Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FYS  (Read 15526 times)

fife_omega_v6

• View Profile
Re: FYS
« Reply #45 on: 29 December 2008, 10:33:52 »

ai606 :y :y :y :y :y
thats the very one ,i was just away looking and i paid 299 for it fitted and that included the removal of all the exsiting factory stuff.very good pieace off kit.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2008, 10:35:07 by fife_omegav6 »
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/fife_omega_v6/IMAGE_00054-1.jpg[/IMG][img name=signat_img_resize]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/fife_omega_v6/IMAGE_00059-1.jpg[/IMG]

fife_omega_v6

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 29 December 2008, 10:42:30 »

have a wee peek at this martin, they are selling all the extras individualy so you can get exactly the system you want. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290281132966
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/fife_omega_v6/IMAGE_00054-1.jpg[/IMG][img name=signat_img_resize]http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/fife_omega_v6/IMAGE_00059-1.jpg[/IMG]

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 18 January 2009, 15:16:15 »

glad to see you got you miggy back martin!
concernes me a bit because something similar could happen to mine... if the engine hadnt eaten its self lol! might look into getting the standard alarm put on it as i found it a very noisey and annoying sound on the 2.6 i had which had a broken unlock button on the key till recently!
V8!!!!

FYS

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 18 January 2009, 17:35:22 »

Yep, got it back!

Since it returned just before Chrimbo I have made a few changes to make sure it does not get nicked again. I have got a new ignition barrel and key and have had that fitted and the keys and transponders erased from the ECU and then reprogrammed (this was done on Tech2 by a very, very reliable workshop). I am also fitting a rear door handle to the front door so it will be de-locked. (Please don't replay saying 'what if you have a flat battery or un-paired key'...  i'll risk it, thanks).

Gave the car a good clean on Friday and it now feels like mine again. Fitted new number plates, as the Police kept the false ones, even though mine we're still attached to them...  It has got a few odd marks on it that wern't there before, but nothing significant.

I lost the plot this week and went on an Omega spending spree......  I've bought a set of facelift MV6 wheels/tyres, an MV6 front bumper and full heated MV6 sports leather trim!! (Thanks to DaveMarshall and V6 Venom!)

I must be mad.....  oh well, it will make for a nicer car, I guess.

I drove the car down to pick up the seats yesterday - first time i've driven it any distance in 2 months! - and thought I should really have spent some money on brakes and lower wishbones - that'll have to be next month then!

Al's place (V6 Venom) is about 70 miles from me and I drove down in convoy with my pal (Robbie31) in the other ex-Police Omega we have - on the basis that it would be easier and less risk of damage to transport the leather seats in two cars, rather than squash it into one....  Oh, what fun we had - two Omegas in convoy, at speed, xenons ablaze!

Will post some progress pictures when I get a mo.

Cheers,

Martin.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2009, 17:37:47 by tallchap »

FYS

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 18 January 2009, 17:54:39 »

This is my car when it was 'in service';

Also, saw my car on Skyone's Road Wars the other night, will try and get a screen shot.

Cheers,

Martin.

« Last Edit: 18 January 2009, 17:55:30 by tallchap »

ngrainqey

• Omega Baron
  • rotherham
    • BMW E92, 2.6 CD F/L Est.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 18 January 2009, 18:41:36 »

you should defo try and get a screen shot :P
V8!!!!

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 24 January 2009, 16:44:05 »

Very nice car, glad you got it back in one piece :D
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

FYS

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23 September 2010, 22:51:28 »

Hi, not posted for a while....

On my way out a couple of nights ago a local taxi driver travelling towards me across the village green pulled directly across my path into a side road. Even at low speed I could not avoid him on a full ABS stop and he wiped his VW Sharran across the front of my car - bloody idiot! 

The Police turned up as when I asked the driver for proof of insurance he gave me a letter from his Broker entitled 'Notification of Cancellation' - so I called the Feds down to check it out.

Anyway, it turns out he is insured, so all good. The Police Officer asked him what he thought he was doing and the guy said he didn't know how it happened and when the copper asked him again why he pulled across my path when he didn't have the right of way he said, and I quote, "Sorry, I wasn't concentrating..."

The wheels are in motion via my Insurer and the car will go to be estimated at a local repairers tomorrow. I've been offered a credit hire car like-for-like, whatever that means.... by my Insurer, but I am waiting for them to confirm that his Insurer have accepted responsibility before I accept.

I fear the Mighty ol'Omega might be written-off..... again.

We'll see....

It is doubly frustrating as the car had only just had a tidy up at a body shop and the front & rear bumpers & mirror covers were painted, plus the n/s rear quarter was repaired where rusty and painted and the wheels were refurbed. The whole car was mopped and looked mint. Luckily it was a favour through one of my suppliers at work, so financially it doesn't worry me, but annoying nonetheless.

But, I think it will be written off as a replacement headlamp is £600 from Vauxhall and it needs a bumper, wing and bonnet, plus the front of the inner wing needs straightening, so labour and paint won't be inconsiderable either....

When it was stolen from my drive nearly two years ago (an recovered, luckily) my Insurance Co were about to pay out £2k.... I bought the car two and a half years ago for £1540...

Clearly I can repair it far, far cheaper with second hand parts, which are freely available, so I'll see which way it goes and am lickely to buy it back off the other insurer if they write it off.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

FYS
« Last Edit: 23 September 2010, 22:51:56 by tallchap »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 23 September 2010, 23:04:29 »

Sad sight, hopefull it'll soon be looking good again  :y

FYS

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 23 September 2010, 23:08:14 »

Sad sight, hopefull it'll soon be looking good again  :y

Hopefully!

ta,

FYS.

DodgeyDave

• Northumberland & London
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 23 September 2010, 23:12:40 »

Very unlucky mate. Maybe this car's just not meant to be.

FYS

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 23 September 2010, 23:16:44 »

Had a lot of fun the the car during the last year too;

Drifting at Sparkford - Haynes Motor Museum Track;

Also made some retro stripes for a mates car - they are magnetic;

Two of the three ex-Plod cars made it on a trip to Scotland last year - my mates car with it's mag stipes (only for stationary photo) - I took my Golf 16v instead;

Another drfit day;

New tyres required after attending a drift day at Finmere, nr Silverstone - great fun!

We also used my car and a mates on a trackday in aid of Help for Heroes at Bovingdon Tank Test Track - they were deployed as Course Cars;

I love this picture with the front wheels off the ground;

All good fun!

FYS.

« Last Edit: 23 September 2010, 23:25:26 by tallchap »

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 23 September 2010, 23:37:21 »

Dont let it get written off - do a deal with the insurance co to take a cheque for the amount they will insure it up to and then go and get 2nd hand parts fitted at an indep.

I did this when my old Saab 9000 got hit by an oik in a fiesta. Took the wingmirror off and the wheel arch trim. With the paint a decent bodyshop wanted nudging 2k and the insurance would only value it at 1k, so I took a cheque and fixed it for £40 for the mirror and just pulled the arch out by hand!!
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps

FYS

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 23 September 2010, 23:42:18 »

Dont let it get written off - do a deal with the insurance co to take a cheque for the amount they will insure it up to and then go and get 2nd hand parts fitted at an indep.

I did this when my old Saab 9000 got hit by an oik in a fiesta. Took the wingmirror off and the wheel arch trim. With the paint a decent bodyshop wanted nudging 2k and the insurance would only value it at 1k, so I took a cheque and fixed it for £40 for the mirror and just pulled the arch out by hand!!

Yep, I had that in mind. Have already contacted a local guy who deals only in Omega spares, with a list of what I need.

I can sort the panel replacement and there is a guy on the farm where I share a workshop with some mates who does some spraying, so should be a cheap repair.

But, you gotta go through the motions, especially as I am claiming off the Taxi drivers insurance!

Cheers,

Martin.

« Last Edit: 23 September 2010, 23:42:57 by tallchap »

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 23 September 2010, 23:54:54 »

Absolutely loving the jam sandwich stripes!
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.