Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: mo mega mo problems (mv6 2.6 eml)  (Read 13491 times)

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
Re: mo mega mo problems (mv6 2.6 eml)
« Reply #15 on: 26 June 2012, 00:47:01 »

New packs, new plugs, checked connections best I could for connectivity.

Only codes are 300, 305 on pedal. 304, 6, 5 repeatedly on solus regardless of the above.

What's bizarre is that it runs the opposite way to an HT fault.

HT usually has issues down low where a miss starts and gets at least a little easier at higher RPM as the engine picks up.

This is RPM specific, but only when rolling. On idle, there is nothing, no miss all live data is within sensible ranges. All data graphs are smooth when left too.  :-\

The reason I'm thinking ABS / Traction isn't just because of the errors on the read of it, but that it cuts in at the sort of rebs (and sort of surface) that TC would.

Load it up ridiculously heavily wrong gear, steep hill etc.. and keep it below 4k and it pulls like a train. Lay off or change down and kit 4k it decides 2 cyls on bank 1 should be shut down, then get rpm to 4k again and it will shut down 5. (and I mean 4000 RPM exactly. Not 200 more, not 200 less! << smacks of electronic fault?)

I repeated this test with different combinations of components all day. Every time it is 4, 6, then if you do it again without clearing it will do 5. If you do clear after 4 and 6 it will do 4 then 6    again. There is NO variation in this, it is TOO regular to be a miss and is not dependent on critical amounts of load like HT.  :-\ :-\

albitz

« Reply #16 on: 26 June 2012, 00:55:19 »

Tech 2 session might be your best bet ?  :-\

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #17 on: 26 June 2012, 00:57:22 »

Hmmn yeah proper diagnosis session required! Don't really want to start taking more from the Gold mig on a hunch! Coilpacks and sensors from my spare Y26se have come in handy!

feeutfo

« Reply #18 on: 26 June 2012, 01:02:15 »

Yes i see your point now, sorry. :-[

Will it drive to Brackley? Near Silverstone? See if TheBoy can get his tech2 on it.

He's on holiday now I believe, but due back soon.

Or Kevin Wood in Alton? Both very competent with tech2 diags.

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #19 on: 26 June 2012, 01:09:06 »

I'd love to get my head around it but it's getting beyond me / soon so fantastic to hear such expertise is available here! Love learning too though!

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #20 on: 26 June 2012, 21:58:02 »

I've had a quick look, but am on my phone in the dark! Anyone have a wiring diagram containing the injector setup? If I can work out the multiplug I can check they are getting voltage when it's missing I guess. Noticed a TPS error - swapped the throttle body and the fly by wire sender for the pedal - was clutching at strings!

Could the crank sensor (changed cam) be causing something like this in a bizarre way?

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #21 on: 27 June 2012, 19:40:54 »

Saw this on another forum..

"On my way to work, as soon as the car hit 4k revs in 5th, so roughly 70mph, the car wouldn't stall but the engine light would flash and the engine would seem to pull back, so the car would slow down and it would be nigh on impossible for me to accelerate.

The only way to make a temporary solution to this would be to turn the engine off and back on, and I'd be able to accelerate as normal and continue without a problem as long as I stuck to about 60mph. I took the car to the garage and the diagnostic kit said that the car was misfiring, though it wasn't. Only when I hit 4k revs and the power would reduce, after which it would be very hesitant whilst accelerating.
"

And this:

"10-06-09, 01:04 AM
hi mate i had a problem with my v6 gsi sounds very similar to the one your having. my car was running fine up until 4k revs and as soon as it got to around those revs it would act as if i was taking my foot on and off the throttle. my problem was my crank sensor. my ecu light didnt come on once. if you are going to change it put a genuine vauxhall one in it because motor factor copies arent very good."

Anyone give me a last shred of hope here?!  ;)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 June 2012, 19:57:07 »

Does the engine actually exceed 4K rpm Andy
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #23 on: 27 June 2012, 20:04:07 »

Hi Rob,

On idle stationary (or coasting) it will fly round to the red with no hesitation.

Moving is a different kettle of fish. I've not tried persistently to breach it, but I'm pretty sure 4k - 4.5k is about it! It I get a sec tonight I'll go round the block to confirm. TBH, it's so rough on limit mode that I thought I was going through the screen when it first cut in! It's crazy when you do it twice (revving round to 4 moving) and it drops to 3 and continues to idle!!

I have spreadsheets of live data of 3 test runs if anyone wants a look?

Run one. ECU Recording - Cleared codes run down the lane until hit 4k and ECU light comes on. Drops 4 & 6.
Run two. ABS +Trac recording (same conditions after re-setting codes as above) Drops 4 & 6

Run three. Didn't clear codes and repeated the same run (60secs or so) now dropped and coded 300, 305 but has codes for clys 4, 6 and 5.
Run four. Cleared everything. Drove back down the lane not exceeding 4k.
« Last Edit: 27 June 2012, 20:09:46 by jtypecav »

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #24 on: 27 June 2012, 20:13:50 »

Also.. the TPS reading "invalid" right up to the second the light comes on (but only on full throttle) is still bothering me!!

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #25 on: 29 June 2012, 18:28:33 »

Right.

Changed the crank sensor today (it looked original so figured it was worth a shot!). For a fleeting second I thought it had cured it as I launched it up to 4k. Bizzarely it let me do it. Then again. So I went to the shops as I'd been ordered to buy a Lemon (not the omega kind!).

Came out to the car and drove home with a massive grin, only to find it's back to putting the light on all the time every time when in gear above 4k.  :'(

Anyone want to see the data from the runs I drove to see if they spot anything?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 June 2012, 18:38:04 »

Sorry I've just seen this.

Going from the initial symptoms, not the muddled ones after some random part swapping, do you have the facilities to see what the Long Term Fuel Trims are doing on Bank 2. This is in the Engine Management ECU.
Grumpy old man

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #27 on: 29 June 2012, 18:47:14 »

Going from the initial symptoms, not the muddled ones after some random part swapping,

To be honest the symptoms haven't changed throughout, they are pure and undiluted!
(Everything I had was to hand in spares and every part had a justification or a theory behind it. I love learning from this stuff!) Servers and subsequently games development before academe was my bread and butter so I don't get enough excuses to get my hands dirty!

Do you have the facilities to see what the Long Term Fuel Trims are doing on Bank 2. This is in the Engine Management ECU.

What sort of numbers would you expect here? I'll take a look. I'll also upload the data from the run too.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 June 2012, 18:50:19 »

Going from the initial symptoms, not the muddled ones after some random part swapping,

To be honest the symptoms haven't changed throughout, they are pure and undiluted!
(Everything I had was to hand in spares and every part had a justification or a theory behind it. I love learning from this stuff!) Servers and subsequently games development before academe was my bread and butter so I don't get enough excuses to get my hands dirty!

Do you have the facilities to see what the Long Term Fuel Trims are doing on Bank 2. This is in the Engine Management ECU.

What sort of numbers would you expect here? I'll take a look. I'll also upload the data from the run too.
Random part changing clouds the waters, thus I'm going purely on initial post :)

For Long Term Trims, I'd expect both to be at 0% +-1%, both now, and after a 20min drive. Try different driving styles as well, eg Miss Daisy, and "the chrisgixer method" ;D

The Short Term Trims will be all over the place, ignore them for now.
Grumpy old man

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #29 on: 29 June 2012, 19:05:21 »

Haha! I'm learning names on the forum by driving style! Chrisgixer as opposed to Tunnie then?!

Long and short term are in the data. TB / anyone if you could take a look it'd be awesome.

1st Run From idle to 4K and EML (90 seconds) Cly 4 & 6 injectors seem to shut down

Excuse my colour coding highlighting things changing and when the management light came on.

2nd Run Already missing 4,6 accellerate to 4K and EML Cly 5 seems to shut down
« Last Edit: 29 June 2012, 19:15:57 by jtypecav »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.