Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has Anyone Been Yet.......  (Read 1190 times)

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
Has Anyone Been Yet.......
« on: 09 May 2007, 09:26:23 »

To the STAR WARS exhibition in London, I really want to go but i am busy for the next couple of weekends and i dont think the Girl Friend Would like to go for her Birthday Which I think Is Mad As I would Love to go for mine lol

http://www.starwars-theexhibition.com/index.html

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
Re: Has Anyone Been Yet.......
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2007, 10:02:57 »

Can see me popping in next time I'm down the smoke...
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2007, 11:07:24 »

Just mentioned it to my wife (when she moved in with me moving her Star Wars book collection knackered the springs on my trailer) and guess what? No Omega fettling for me this weekend  ::)

Will let you know what it's like.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2007, 13:17:49 »

You Jammy Sod Kevin One because your going this weekend and Two WHAT A Woman who like starwars you lucky lucky man.

My GF is ok about StarWars but is more into StarGate which in my book is still ok as my ExWife hated anything to do with SciFi

Hmmmm wonder if i can trick the GF into going on her Birthday, Could be a prezzy from me  ::) ::) ::)
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2007, 14:29:35 »

Well I'd say Star Wars is about my limit in sci-fi.

Problem is, the engineer in me grates with stuff like StarGate because, instead of ignoring facts like It's kinda difficult to breathe on other planets and also difficult to get there within your lifetime without abusing the laws of physics, they invent dodgy science to explain it. That just makes me regard the whole lot as a load of horse do.

Hmmmm wonder if i can trick the GF into going on her Birthday, Could be a prezzy from me

Could be. My wife said I should have been impulsive and surprised her but I refer you to the comment above about me being an engineer! You haven't got a cam belt we could do while they wait the queue or something? Could justify it as an official OOF event?

Of course, if you surprise her with it she'd be happy to hide the fact that she's not really into Star Wars!

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2007, 11:15:08 »

Well I'd say Star Wars is about my limit in sci-fi.

Problem is, the engineer in me grates with stuff like StarGate because, instead of ignoring facts like It's kinda difficult to breathe on other planets and also difficult to get there within your lifetime without abusing the laws of physics, they invent dodgy science to explain it. That just makes me regard the whole lot as a load of horse do.

Hmmmm wonder if i can trick the GF into going on her Birthday, Could be a prezzy from me

Could be. My wife said I should have been impulsive and surprised her but I refer you to the comment above about me being an engineer! You haven't got a cam belt we could do while they wait the queue or something? Could justify it as an official OOF event?

Of course, if you surprise her with it she'd be happy to hide the fact that she's not really into Star Wars!

Kevin

Hollywood Science, don't you just love it ;)

I'm jealous, Kit Car Show one weekend, followed by Star Wars the next - with no problems from the Mrs, how lucky are you?!
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2007, 15:43:25 »

Well, went to the Star Wars exhibition. Turns out it is just that. Exhibits in glass cases. Lots of props from the various films, including full size models of a couple of fighters, costumes, artwork, directors' notes, etc.

It was interesting, and would probably be more so for a real Star Wars anorak, of which there were plenty. I felt, having emerged after 90 minutes in there, that spending £16.50 in a pub would have been much more fun and better value but I have always like the simple things in life  ;)

Kevin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.