Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audi A8  (Read 27044 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Audi A8
« Reply #195 on: 28 August 2018, 11:11:41 »

On the initial van, £3-4k maybe. Just enough to get something serviceable for the 6-8 weeks we'll be in it. I figure buying in October and re-selling in late march, it will end up costing us pretty much nowt.

Longer term, no idea. Must admit, I rather like the look of some of the American style RVs, however, im not sure how practical they would be on Devon/Cornwall's lanes.

Found this for you, Jimmy:

If you passed your test before 1997 then you only need a car license (which astounds and pleases me, having passed in 95 ;D)

It's aptly named, I see. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 28 August 2018, 11:26:27 »

Let me know how that goes, I also passed in 2001 and want to upgrade my entitlement at some point.

I have the application form and medical done so far. Not posted my licence off as I'm needing to hire vans pretty regularly atm. When I spoke to a training provider in Northants, they reckoned that C1 and C were pretty similar in terms of difficulty, but adding the E made the C significantly more challenging than the C1 as its basically the difference between a Transit & Trailer vs a full on artic.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 28 August 2018, 11:31:52 »

Let me know how that goes, I also passed in 2001 and want to upgrade my entitlement at some point.

I have the application form and medical done so far. Not posted my licence off as I'm needing to hire vans pretty regularly atm. When I spoke to a training provider in Northants, they reckoned that C1 and C were pretty similar in terms of difficulty, but adding the E made the C significantly more challenging than the C1 as its basically the difference between a Transit & Trailer vs a full on artic.
That's down to the rest loop holes... For the C1, it only needs a GVW of over 3.5t, where as the C is at least 12-18t.

Given that the five part test is the same in every way, pay the extra £200 and go straight for the C :y
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.