summat rather than malice...

Nope. the location, shape and length of it means that I cannot imagine it was done accidentally.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Alnico Blue

• Intermediate Member
  • Costa del 'Saffend
    • 2001 2.6 CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16208 on: 13 May 2018, 09:08:22 »

Sorry to hear that Albs . . . . 6 feet long  ?  unlikely to be accidental  . . . but have seen it happen with a "runaway" trolley.  But damage was an almost dead straight gouge in the paint.    Hope you can polish your damage  out
British made Celestion Alnico Blue = best sounding guitar speaker ever, sadly now made in China

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16209 on: 13 May 2018, 09:17:28 »

Took SWTSMBO clit to our local decent garage on Friday to get AC checked after replacing condensor/radiator.

Strange thing is we took the clit to Speedy Tyre place locally  last Saturday after I had done the work and they couldn't get the system to hold a vacuum and as such wouldn't put in a gas charge.

Week later without doing anything to the car ,it held a charge on vacuum and full gas charge/oil and dye added and all is working fine.Guy even showed me on the machine the vacuum readings so odd how 1 place who say they do AC cant and another can   

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16210 on: 13 May 2018, 10:58:12 »

Took SWTSMBO clit to our local decent garage on Friday to get AC checked after replacing condensor/radiator.

Strange thing is we took the clit to Speedy Tyre place locally  last Saturday after I had done the work and they couldn't get the system to hold a vacuum and as such wouldn't put in a gas charge.

Week later without doing anything to the car ,it held a charge on vacuum and full gas charge/oil and dye added and all is working fine.Guy even showed me on the machine the vacuum readings so odd how 1 place who say they do AC cant and another can

Quite easy, incompetence, which prevails in Quick Sh1t places. His other job is serving fries. :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16211 on: 13 May 2018, 12:12:18 »

Sorry to hear that Albs . . . . 6 feet long  ?  unlikely to be accidental  . . . but have seen it happen with a "runaway" trolley.  But damage was an almost dead straight gouge in the paint.    Hope you can polish your damage  out

Took a closer look at it this morning. It runs along under the  crease line in the middle of the wing then veers downwards onto the door almost to the bump strip, and finishes exactly at the end of the door. 99.9% certain its been done deliberately.
I'm assuming mindless vandalism, as I don't think I have any particular enemies these days (unless they have long memories), *and half of them are dead anyway.
*Nothing to do with me, honest Guv.  ;D
I'm pretty certain I can polish it out though, so no great harm done. I would love to know who did it though.  :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16212 on: 14 May 2018, 17:49:57 »

Not exactly car related, but mechanical, and has motors...

...smashed the little racing quadcopter up, hit the deck flat out  :-[. Found virtually all the pieces though, including all the expensive bits :). I'd like to put the blame on that DTM fella, as he was texting me, but we all know in reality it was down to an organic interface failure.

Sadly, I only caught the first crash of the day on video, not the biggie.
Put it back together over the weekend, only to find it keeps dropping out of the sky (it's failsafe for lost signal). Fortunately, it doesn't seem to get any higher that 2-3 foot before doing so.

By luck, noticed at one point, the power/activity light go out on the receiver, and by pressing it, it came back on.  So looks like I've trashed the receiver :(

Only other damage I can see is the FPV camera mounting hole one side is stripped, so need to sort that - the mount itself was trashed, so printed a new one off.

On one of the others - one of the Quanum Venture FPVs I have (a brilliant starter kit for anyone wanting to get started in quadcopters, being super stable, and offering return-to-home failsafe), stripped the t6 torx heads holding the bottom to the frame, mostly I think due to the shitty Draper torx screwdrivers.  Drilled those out, only go one a bit pissed, so have to repair that hole. Might end up being a chemical metal job, seeing as I do have an m2.5 tap :D

Beacuse I didn't get to fly, I's spent most of the day putting the batteries back to storage charge.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16213 on: 14 May 2018, 17:51:36 »

Jag got a wash...

...and the pressure washer pulled off the rear number plate  >:(.  Still, might account for the knocking noise over speed bumps if it was lose.

Then it got an oil change (using a vacuum pump, due to bone idleness :D)
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #16214 on: 14 May 2018, 18:19:46 »

Mrs AA's 13 year old Astra passed it's MOT with flying colours.

I did change the rear shocks first ;)
I like red cars

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.