Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Omega sold and I now own another car (NOT AN OMEGA)  (Read 2357 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: My Omega sold and I now own another car (NOT AN OMEGA)
« Reply #15 on: 28 December 2011, 00:21:33 »

Christ, Car-Nut.... you did a job there. I bought mine for £1,100 3 years ago and only had 69k on the clock!
RIP Paul Lovejoy

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 December 2011, 00:21:47 »

You did well there. Unless it had ridiculously low mileage £1950 is at least £1000 more than it would normally be worth. ::)

Dunno though, some folk will pay out for a tidy one, my v reg elite made £1500 and the buyer didn't even haggle :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 December 2011, 00:26:18 »

You did well there. Unless it had ridiculously low mileage £1950 is at least £1000 more than it would normally be worth. ::)

Dunno though, some folk will pay out for a tidy one, my v reg elite made £1500 and the buyer didn't even haggle :y

That is very true.

After someone posted on here about the Phaetons I've been keeping my eye on them as they're so tidy. I note that you can get a V6 3.0L for the 5-6k mark and that's oldest on a 54 plate.

Will keep an eye on them.  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

car-nut

• Intermediate Member
  • Kent Border, East Sussex
  • Me & My Motors are Truly 1 off's
    • Custom Mondeo TDCi Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 December 2011, 03:10:13 »

I think it is fair to say I was lucky, I returned the HBV for a refund, and I had the car since June 2011 so long enough, the problem I had was, in my household we started off with one estate car and the Omega, then the Focus started playing up and got a vectra estate which turned out to have had the old fashioned sawdust in the oil trick so that dies and then got a Frontera that my other half hated and then got my hands on a Saab 9-5 2.3 Turbo Saloon which is a keeper, so No estate cars in the house, I have 3 dogs, 1 of which is a very large greyhound, and with my health problems, the Omega solved the issue for a while but I was starting to struggle in and out of it, however I was not prepared to let it go cheap! So stuck it up for a really high price, I don't believe for a moment my Omega was worth more than £1000 but really wasn't gonna make it easy to sell, the guy who bought it saw the lights and loved them, saw the certificate which shows they are VOSA approved and safe and will pass another MOT, and saw the spoiler, the towbar, loved the DRL's, I left my Bluetooth stereo system in it too, he took it for a drive, and made an offer, after a few minutes of negotiating with me thinking I will rip your hands off mate at whatever we end up at and reached the final price. He paid cash on the spot and drove it off there and then! I can honestly say, I think he will look after it.

If the Omega had been an Estate with the BMW diesel lump in it and an auto box to go with it then the Omega wouldn't have been up for sale, but to honest, the trash people talk on here and the nastiness of some people who with no call for it sit there and type abuse at each other.

The Galaxy is already unique with the wheels and I have already ordered the FLYEYE film for the rear lights. It is my 2nd Galaxy. I am sure I may end up getting another Omega in the future, but for now a 4 door is NO GOOD to me. I loved the Omega while I had it, it is one of the best cars I have ever had, but I have to make sure I have at least 1 practical car in the household, especially as we may be going down to 1 vehicle for a while next year.

The new owner of the Omega is going to be completing the list of things I hadn't got round to doing to the Omega, it will be getting new rear tyres, hbv, autobox switch cleaned, headlight replaced, climate re-gassed etc... and is going to be used to tow his caravan around.

I wont be totally leaving the Omega club, just wont be on as much.

And maybe some of you ought to be asking a little more for your cars! I learnt, If you don't ask, you don't get, and as I have said in other clubs I am with, the reason people start to expect prices of certain cars to come right down is because they see lots of other people desperate to sell theirs and set prices low for a fast sale. If everyone set there asking prices a bit higher then maybe the market wouldn't have dropped out of the bottom already.

Good luck to you all.

All the best for the New Year to you.  :y

Me & My Motors are Truly 1 off's

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 December 2011, 06:58:41 »

The new owner of the Omega is going to be completing the list of things I hadn't got round to doing to the Omega, it will be getting new rear tyres, hbv, autobox switch cleaned, headlight replaced, climate re-gassed etc...

And you still managed to get £1950? No offence, but considering I just picked up a mint 03 3.2 Elite with yearly service history/reg cambelt changes and 20k on the clock with a single owner, nearly new contisport 5 tyres and none of the problems mentioned above for 2.5K; it would seem that the chap who bought your car has more money than sense. And I bought it from a Vx dealership with 3 months warranty as well!

I am struggling to see how you could ever make that price unless 2.2 CD Omega's were a rarity in your part of the world? Or how a piece of dark cling film, led light strip and a tow bar and spoiler add a £1000 to the value of a very common car?

By the way, no one on OOF is nasty as such, its just the nature of your claims that border on being unbelievable.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

omega3000

« Reply #20 on: 28 December 2011, 07:20:17 »

After my Omega's faithful reliable time with me I sold it. 2001 X Reg 114k Miles, Sold for £1950 after some bartering on the price down from £2250 and used the money to buy myself a Galaxy Mk2 Cheap.

I don't have a bad word to say about my Omega and will sadly miss it. But well happy with the sale price!!!

Well done for getting that price mate , one day our early elites will be worth a fortune  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 December 2011, 10:34:14 »

Blimey, you managed a stunning price, moreso considering it had a fair few faults that you have listed :o

Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.