Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A Forum Member needing Help Guys & Gals Please.  (Read 6238 times)

Robski

• Wigan,Gtr Manchester
    • View Profile
Re: A Forum Member needing Help Guys & Gals Please.
« Reply #30 on: 16 May 2009, 00:05:19 »

I wonder how they're getting on with this one? I hope they can at least solve the petrol running.
Yup it's running fine on petrol now, I'm just trying to see if I can decipher anything useful from some engine data we recorded after Daz stripped and rebuilt the inlets & plenum.

I take it that means the muppet had created can air leak then?

Was the coolant feed to the Vaporiser correct?

Yes it seems it was a air leak the rather muppet had created >:( >:(

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 May 2009, 00:12:23 »

I wonder how they're getting on with this one? I hope they can at least solve the petrol running.
Yup it's running fine on petrol now, I'm just trying to see if I can decipher anything useful from some engine data we recorded after Daz stripped and rebuilt the inlets & plenum.

I take it that means the muppet had created can air leak then?

Was the coolant feed to the Vaporiser correct?
Two pipes run from vaporiser, one to the coolant bridge, the other to the HBV. We didn't know which way they should connect to the vaporiser (does it matter) so left them alone assuming the LPG guy will be able to check them tomorrow but the vaporiser is getting hot.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Robski

• Wigan,Gtr Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 May 2009, 00:17:10 »

Captain anything in the data recordings?

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 May 2009, 00:33:29 »

Yeap seems to have been an air leak yet again after a visit to this "LPG Fitter" >:(
The two pipes from the Vapouriser are connected to the pipe going to the Coolant Bridge with a Jubilee Clip behind the HBV aswell as another join with another Jubilee Clip from the HBV also at the back so you have to dig to actually see them..
Hope the Gas Fitter tomorrow can sort out this Gas Problem once and for all as I don't fancy taking it to bits again :o

Good Luck Rob :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Robski

• Wigan,Gtr Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 16 May 2009, 00:48:42 »

Yeap seems to have been an air leak yet again after a visit to this "LPG Fitter" >:(
The two pipes from the Vapouriser are connected to the pipe going to the Coolant Bridge with a Jubilee Clip behind the HBV aswell as another join with another Jubilee Clip from the HBV also at the back so you have to dig to actually see them..
Hope the Gas Fitter tomorrow can sort out this Gas Problem once and for all as I don't fancy taking it to bits again :o

Good Luck Rob :y

I hope so too because Im sick of you flashing outside my house to Dee ;D ;D ;D ;D
No on a serious note I think KNOBHEAD LPG INSTALLATIONS has been giving me the run around,well its finally got me breaked off I just hope this other guy can sort it and give me a engineers report then Im going to trading standards.
Thanks yet again for your help :y :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16 May 2009, 00:51:48 »

Sounds like the plumbing is OK, apart from being untidy!

Has it ever run properly on gas? Just wandering if something has been disturbed during routine maintenance or if there's something silly like lambda signals applied to the wrong bank.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2009, 00:53:27 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16 May 2009, 00:59:37 »

Has it ever run properly on gas? Just wandering if something has been disturbed during routine maintenance or if there's something silly like lambda signals applied to the wrong bank.
Lambdas appear to be working but for 20 seconds or so revs drop and injector pulse goes all over the place to compensate I assume.
I've a csv file of data if anyone wants to take a look, views in excel or I assume any spreadsheet ap.
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 16 May 2009, 01:01:21 »

This bloody gas man has swapped and changed his mind loads of times >:(

The last time it went funny sounds like when Rob left the scuttle panel of and it rained heavy. Rob thought that water had got into the dispack. But I reckon it sounds more like the appauling wiring got wet.
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16 May 2009, 01:04:28 »

The last time it went funny sounds like when Rob left the scuttle panel of and it rained heavy. Rob thought that water had got into the dispack. But I reckon it sounds more like the appauling wiring got wet.
Aye it is a bit of a rats maze.
The professional way the ecu is just rattling around in the scuttle doesn't inspire confidence either.
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16 May 2009, 01:06:46 »

Aye it is a bit of a rats maze.
The professional way the ecu is just rattling around in the scuttle doesn't inspire confidence either.

Nope definately not  :-?

Robski

• Wigan,Gtr Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 16 May 2009, 01:25:22 »

Has it ever run properly on gas? Just wandering if something has been disturbed during routine maintenance or if there's something silly like lamb signals applied to the wrong bank.

Its been back to the installer 3 or 4 times since install on 30/1,I've had bullsh*t like its DIS Pack or plugs or leads,so Daz changed them,went back still not running right on gas but fine on petrol,its drawing air and not firing on cylinder 3 was next load of 'dangle berries',got Daz to sort airleaks,changed DIS,plugs & leads again,running fine again on petrol.Took it back to gas man again next load of shite was coolant systems pressurizing so left it with him to sort gas,collected it this afternoon to be told "engine runs and fuels fine when cold,as engine gets hot the coolant system pressurizes and engine begins to idle erratically,possible cylinder head fault,cylinder block fault or both".
Drove 20miles home and car was again running as if drawing air(again).Daz came out yet again and stripped it down to check all gaskets were in place,put it back together and the erratic idle has gone,but will not run on gas but fine on petrol.All the work Daz as done tonight was done at Captain Zoks,where captain ran diagnostics and everything was fine.We ran the car for a good hour whilst there and everything is as it should be apart from the GAS!!!!!!!!
As for anything been disturbed yes ME ;D ;D

Robski

• Wigan,Gtr Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16 May 2009, 01:29:16 »

Has it ever run properly on gas? Just wandering if something has been disturbed during routine maintenance or if there's something silly like lamb signals applied to the wrong bank.

Its been back to the installer 3 or 4 times since install on 30/1,I've had bullsh*t like its DIS Pack or plugs or leads,so Daz changed them,went back still not running right on gas but fine on petrol,its drawing air and not firing on cylinder 3 was next load of 'dangle berries',got Daz to sort airleaks,changed DIS,plugs & leads again,running fine again on petrol.Took it back to gas man again next load of shite was coolant systems pressurizing so left it with him to sort gas,collected it this afternoon to be told "engine runs and fuels fine when cold,as engine gets hot the coolant system pressurizes and engine begins to idle erratically,possible cylinder head fault,cylinder block fault or both".
Drove 20miles home and car was again running as if drawing air(again).Daz came out yet again and stripped it down to check all gaskets were in place,put it back together and the erratic idle has gone,but will not run on gas but fine on petrol.All the work Daz as done tonight was done at Captain Zoks,where captain ran diagnostics and everything was fine.We ran the car for a good hour whilst there and everything is as it should be apart from the GAS!!!!!!!!

Daz if Ive missed anything add it please :y :y :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16 May 2009, 01:30:00 »

Did the Gasman not say that the Thermostat was blocked shut, plus the Cylinder Head or Cylinder was cracked too  :o

Robski

• Wigan,Gtr Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 16 May 2009, 01:32:51 »

Did the Gasman not say that the Thermostat was blocked shut, plus the Cylinder Head or Cylinder was cracked too  :o

Yes he did forgot that,cheers mate :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 May 2009, 01:34:28 »

Proved the thermostat was working properly though tonight, and if the cylinder head was cracked your car would run terrible on petrol too...

He is a first class knobhead Rob >:(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.