Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: what brand tyres - 52 plate 2.6 CDX  (Read 4220 times)

Mrs Cakey

• Suffolk
  • Cake, I need Cake, Give me cake!
    • View Profile
Re: what brand tyres - 52 plate 2.6 CDX
« Reply #30 on: 18 September 2011, 15:34:55 »

I'm experimenting with Neuton NT5000 (only available from Neo Bros direct or eBay) on the rear and am quite impressed so far (for a cheapish tyre)
Mrs Lazydocker to some. Thought it was about time I had my own name!
I have to keep posting things for him because he's still not got an account

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 September 2011, 15:36:08 »

KU31's are listed on WIM's site, good price to £96 a corner. Heard they are noisy though?  :-/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 September 2011, 15:39:20 »

I'm experimenting with Neuton NT5000 (only available from Neo Bros direct or eBay) on the rear and am quite impressed so far (for a cheapish tyre)

How much delivered? Much road noise?

feeutfo

« Reply #33 on: 18 September 2011, 15:43:29 »

KU31's are listed on WIM's site, good price to £96 a corner. Heard they are noisy though?  :-/
Falkens are very quiet. I think that might be the trade off tyre makers play with. You can have quiet, you can have good stability, but not both.
Falkens are quiet, but wonder badly
Dunlops are noisy but have excellent stability and planted feel.
Sc3 not quite as planted as Dynlops, but not quite as noisy.
If you see what I mean  :)

Might be rubbish, just an observation.

Point is you wont find a quieter tyre than a Falken. Although the language in the car more than makes up for it when trying to get the car to drive straight.  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 September 2011, 15:46:30 »

Falkens are very quiet. I think that might be the trade off tyre makers play with. You can have quiet, you can have good stability, but not both.

Point is you wont find a quieter tyre than a Falken. Although the language in the car more than makes up for it when trying to get the car to drive straight.  ;D

;D ;D ;D

I understand  :y

You can't have everything, amazing grip in dry & wet, limited aquaplaning & for it to be silent.

I won't be putting Falkens on, I need something more grip, but I want to limit the noise as much as possible.

Might be looking at Michelin Primacy HP, but they are a bit steep at £140 each  :(

feeutfo

« Reply #35 on: 18 September 2011, 16:17:24 »

;D ;D ;D

You can't have everything, amazing grip in dry & wet, limited aquaplaning & for it to be silent.

I won't be putting Falkens on, I need something more grip, but I want to limit the noise as much as possible.

Might be looking at Michelin Primacy HP, but they are a bit steep at £140 each  :(
Stable, average grip, but knowing you Tunster, you'll never ever ever need to change them unless you get a puncture.  ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18 September 2011, 16:25:25 »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Given my current mileage is now 1k every couple of months, rather than 1k a week, I could retire on those tyres  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18 September 2011, 16:46:03 »

Hummm Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 are £107 a corner delivered on mytyres, good price, reviews seem good too  :-/
« Last Edit: 18 September 2011, 16:46:28 by tunnie »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #38 on: 18 September 2011, 17:24:05 »

;D ;D ;D

Tunnie if you can find Micheline Pilot Exalto for the size you are looking , its a very good tire..Silent and very good grip  , also have top points in rating (but not sure of tire life, still using).. But I doubt they will be cheap.. I bought 15 size for nearly 17 price :-/

( as I see it has the size 235 45 17 but sure will cost an arm and a leg)
« Last Edit: 18 September 2011, 17:27:07 by cem_devecioglu »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #39 on: 18 September 2011, 17:39:07 »

Don't rate potenza 001 that highly tbh. For the wear rate I expected more grip. Sc3 superior on both criteria.

good tyre I suppose but better available.

the wear rates for potenza not that slow.. I start to think that temperature differences cause the same tire to show different characters between UK and my country :-/
Bike Tyre manufacturers allow for that, so for example, dont buy a tyre in Spain and expect it to work here in the uk. Because it just won't get warm enough to work.

Don't know but I would think car tyre makers would be similar???  :-/

Found the potenza 001 very noisy as well. Although sc3 not exactly quiet to be fair.

normally summer tires are claimed to work for a wide temperature range .. however , in reality thats not the case.. especially sport summer tires from my experience are designed to work hot.. and below some temperatures depending on the tire brand they dont grip well and make noise also.. bridgestone potenza series(re050, re040, r001, s001 etc) and pirelli pzero are the first examples that comes to mind.. Not sure for michelines as they are already soft even the ps2-ps3 :-/
« Last Edit: 18 September 2011, 17:40:52 by cem_devecioglu »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18 September 2011, 19:41:41 »

I admit they are on my DTi but I don't find them noisy, got about 14K out of the rears so far and on about 3mm now, mind you, having a a turbo bolted onto the engine does mean that it's compulsary to get the tail out at every single corner. Personally I think you'd see a good 22 - 25K out of them if you drive as sedately as people on here say!
 :-/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18 September 2011, 19:58:57 »

I admit they are on my DTi but I don't find them noisy, got about 14K out of the rears so far and on about 3mm now, mind you, having a a turbo bolted onto the engine does mean that it's compulsary to get the tail out at every single corner. Personally I think you'd see a good 22 - 25K out of them if you drive as sedately as people on here say!
 :-/

I chuck it about bit, but I do mostly motorway miles, which accounts for the milage.

As long as 31's can see be sourced, they are not much more than tyres for my CD

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18 September 2011, 20:13:54 »

Listed perhaps.. but not available  :(  they can get 38's

I've just had a pair of Toyo's T1 Sports fitted, not done enough mileage yet (only done 300) to really comment as the sdressing will still be present, but nothing abnormal noted yet, ride and noise levels ok ... not pushed them at all however.

Toyo's were £98 + VAT a corner
« Last Edit: 18 September 2011, 20:15:43 by entwood »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18 September 2011, 21:15:12 »

Did I mention how much I utterly detested the Michelins I had on TBE?  I think I'd rather have gayboy's Falkens - at least you know you will die, with the Michelins its the not knowing that kept my heart beating hard...
Grumpy old man

noel

• Omega Knight
  • frome somerset
  • i feel the need for speed
    • 02 omega 2.6 v6 cdx auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18 September 2011, 21:17:46 »

got speedwells on my 2.6 little bit of road noise but good grip levels i find. ;)
oh well that's another day done
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.