Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3037044 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #19605 on: 23 December 2019, 09:46:33 »

although it did lose the front number plate, two wheel trims
I did that once in a works vehicle.  I was "pressing on" (basically flat out in a 1.8 diesel Fifi) and saw a puddle that looked deep, but only about 30 yards long.

I hoped if I kept my foot planted, it would magically float across it like a boat, which it initially did.  I reckon a bit more speed and power, I could have made it without the airbag going off.

I found the numberplate but not the wheel trims, and then found a much shallower puddle before ringing the garage and saying the airbag had deployed  :-X
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #19606 on: 23 December 2019, 10:21:28 »

I did some Cardboard Aided Design work:

Little more trimming required.. oh and the image is flipped, so that's the passenger side in reality - which is why there's no pedals down the footwell ;D

Not the neatest of metalwork, but it'll be covered in carpet. Just need to get some more 1mm Ali so I can make the drivers footwell panel (which apparently Dax used to supply but no longer do, which is why the carpet set made bugger all sense when I offered it up; because that's made assuming you have panels that are NLA.. ::))

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: 23 December 2019, 10:24:58 »

CAD ;D.

There was me thinking it involved 'putters ;D
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #19608 on: 23 December 2019, 10:28:58 »

CAD ;D.

There was me thinking it involved 'putters ;D

God no.. that's the devil's work! ;D

Although I better get to grips with Fusion 360 .. my 3D printer arrived this week (still in its box right now as it's a Crimbo pressie) and I have a list of things I want to turn into a stringy mess print!

[edit] Also I really need a pair of left-hand and right-hand tin snips.. I have a set that's meant to be left, right and straight all in one, but I'll be damned if I could get that to go around corners! (Likewise the nibbler, which is why it doesn't really follow the door curve..)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: 23 December 2019, 10:51:21 »

Nice shiny work.

Btw, looking at those seats (had a nose through your album) I hope your ar$e is a lot smaller than mine! I had a set of those buckets but without the additional head/neck part up top and found them to be the most uncomfortable things.

I also had an issue finding a door seal that wanted to stay put. So I'll be interested to see what you end up using.

aaronjb

« Reply #19610 on: 23 December 2019, 11:15:23 »

My arse is ... not small! But the seats are actually quite comfortable - the sides don't really come up very far at all. The headrests are .. vile, but mandatory for IVA these days, and I suppose they'll stop my head from falling off in the event of a shunt ;D

These are the Dax fibreglass buckets, upholstered by Ash (ex Interiors Seating) - really nice job, but doing it again I'd buy a set of his metal framed seats, because the fibreglass ones are incredibly floppy and not at all confidence inspiring! I can feel an upgrade coming on once it's on the road.. (They work out at the same price, too - if I'd known that before I bought the buckets from Dax...)

Highly recommend his work - he's basically semi retired and works from home in Nottingham - if you ever need any trimming work done, I'd give him a call. That or a guy called Mick the Trim who, if memory serves, it over on Brackmills..

Door seal - apparently you use that clip-on alligator stuff on the opening edge, and then just stick-on half-round on the door return itself. I can't vouch for how that stuff sticks to the car, but I know where the backing came off in storage that it sticks to itself very well ::) Guess I'll be re-buying that.. ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #19611 on: 23 December 2019, 11:19:56 »

Maybe I should copy my build thread from the Cobra forum over here .. if there's any interest in people reading that? :)

STEMO

« Reply #19612 on: 23 December 2019, 11:52:09 »

Maybe I should copy my build thread from the Cobra forum over here .. if there's any interest in people reading that? :)
Nah.....boring as f**k. ;D
Just show us a car when you finally get round to finishing it.  ;D

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19613 on: 23 December 2019, 12:52:51 »

100%  :y
Even if ste isn't Impressed!

I didn't realise those neck braces were mandatory now. ::) I banged some old triumph seats in mine as they were comfy and cheap, but they don't look the part.

STEMO

« Reply #19614 on: 23 December 2019, 13:12:16 »

I didn't realise those neck braces were mandatory now. ::) I banged some old triumph seats in mine as they were comfy and cheap, but they don't look the part.
Don't be clogging up our forum, you register for the Cobra forum.  :P

STEMO

« Reply #19615 on: 23 December 2019, 13:14:03 »

I might take the odd look at it, I suppose.  :P

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: 23 December 2019, 16:38:32 »

Yes please.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #19617 on: 23 December 2019, 17:09:06 »

:y I'll start a thread and start populating it.. like a post-Christmas advent calendar for you all.

Except Ste. He's not allowed to read it.

STEMO

« Reply #19618 on: 23 December 2019, 17:11:14 »

:y I'll start a thread and start populating it.. like a post-Christmas advent calendar for you all.

Put the bits I'll be able to understand in bold, there won't be many  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #19619 on: 23 December 2019, 17:12:43 »

Put the bits I'll be able to understand in bold, there won't be many  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.