Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Glitch is back... (MV6 Y26SE LIMP)  (Read 8262 times)

AndyStobbs

Re: The Glitch is back... (MV6 Y26SE LIMP)
« Reply #90 on: 19 December 2013, 18:23:29 »

Because we are running out of avenues to explore and the ABS ecu shares its connection to the engine ecu with the autobox ecu.
With the engine ecu configured for auto, do you still get the drop out of VSS signal?

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 21 December 2013, 07:52:49 »

The ABS ecu can cause some very funny problems when incorrectly / nor programmed.  They need to know engine size and gearbox type.

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #92 on: 22 December 2013, 00:30:52 »

Looking forward to getting back to Blighty and getting it sorted, but the old girl has done me proud so far. Over 1000 miles today on the auto ecu and not a whimper. Currently in Poland heading for mountains. Was nasty accident in Dresden where the coolant level warning came on, but that was just a gummed up sensor from the oil coolers fail last month! Its been living up to it's autobahn storming name that's for sure!

jtypecav

• Intermediate Member
  • Near Bath, Somerset
    • SRe, MV6, GL Turbo!
    • View Profile
    • MK2CAV.COM
« Reply #93 on: 08 January 2014, 23:06:14 »

Right, well £500 in fuel lighter, I'm looking to get to the bottom of this. The omega will become the second car about March instead of the newest thing I own with a new thing on the way. But despite obvious advantages of MPG etc we have decided that Kat's MK4 astra will be going on to pastures new instead.

I'm hoping that sorting this out might give me a couple more mpg though. With winter stickies on she averaged 26mpg over 2000 miles of motorway! That's the same I get around the lanes pretty much. Didn't miss a beat the whole way mind. Bar a heart in mouth moment when the coolant level warning came on during a 4 car pileup endued traffic jam near dresden when sat in stationary traffic. A quick check prooved it was just gunk from the previous oil cooler problem still in the system bunging it up!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.