Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2979447 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #19545 on: 14 December 2019, 21:23:42 »

Read the manual for the Range Rover , understand now what the Dynamic Response feature is & what it does didn't even realise I had it till a colleague at work spoke about it !
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19546 on: 15 December 2019, 10:14:08 »

Read the manual for the Range Rover , understand now what the Dynamic Response feature is & what it does didn't even realise I had it till a colleague at work spoke about it !
LOL, but a year or 2 ago the TerribleCan was the worlds most capable off road vehicle, and you said far better than any JLR vehicle ;D

Glad you are seeing the light, and realising that they are pretty much the most capable off road cars you can get :y
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19547 on: 15 December 2019, 13:24:03 »

LOL, but a year or 2 ago the TerribleCan was the worlds most capable off road vehicle, and you said far better than any JLR vehicle ;D

Glad you are seeing the light, and realising that they are pretty much the most capable off road cars you can get :y

The Terracan was a terrific workhorse & never ever let me down & coped with everything I put it through new was only £18,000 , the Range Rover was just under £60,000 new so I have gone from one extreme to the other, but it is without doubt the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven & realise why people think of them as the ultimate 4x4.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19548 on: 16 December 2019, 13:27:01 »

Removed the front grille & attached my ancient CSMA club badge to it & replaced it back on the RR only six clips hold the grille in place a nice simple job.😎

aaronjb

« Reply #19549 on: 16 December 2019, 13:36:21 »

Removed the front grille & attached my ancient CSMA club badge to it & replaced it back on the RR only six clips hold the grille in place a nice simple job.😎

Headlights are equally simple - two sliding clips and they lift out. Granted the sliding clips tend to gum themselves into place and need a little more than finger strength persuasion the first time (clean up, lubricate and refit and they're fingers only the next time). Neat design on the front end.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19550 on: 16 December 2019, 13:52:57 »

Headlights are equally simple - two sliding clips and they lift out. Granted the sliding clips tend to gum themselves into place and need a little more than finger strength persuasion the first time (clean up, lubricate and refit and they're fingers only the next time). Neat design on the front end.

That's good to know the handbook is very informative re the bulb changing , the lights on the RR are far superior to the Hyundai & the directional ones which illuminate  when turning are excellent in my opinion, especially on some of the fen roads I travel on.

aaronjb

« Reply #19551 on: 16 December 2019, 14:20:33 »

That's good to know the handbook is very informative re the bulb changing , the lights on the RR are far superior to the Hyundai & the directional ones which illuminate  when turning are excellent in my opinion, especially on some of the fen roads I travel on.

Ah yes, that reminds me .. mine don't work! Apparently quite common - the bulbs blow, people don't fix them and then the subsequent owner doesn't even know they exist until he reads about it on a forum somewhere*

*that would be me.

Do you have the "steering" lamps as well, which actually aim the dipped beam, or just the "turn lamps" in the corners? I know some cars had fully steering lamps (a la the original Citroen DS or my old Skoda Superb), but not sure which years.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #19552 on: 16 December 2019, 14:22:35 »

Thats a remnant of previous ford ownership of LR,lot of Fords have the same trick and some Volvo's too :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19553 on: 16 December 2019, 15:25:23 »

Ah yes, that reminds me .. mine don't work! Apparently quite common - the bulbs blow, people don't fix them and then the subsequent owner doesn't even know they exist until he reads about it on a forum somewhere*

*that would be me.

Do you have the "steering" lamps as well, which actually aim the dipped beam, or just the "turn lamps" in the corners? I know some cars had fully steering lamps (a la the original Citroen DS or my old Skoda Superb), but not sure which years.

Not 100 percent sure think it's just the turn ones but whatever they are they are really good.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19554 on: 17 December 2019, 16:52:01 »

Called Adaptive Lighting for many manufacturers, including JLR.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19555 on: 17 December 2019, 16:53:05 »

*that would be me.
On my Tata, they are LED.  Guessing yours aren't. Thus guessing they swapped to LED for a reason ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19556 on: 18 December 2019, 08:18:51 »

Drove it to Guildford, to meet a colleague at 8am, only to be told by another colleague that he told everyone else he would be a lot later, grrrr

And I reckon it’s warmer outside than in this building
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19557 on: 18 December 2019, 09:51:54 »

When he turns up, stand up, gather your stuff together and make to leave. If he asks where you're going, point out that the meeting was at 8 am and that you have other things to attend to.

Take a picture of his expression and then leave :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19558 on: 18 December 2019, 10:16:32 »

Drove it to Guildford, to meet a colleague at 8am, only to be told by another colleague that he told everyone else he would be a lot later, grrrr

It's a good job that you're a very chilled out, tolerant type of chap then.   :y  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

« Reply #19559 on: 18 December 2019, 11:43:54 »

When he turns up, stand up, gather your stuff together and make to leave. If he asks where you're going, point out that the meeting was at 8 am and that you have other things to attend to.

Take a picture of his expression and then leave :y
This all depends on what flavour of colleague he/she is. Senior colleague or junior colleague.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.