Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: E10 Petrol  (Read 7549 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: E10 Petrol
« Reply #15 on: 29 August 2018, 07:41:54 »

The news is on now. Go on, have a look.

I'd give up my car for an electric one in an instant, and will do when they become more usable.
local electric car clicky   :y

aaronjb

« Reply #16 on: 29 August 2018, 09:09:02 »

But Daddy wants to own a V8 once in his life :'(

You better get on that now, then, because in 10 years there might not be any left if miserable old crones like STEMOTheresa May have their way  ;) ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 August 2018, 10:40:28 »

I'd be more concerned about fuel lines perish-ing.

Which is what the report actually says. Or so the author tells me. His opinion is that it's going to be a limited problem, corrected by time and the diminishing stock of Rover 75s

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 August 2018, 16:10:43 »

Having spent the last 2 miserable days in Londonium, the best thing they could do is take the congestion charge out a lot further, and bump up the costs. Same charges have to apply to buses and cabs, though.

Why oh why oh why anyone wants to visit or even live there remains a complete mystery.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 August 2018, 16:35:52 »

Having spent the last 2 miserable days in Londonium, the best thing they could do is take the congestion charge out a lot further, and bump up the costs. Same charges have to apply to buses and cabs, though. drop a nucear weapon...

Why oh why oh why anyone wants to visit or even live there remains a complete mystery.

FTFY :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 29 August 2018, 16:59:18 »

Having spent the last 2 miserable days in Londonium, the best thing they could do is take the congestion charge out a lot further, and bump up the costs. Same charges have to apply to buses and cabs, though. drop a nucear weapon...

FTFY :y

I think you might be a bit too close for the fallout if they do that, Kevin! ;D

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2018, 17:38:22 »

Having spent the last 2 miserable days in Londonium, the best thing they could do is take the congestion charge out a lot further, and bump up the costs. Same charges have to apply to buses and cabs, though.

The Ultra Low Emmission Zone (ULEZ) is being extended out to the North/South Circulars in 2021. You need a EURO Cat4 car to drive inside the zone, or you will have to pay the ULEZ charge. Petrol Omegas (well my 3.0 V6 anyway) are EURO Cat 3. The ULEZ charge is in addition to the congestion charge.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 August 2018, 18:52:58 »

When I checked on the TFL website, I was surprised to find that my 3.2 wont be subject to the charge. Thing is, I usually go there in the 190 which will be subject to the charge, but almost zero fuel costs. So it will cost much the same whichever car I use in future.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 August 2018, 19:25:54 »

The only official Euro4 Omega is an '03 2.2 manual...

Desmond has his uses :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 29 August 2018, 19:37:56 »

When I checked on the TFL website, I was surprised to find that my 3.2 wont be subject to the charge. Thing is, I usually go there in the 190 which will be subject to the charge, but almost zero fuel costs. So it will cost much the same whichever car I use in future.  :(
My 2014 dirty diesel would be charged. So...I can either buy a cleaner vehicle, or never, ever go anywhere near London. Difficult one........

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 August 2018, 19:49:10 »

My daughter lives there and loves the place, so I don't have much choice. Tbh, I enjoy a few hours there but wouldn't want to live there.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 30 August 2018, 08:54:44 »

My daughter lives there and loves the place, so I don't have much choice. Tbh, I enjoy a few hours there but wouldn't want to live there.

Likewise - to the second sentence, I don't have any daughters (that I know of) nor do I visit yours ;D

I think I could even stand to commute in and work there .. there is plenty to "look at" in summer, that's for sure! ;) ;D

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 August 2018, 19:54:09 »

being  born in london,

Absolutely hate what it has become now,
I wont even visit the place,its run by an idiot of a mayor who thinks he should comment on everything that happens in london,he just happens to be the barrister that speciailised in defending muslim terrorists and is one himself, filthy,stinks,costs are sky high including fuel,and the people are miserable,
its only saving grace is the sky high wages, if you bought your house 36years ago you can enjoy the money and leave to a healthy life of leisure

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 30 August 2018, 21:22:21 »

being  born in london,

Absolutely hate what it has become now,
I wont even visit the place,its run by an idiot of a mayor who thinks he should comment on everything that happens in london,he just happens to be the barrister that speciailised in defending muslim terrorists and is one himself, filthy,stinks,costs are sky high including fuel,and the people are miserable,
its only saving grace is the sky high wages, if you bought your house 36years ago you can enjoy the money and leave to a healthy life of leisure
You're not thinking of moving back then?

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 August 2018, 00:27:49 »

Ethanol is between 0.8:1 and 1.3:1 EROEI efficient. The 0.8:1 means 20% (most likely fossil fuel) energy supplement must be added to make it compared to what you get back. The low EROEI also makes it expensive to produce, so it needs taxpayer subsidies and has only about 2/3 the energy density of pure petrol, so you will get 4% less fuel consumption from E10.

http://energy-reality.org/biofuels/

In 20-50 years time if what are currently the two hottest topics of climate change at the moment, which are that the main drivers of earth temperature are atmospheric pressure which is a function of gravity and atmospheric density and the variance on the amount of heat from the sun reaching the earth, which is a cyclic but fairly constant heat output source but they are finding the sun-earth magnetic alignment, sun sports and solar storms and other factors affect the solar wind and has a much bigger effect than currently understood or modeled in climate change models. CO2 may yet prove to be a red herring. There are also considerable difficulties in the understanding on how much man-made CO2 can be attributed in any confidence to us. Remote sensing of earth temperatures from satellites is also far from settled science as that is also difficult to factor in land temperatures compared to atmospheric temperatures and these have to be adjusted for, the different satellite setups using different algorithms of different accuracy.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.