Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Openreach?  (Read 5928 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Openreach?
« Reply #45 on: 11 July 2019, 16:23:09 »

When I started, we were still fixing Candlesticks (early phones) ;)

Virgin grew out of the smaller cable companies like NTL and Telewest.  But their coverage is minimal.  So for the vast, vast, vast majority of us, if we want a phone line, the "GPO" have to come and fit it. Unless you live in Hull.
Why would you want to do that?
Here we go again. Kingston upon Hull is a fine city, UK capital of culture don't you know?  ;D
So was Liverpool  ;D
No. Liverpool was European capital of culture:)

It is a great all round City! 8) 8) 8) :y :y
European capital of culture, European football champions......say no more  ;D

With no less than TWO* great teams within sight of each other!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

* Yes, I know, the city is split on that one and will only accept either The Reds or The Blues!!  "Come on you Reds!!"   ;D ;D ;D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13 July 2019, 10:45:33 »

My brain in very much in gear thanks. To think through anything you still need the ACTUAL facts that somebody like TB knows about his industry.  I am not going to assume anything, as I think you do so often! ::) ::) :D :D :D ;)
My job is to make sure "the Internet works". Not the local loop - That's Openreach's (or Virgin is available in your area (unlikely) or KCOM (formally Kingston Communications) if you live in Hull.

Note, other than currently being wholly owned by BT Group, Openreach is nothing to do with BT - they are 2 entirely separate entities who are legally not allowed to talk to each other.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 13 July 2019, 12:15:37 »

My brain in very much in gear thanks. To think through anything you still need the ACTUAL facts that somebody like TB knows about his industry.  I am not going to assume anything, as I think you do so often! ::) ::) :D :D :D ;)
My job is to make sure "the Internet works". Not the local loop - That's Openreach's (or Virgin is available in your area (unlikely) or KCOM (formally Kingston Communications) if you live in Hull.

Note, other than currently being wholly owned by BT Group, Openreach is nothing to do with BT - they are 2 entirely separate entities who are legally not allowed to talk to each other.
Like any good marriage...
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.