Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Caravan out of storage  (Read 11784 times)

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan out of storage
« Reply #45 on: 19 May 2010, 12:05:33 »

We have pulled our van with all our omega's over the past 3 years. started with the 2.5 td estate got about 22mpg with that. Then we used the wife's old dti 2.2 estate and got about 28-29 mpg. last May went to Pembroke with the 3.0 ltr elite estate and got 16 mpg.
Now use the 2.5 td5 Disco and get over 30 mpg. Yesterday a 03 plate 3.2 estate became my next omega I bet that has a nice low mpg on it if i ever put the van on the back. :y :y 

:o did you have your foot on the brake aswell, my van is about 1300 weight and with your old estate i was getting about the 25 mpg mark which i thought was good.

Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19 May 2010, 12:12:09 »

.... :o did you have your foot on the brake aswell, my van is about 1300 weight and with your old estate i was getting about the 25 mpg mark which i thought was good.

Perhaps the caravan's handbrake was left on!  ;D  ;D  ;D

I struggled to reverse my caravan on my street. I couldn't work out why I was starting to spin wheels but not going backwards  :-? then I remembered to disengage the mover from the caravan's wheels  ::)  ::)  ::)

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19 May 2010, 12:21:36 »

Its good to see the caravan pics.
I keep my caravan in storage on site in Dorset so do not have to tow. I have just upgraded to an Elddis Crusader Superstorm (twin wheelbase) and wondered if, in an emergency I had to tow it, would my Omega handle it. Looking at some of your piccys, it seems it probably would, but I believe the Elddis is a very heavy van.
I don't understand all these kerbweight things they chuck at you.  :-? :-? :-? :-?

I was told by somerset caravans  that with the omega which is one of the best cars to tow larger vans i could have a twin axle up to 1550kg and 150kg of gear in the van and i would just be in on weight. I'm looking for an abbey spectrum 540 twin which is about 1480 and most twin's after about 2000/2001 come in under 1500 apart from avondale and hobby and a couple of others but abbey, ace, swift, lunar and eddis are all fine to be towed by an omega :y
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 19 May 2010, 13:52:16 »

We have a swift and it's around 1430kg and the brake was not on just my right foot and a lot of hills ;D ;D

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 19 May 2010, 13:57:07 »

.... :o did you have your foot on the brake aswell, my van is about 1300 weight and with your old estate i was getting about the 25 mpg mark which i thought was good.

I struggled to reverse my caravan on my street. I couldn't work out why I was starting to spin wheels but not going backwards  :-? then I remembered to disengage the mover from the caravan's wheels  ::)  ::)  ::)
[/highlight]

I've done this also :-[ and you get out of the car and have a quick look to make sure that your not being watched :D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 19 May 2010, 14:04:47 »

[/highlight]

I've done this also :-[ and you get out of the car and have a quick look to make sure that your not being watched :D

If I was going to buy another mover (this was already fitted to the 'van when we bought it) I think I'd go for an electrically engaged mover, they also disengage when you plug into the car  :y

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 19 May 2010, 14:26:30 »

Mine was also on the van when we got it but if the new van when we find the right one does not have one then i like the sound of these auto ones :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 19 May 2010, 21:00:24 »

What an interesting thread - with great pics as well 8-) 8-) :y

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 20 May 2010, 12:58:14 »

We also have a mover on but had it fitted when we got the swift 530. Yes i can put my hand up to the fact i forgot to take it off, who needs a hand brake when you have a mover. Is any one looking :-[

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 20 May 2010, 13:56:05 »

Joff, you can see your old estate on page 2  :y

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 20 May 2010, 14:23:29 »

hey that looks good vxl v6 :y love that colour!!!!
assume it had no problem puling the van? and still returned reasonable economy? :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 20 May 2010, 14:24:30 »

.... Yes i can put my hand up to the fact i forgot to take it off, who needs a hand brake when you have a mover. Is any one looking :-[

You'd have thought I'd have learned the first time I did it!  ::) It's always the case that nobody drives up the sreet for hours untill you're blocking it with the caravan. In the rush to move I did actually pull the 'van with the mover engaged  :-? Talk about NOISEY!  ::) 2nd time I tried to reverse back up the street a little to get closer to the kerb. It took a minute to work out why 200bhp couldn't push the 'van back a couple of feet without spinning wheels  ::)  ::)  ;)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 20 May 2010, 20:45:47 »

hey that looks good vxl v6 :y love that colour!!!!
assume it had no problem puling the van? and still returned reasonable economy? :y

No problem at all Omegatoy, effortless in fact..... even crossing Bodmin!

Used slightly over half a tank on the 260 mile journey.  :)

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 20 May 2010, 21:34:52 »

Took the van up to Knaresborough a couple of weeks ago.

Got around 23mpg on the journey up there, it was very windy.

Around 28mpg on the return journey :y wind behind us I think.

It was a lovely weekend, but cold in the evening.

Mick ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 20 May 2010, 21:47:04 »

Took the van up to Knaresborough a couple of weeks ago.

This site ..... http://www.biltonpark.co.uk/camping-caravan-site.html is down the road from Knaresbourgh. WE've spent the first weekend of the last few Decembers there.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.