Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The Glitch is back... (MV6 Y26SE LIMP)  (Read 8223 times)

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
Re: The Glitch is back... (MV6 Y26SE LIMP)
« Reply #45 on: 17 December 2013, 10:28:18 »

Both are stock 2.6 manual, but parts were "borrowed" from a 3.2 auto - part no's were the same on both.
Assuming due to lack of codes whatever it is is throwing up inconsistent / erroneous readings, rather than not at all as car is not producing codes.

05omegav6

« Reply #46 on: 17 December 2013, 10:57:37 »

Plenty of cars have been converted to manual without throttle issues, and I doubt anyone would have changed the pedal position sensor. :-\
Hadn't considered that :-[

Have you tried a different manual ecu/loom?

AndyStobbs

« Reply #47 on: 17 December 2013, 12:01:53 »

So if you know its the injectors, then how is it occuring? A complete switch off or a reduced duration on the two affected cylinders, does your lambda sensor report lean conditions on each bank during the fault - to back up the injectors being turned off.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 17 December 2013, 14:43:20 »

It looks in the log as if the throttle position is returning to closed, assuming the driver didn't come off the gas as soon as the EML started flashing.

Injectors is unlikely, IMHO, because they are completely independent and any errors in the wiring are picked up by the ecu's internal monitoring. Yes, one injector could fail, but the engine would continue pulling with a misfire and you'd get a misfire code and (if it's electrical) an injector circuit code. Multiple/all injectors failing at once would be unlikely.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 17 December 2013, 16:49:54 »

Are you sure its can? Looks more like twin k lines or a k and l to me.

Yes its CAN, came about when the engine design was updated for the latest Euro 3 specs, the ECU type changed and GM were fitting CAN equipped ECU's in preperation for the Vectra C (which started off partial CAN e.g. engine, box, ABS etc and then full CAN) and the use of the 3.2 in the US market (Caterra and early CTS). In addition, it allowed a later gearbox ECU to be used and supprted the CAN variant of Bosch ABS unit which had additional featuers such as full ESP (with additional sensors added).

The specific variant can be run full CAN (clearly not on the Omega) or partial as per the Omega with firmware changes.

My concern is that there has been some T2 work done since and we have no idea what exactly was changed.
If your near Nottingham at any time I can plug in and see.

On the 4k limit, we know of plenty of sensors that can cause a limp mode to kick in, what we dont know is if there are other external interfaces to the ECU that can do the same (e.g. if its not been correctly configured fully to auto is there a speed missmatch between ABS and auto speed signal that can do it?)
« Last Edit: 17 December 2013, 16:54:22 by Fuse18 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 17 December 2013, 19:13:56 »

Given engine load is suspect, I'd be checking MAF against a known good. That said, I've seen the Naff code reader misread live data (not pinned it down, might be if too many measuring blocks selected, or piss poor laptop).

If you every pass Alton, Hampshire or Nottingham, I'd take up the offers made above by Kevin Wood and Fuse18, both know how to use the diags equipment.
Grumpy old man

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #51 on: 17 December 2013, 20:27:00 »

Thanks everyone. As soon as it's back from another mammoth run to Europe it'll be paying a visit to Hampshire as soon as it's convenient!

AndyStobbs

« Reply #52 on: 17 December 2013, 20:57:16 »

Just to throw another variable into the mix (though I don't set much store by it) does the operation of the multiram system differ between auto and manual differ?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 17 December 2013, 21:13:34 »

Just to throw another variable into the mix (though I don't set much store by it) does the operation of the multiram system differ between auto and manual differ?
I don't believe so
Grumpy old man

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 17 December 2013, 22:58:06 »

have you considered torque reduction request at gearchange ? a feature of auto only.

you really need to ascertain if the misfire is caused by the Traction Control function of the ABS. If its only two specific cylinders, then I suspect not. But if, however, its a random cylinder cut, then I'd believe so. Does the TC lamp flash when its misfiring ?

There are very few ways in which the transmission ecu could cause a rev limit to be applied. In fact, I can't think of any at all.

I have a spare manual 2.6 siemens ecu and chip, etc if you'd like it

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #55 on: 17 December 2013, 23:16:57 »

Lamp doesn't flash, but is two random cyls, normay one each bank. The revs are not limited, its just far harder to get there!

Remember the bizarre do it once loose two cyls, do it again and loose another 2 on top of the first two! Yes, it tries to run on two for a second then dies, I bet if it'd run on 2 do it a 3rd time and it'd drop to zero!

AndyStobbs

« Reply #56 on: 18 December 2013, 08:39:02 »

Do you have the csv file?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 18 December 2013, 12:09:50 »

Just re read most of this..
 so you have a car that is not 100% you've known about it for a while and your going to take it on a 3000 odd mile jolly across Europe? ::)

is it me.
Hoof'land storeman.

05omegav6

« Reply #58 on: 18 December 2013, 12:47:35 »

Just re read most of this..
 so you have a car that is not 100% you've known about it for a while and your going to take it on a 3000 odd mile jolly across Europe? ::)

is it me.

What could possibly go wrong ::)

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #59 on: 18 December 2013, 13:09:27 »

It's done it twice before so far!

18 months ago I fitted an auto ecu and it's driven lovely since. So no reason to think it wont continue to.  ;D Only reason this all came up was because I wanted to enable cruise, and needed it to be a manual ecu again to work! Didn't think it'd come back on a completely different ecu, when all that changed was the designation. So it's been put back to auto and driving fine since. But on return it's getting sorted!!!!

Plus I've taken all my tools!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.