Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "There's never a Copper round when you want one..."  (Read 3213 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: "There's never a Copper round when you want one..."
« Reply #15 on: 09 November 2019, 15:13:34 »

Always extra cautious when towing , my rule is check & check again seen some horrendous accidents involving trailers/caravans , problem is some folk have no idea how to load them & even less how to manoeuvre & drive when towing.

the same folk also don't know/care that trailers need occasional maintenance. They're the ones you see with wrecked tyres that have shredded the caravan side, have shed a wheel and flipped while still attached to the car or that have become unhitched. It's even easier to overload a small cheap trailer than a van, and the consequences are worse.

Having to take a test to tow was necessary, but the weight limit was a bad idea: it should have been to tow any trailer.

I have a friend who teaches towing technique for the C&C club some of things he has seen are horrendous caravans with 16 year old tyres on inspection was one & some of the loading of them is beyond stupid. Can't remember the last time I saw any spot checks on caravans by the Police nothing seems to be done now till after an accident.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: "There's never a Copper round when you want one..."
« Reply #16 on: 09 November 2019, 17:24:05 »

Any heavier and you need trailer entitlement on your licence... Although you can tow a heavier trailer provided you don't exceed 3,500 kg max.

Depending on when you passed your test  ;)

I'm around 4 tonne when towing  :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.