Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ICE upgrades  (Read 1936 times)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
ICE upgrades
« on: 16 October 2019, 12:19:28 »

Disclaimer - I am nine years old.

I've currently got the interior of Zeke out as he's in to get welded in a couple of weeks time. I got to thinking, as he's an ex-plod and has already been messed about with a fair amount... what can I do to make it better as it goes back together.

I was looking firstly at the rear shelf - can I fit a pair of 8" subwoofers in or under the back shelf? Or do I need to go down to 6" (fnarr)?

Then I was looking at the rear footwell - could I pop a couple of holes in the panel where one's passengers' calves would be and put a speaker in each? Intending to pop a tweeter in each C-pillar to boot.

I'll certainly be upgrading the existing speakers, to go with the already fitted head unit... but I like to make noise and I rarely carry passengers so don't care about deafening anyone...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
Re: ICE upgrades
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2019, 12:44:42 »

From experience, the Sub(s) don't need to be in the cabin of the car, the vibration can be felt fine without then needing to fire in to the cabin, so leave them in the boot. Rear speakers are just a little bit of fill when you are driver and you can live without them. As I normally end up with the fader slightly to front to balance (to my ears) the sound from front and read, the rears don't need to be great, you may get away without upgrading if you fade forwards as they won't be getting the full volume hit.

Spend your money on the front speakers, that is what you'll hear. You don't need massive woofers for the front, in fact a decent dedicated 4 inch mid and a separate tweeter (with a proper x-over, not a capacitor) will sound ace, as it's not even attempting the bass. Obviously this will sound a bit hollow and empty without a sub.

If I can help at all, just ask.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2019, 12:50:32 »

The only noise you need is...

https://www.whelen.com › ins...PDF
Web results
13093: Alpha™ Series Remote Siren Amplifier - Whelen Engineering :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2019, 13:10:05 »

Deviator - thank you! That suggests you know your onions so I willdo some digging and give you a shout :)

The only noise you need is...

https://www.whelen.com › ins...PDF
Web results
13093: Alpha™ Series Remote Siren Amplifier - Whelen Engineering :D

I spend enough time listening to those at work... ;)

Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2019, 22:23:04 »

Or maybe ask this group to play a gig in your boot.

“The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy notes that Disaster Area, a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the Galaxy, but in fact the loudest noise of any kind at all. Regular concert-goers judge that the best sound balance is usually to be heard from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles from the stage, whilst the musicians themselves play their instruments by remote control from within a heavily insulated spaceship which stays in orbit around the planet – or more frequently around a completely different planet.
Their songs are on the whole very simple and mostly follow the familiar theme of boy-being meets girl-being beneath a silvery moon, which then explodes for no adequately explored reason.
Many worlds have now banned their act altogether, sometimes for artistic reasons, but most commonly because the band’s public address system contravenes local strategic arms limitation treaties.
This has not, however, stopped their earnings from pushing back the boundaries of pure hypermathematics, and their chief research accountant has recently been appointed Professor of Neomathematics at the University of Maximegalon, in recognition of both his General and Special Theories of Disaster Area Tax Returns, in which he proves that the whole fabric of the space-time continuum is not merely curved, it is in fact totally bent.”

Read more at https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/celebrate-towel-day-disaster-area-loudest-band-galaxy-2078072#ADMUB0dP3bA8b7xi.99
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.