Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dumb motorways ....  (Read 6571 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb motorways ....
« Reply #30 on: 27 January 2020, 14:33:51 »

We really do need to ban lorries overtaking at certain hours of the day, on my daily M1 trip, every 4 section part has three lanes of lorries

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 January 2020, 14:48:04 »

Yep, this drives me nuts. A truck doing 55.7mph taking several miles to overtake another one doing 55.6mph, with a long queue of angry motorists behind. Cameron said he was going to ban it, but the useless tosser didn't bother.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 January 2020, 14:52:17 »

We really do need to ban lorries overtaking at certain hours of the day, on my daily M1 trip, every 4 section part has three lanes of lorries

This. To me they need to stop lorries from going into lane 3 and all commercial vehicles from going into lane 4. No one wants to see a 'who has the fastest lorry' at rush hour when we are talking a difference of less than 2mph, this pushes all the other vehicles into lane 4, of which most seem to stay there for the entirety of their journey. Banning commercial vehicles in lane 4 is because a lot of commercial vehicles also have a speed limiter which makes it a dangerous place to be for them. It would also help penalise those who have gone for a van/pickup truck as the company car tax rules cost them less when it's classed as a 'commercial vehicle'.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

STEMO

« Reply #33 on: 27 January 2020, 16:29:26 »

Panorama, 8:30, tonight.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 January 2020, 17:18:31 »

biggriffin to General Car Chat please.  :)

I don't mind being stuck behind lorries, they have a job to do and they improve my mpg no end. I even encourage it by flashing them out for the overtake.  ;D  I'm always in good time, never late, so I see them as a speed limiter for me to keep my speed down, and my fines.  ::)  The little left, right, left, right on the indicators shows their appreciation and I've done my good deed for the day. I find it rewarding knowing that I've helped them on their way.  :)  And when clear to do so, I can whizz back up to the 69.99mph that I had been doing before that bloody great big truck got in my way.  ;)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 January 2020, 17:31:30 »

If people actually drove at the limit, rather than what they think is the limit (sat nav vs speedo), exercised some form of lane discipline and accepted that other people actually used the road (at the same time, God forbid ;D) then travelling might actually become a less stressful.

This applies to everyone no matter how important they think they are... You, me, Mark in his fancy company hack or even BG in his company hack.

Then perhaps we can have a sensible conversation about changing the limits for cars and lorries.

Banning goods vehicles will only serve to make goods deliveries more expensive, and will lead to congestion at other times of day.

Besides on Monday the whole country will cease to be important, so there should be a lot less traffic ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27 January 2020, 18:08:10 »

The world is going to fall off its axis at 11pm Friday, so nothing at all will matter after that.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 27 January 2020, 18:10:32 »

Likewise the M62 up hill towards the other side of the Pennines!  ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27 January 2020, 18:17:28 »

Breaking news...

The single motorway between Liverpool and Leeds happens to be busy because lots of people use it...  ::)

https://images.app.goo.gl/VehbeFpfL5E4bt6L8
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 27 January 2020, 19:15:29 »

Besides on Monday the whole country will cease to be important, so there should be a lot less traffic ::)

Monday?  ???

You think there'll be another Monday?  :o

Who knew?!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 27 January 2020, 19:49:46 »

Breaking news...

The single motorway between Liverpool and Leeds happens to be busy because lots of people use it...  ::)

The point being made was that 3 of the 4 lanes had HGVs doing somewhere between 55.9mph & 56.1mph all the way up and nobody has the b4lls to stand up to the hauliers and restrict them to just 2 lanes or even have parts of the motorway where they're not allowed to over take.

Cue hauliers cries of everything in shops being carried by HGVs etc etc ......  ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 27 January 2020, 20:00:33 »

Breaking news...

The point being made was that 3 of the 4 lanes had HGVs doing somewhere between 55.9mph & 56.1mph all the way up and nobody has the b4lls to stand up to the hauliers and restrict them to just 2 lanes or even have parts of the motorway where they're not allowed to over take.

Cue hauliers cries of everything in shops being carried by HGVs etc etc ......  ::)

This is common in Germany and works well.  :y

Although I once got stuck behind an elderly bull nosed Merc truck, doing about 30 mph, that was belching out thick black smoke and was wearing what appeared to be Iranian plates. 

When I finally got past there were 6 or 7 blokes of Middle Eastern appearance squeezed in the cab all staring out at me! I was probably the first RHD truck they had seen.  ;D
« Last Edit: 27 January 2020, 20:02:18 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 27 January 2020, 20:40:59 »

The French motorway from Bordeaux to the Spanish border had no overtaking for commercial vehicles . Worked quite well compared to the old days of lorries taking twenty miles to get by another one.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 27 January 2020, 20:53:33 »

For part of its length the M18 is two lane and trucks are forever taking up both lanes as one inches past the other for mile after mile.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 27 January 2020, 21:15:24 »

Ban oppsing Audi,BMW, and other tests from last minute for com lane changes, dumb opps girlys doing facecloth while driving, Stoopid engineers doing conference calls whilst supping a Costa packet,  Shall I stop ranting >:(
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.