Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: wheels  (Read 7698 times)

05omegav6

Re: wheels
« Reply #30 on: 18 August 2013, 20:29:45 »

Thing is Cem, in that situation, your insurer would pay the third party and then come after you to cover their payout.

Net result, you could potentially end up bankrupt and homeless, so buying another car would be a fair way down the list ::)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #31 on: 19 August 2013, 07:30:04 »

Thing is Cem, in that situation, your insurer would pay the third party and then come after you to cover their payout.

Net result, you could potentially end up bankrupt and homeless, so buying another car would be a fair way down the list ::)

thats valid only if you are responsible for the accident..  ;)

but back to beginning of thread , wheels are suitable as the list explains..  and its ops decision to use them or not..

and personally I would use without any hesitation..  the insurance firms nonsense (as also seen in the example of winter tyres) dont change the reality!

so can you tell me if 195/65 -15 is original original size which factory fitted for the same car how can 215/55-16 can be dangerous ?

and besides there are other factors that can effect a tyres grip factor like age-mileage-quality..

in that case if I was the insurance firm I would check the tyres and if they were high mileage  or age I would try my chance and still not pay ;D
« Last Edit: 19 August 2013, 07:39:19 by cem »

05omegav6

« Reply #32 on: 19 August 2013, 12:19:26 »

Cem once again you simply ignore details to make your point.

The OFFSET is different. Tyre size is irrelevant to the OPs question. Although the tyres fitted to the signum are different to the Omega for precisely the same reasons as the offset being different

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #33 on: 19 August 2013, 13:11:18 »

Cem once again you simply ignore details to make your point.

The OFFSET is different. Tyre size is irrelevant to the OPs question. Although the tyres fitted to the signum are different to the Omega for precisely the same reasons as the offset being different

signum offset 35, omega offset 33 so very close.. 

and you are telling this to a man who uses spacers ;D ;D ;D

and according to vauxhalls list wheel offsets from 35 to 45 can be used :)
http://www.wheelfitment.net/vauxhall

ps: although later opel/vauxhall changed offset to 39
http://www.tire-size.net/size/opel/omega/

so even factory plays with offsets although the drive train not changed
« Last Edit: 19 August 2013, 13:17:55 by cem »

05omegav6

« Reply #34 on: 19 August 2013, 13:41:28 »

Name a one newer rwd Vx with an offset of 39...

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #35 on: 19 August 2013, 14:01:43 »

first you answer my question  :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19 August 2013, 19:19:44 »

Cem,

In the UK, the law is on the insurers side. If you fail to declare ANYTHING that should be reasonably declared, then your insurance will be invalid with the full backing of the law. This in practice means any non-standard modification to a motor vehicle. Even painting a GT stripe will invalidate your insurance if it is not declared as they will deem if they had known, this would have been an increased risk factor.

Where the insurance will still stand is for any 3rd party damage, but with fully comprehensive insurance it will NOT cover your damage as they will cancel the policy.

Yes, you can go to the insurance ombudsman, some cases will be upheld and some rejected. After that, the next course of action would be to take it to court, but this is very expensive and unless you could show that the ombudsman have ignored some significant evidence or had made a clear mistake, you would probably lose again.

Policy wordings are carefully drafted legal documents, but there are occasional loopholes, a particular set of circumstances that are unclear in the policy wording or during the sales process. Then the insurance company may accept or reject the claim on how close the circumstances fit the intent of the policy wording and it is in these circumstances that an Ombudsman's ruling may be required. The insurance company will then quickly revise the policy wording to close the loophole or make the intent of the policy clearer.

There are strict rules enforced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on what you can and can't say when selling an insurance policy and insurance companies have compliance officers to make sure these are upheld.

So, yes there are shades of grey, but if you don't declare a modification then that is generally black and white.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #37 on: 19 August 2013, 19:56:57 »

Cem,

In the UK, the law is on the insurers side. If you fail to declare ANYTHING that should be reasonably declared, then your insurance will be invalid with the full backing of the law. This in practice means any non-standard modification to a motor vehicle. Even painting a GT stripe will invalidate your insurance if it is not declared as they will deem if they had known, this would have been an increased risk factor.

Where the insurance will still stand is for any 3rd party damage, but with fully comprehensive insurance it will NOT cover your damage as they will cancel the policy.

Yes, you can go to the insurance ombudsman, some cases will be upheld and some rejected. After that, the next course of action would be to take it to court, but this is very expensive and unless you could show that the ombudsman have ignored some significant evidence or had made a clear mistake, you would probably lose again.

Policy wordings are carefully drafted legal documents, but there are occasional loopholes, a particular set of circumstances that are unclear in the policy wording or during the sales process. Then the insurance company may accept or reject the claim on how close the circumstances fit the intent of the policy wording and it is in these circumstances that an Ombudsman's ruling may be required. The insurance company will then quickly revise the policy wording to close the loophole or make the intent of the policy clearer.

There are strict rules enforced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on what you can and can't say when selling an insurance policy and insurance companies have compliance officers to make sure these are upheld.

So, yes there are shades of grey, but if you don't declare a modification then that is generally black and white.

thanks for the long clarification Rods..  as I stated earlier, there are 2 solutions, either you talk with the insurance and see what they say , in case they accept, no problem.. if not you are on your own either you use this set and take responsibility in case you hit someone..

or directly ignore probabilities and use them.. 

however, I still see no apparent reason not to use them as even 195 tyres are an omega standard..

besides, I can bet that a large number of cars used in UK can be found "faulty" because of some different , wheel, tyre, mods or for another reason..

and finally back to the original question, will signum wheels  fit omega or not.. yes they will fit ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #38 on: 19 August 2013, 20:30:02 »

I wasn't aware you had ::)

Signum/Vectra C wheels will technically fit as the wheel bolt PCD is the same 110mm, that does NOT mean that they actually fit the design requirements decided by the designer.

Quite frankly your obstinance is starting to grate :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19 August 2013, 20:33:14 »

however, I still see no apparent reason not to use them as even 195 tyres are an omega standard..
Let me put it another way. Lets say I owned an M3, which comes with bloody enormous Z rated boots. Would it be sensible to run it on the narrowest, lowest speed rated tyre that BMW fit to any 3 series?

No, of course not.
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #40 on: 19 August 2013, 20:41:47 »

Signum/Vectra C wheels will technically fit as the wheel bolt PCD is the same 110mm, that does NOT mean that they actually fit the design requirements decided by the designer.

sorry I dont know any word like "obstinance " and cant find in dictionaries ;D

and for your information I have used 16 wheels with 215/55-16 tyres for long years without any  :) problem..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #41 on: 19 August 2013, 20:42:46 »

Let me put it another way. Lets say I owned an M3, which comes with bloody enormous Z rated boots. Would it be sensible to run it on the narrowest, lowest speed rated tyre that BMW fit to any 3 series?

No, of course not.

depends on the driver  ::) s driving style ;D ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #42 on: 19 August 2013, 20:49:56 »

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=obstinance&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

05omegav6

« Reply #43 on: 19 August 2013, 20:50:40 »

Is Google broken? TFFT.

Bet you don't use longer wheel bolts for your spacers either... not that it matters because you are always so wrong in fact, that you might just be right ???

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #44 on: 19 August 2013, 20:51:35 »

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=obstinance&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

thanks for the help Chris ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.