Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple carplay etc. in Mondeo Mk 5 Sync3  (Read 2099 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Apple carplay etc. in Mondeo Mk 5 Sync3
« on: 02 July 2017, 11:43:39 »

I'm continuing this from the posts on the "What have you...etc" thread as there are clearly some tech whizzkids who can help, no pack drills but their last 3's are Tunnie and TheBoy.
Jaime, you talked about Siri, are you suggesting that I can ask it to play my music by Blue tooth? :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Apple carplay etc. in Mondeo Mk 5 Sync3
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2017, 19:35:55 »

Have a little look through the manual of the car, see if it allows Bluetooth streaming, rather than via Carplay.

Failing that, I believe Mondeo has an Aux-In 3.5mm jack in glovebox (unless its moved to centre console on newer ones), so you could just get a 3.5mm lead to plug phone straight into that.

With either of these options, you should be able to use Siri (probably press home button for 1s on yours, I seem to recall yours is an older iPhone?_ and say "Play Dark Side of the Moon".  You can play/test Siri in the house, it will just play out of the phone's speaker if the phone isn't connected to anything.

HTH
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2017, 22:19:29 »

Have a little look through the manual of the car, see if it allows Bluetooth streaming, rather than via Carplay.

Failing that, I believe Mondeo has an Aux-In 3.5mm jack in glovebox (unless its moved to centre console on newer ones), so you could just get a 3.5mm lead to plug phone straight into that.

With either of these options, you should be able to use Siri (probably press home button for 1s on yours, I seem to recall yours is an older iPhone?_ and say "Play Dark Side of the Moon".  You can play/test Siri in the house, it will just play out of the phone's speaker if the phone isn't connected to anything.

HTH

I have twin usb sockets in the centre console, and the cigar lighter type under the centre dash. :y

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2017, 06:44:18 »

HTH

As mine has, with a 12V power socket as well, but mine is a few years older that Shack's

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2017, 08:57:33 »

Bluetooth streaming is key, it should support it for other brands of phone (non Apple) for wireless streaming of music. Meaning you could use it as an alternative.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2017, 17:20:17 »

Bluetooth streaming is key, it should support it for other brands of phone (non Apple) for wireless streaming of music. Meaning you could use it as an alternative.
It might automatically revert to Carplay though, which is not what the OP wants.  That's why I was using KISS and suggesting a cable as a starter.
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2017, 18:42:48 »

Sadly, the language passes me by. What is Bluetooth streaming and KISS? :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2017, 19:27:49 »

Bluetooth streaming sends music over the connection, previously like Nokia car kit would just do voice. I.e. Phone calls.

Keep It Simple Stupid

:)
« Last Edit: 03 July 2017, 19:29:23 by tunnie »

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2017, 21:18:00 »

Right. I'll try to use Siri, next time it appears. :y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 July 2017, 10:47:43 »

As others have said, I would disable carplay and then use Bluetooth streaming. I've had a few ford hire cars in the last year or two so I assume the system will be the same as on yours and streaming over Bluetooth means that each time the Nav cuts in, the music is muted, then the car brings the music back up after its told you where to go.

To disable carplay:

Go to Settings then General then Restrictions. Click Enable Restrictions and set a passcode, turn off the CarPlay switch.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 July 2017, 11:20:45 »

As others have said, I would disable carplay and then use Bluetooth streaming. I've had a few ford hire cars in the last year or two so I assume the system will be the same as on yours and streaming over Bluetooth means that each time the Nav cuts in, the music is muted, then the car brings the music back up after its told you where to go.

To disable carplay:

Go to Settings then General then Restrictions. Click Enable Restrictions and set a passcode, turn off the CarPlay switch.

Thanks Jimmy. :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.