Author Topic: HERMES  (Read 2393 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
HERMES
« on: 12 June 2019, 21:04:08 »

I ordered three HDMI cables from Amazon, which I usually use with no problems whatsoever, and that I can say after ordering from them since 2008.

Yesterday I waited in all day as the Amazon Tracking informed me the order was out for delivery by...HERMES.  I kept myself busy, but by 1930 hours there was no sign of the delivery. Checked the order Tracking and it stated HERMES was "sorry" but the order would not be delivered "today; it should be delivered between the 12th (today) and the 21st of June!!!!

I was not happy and got in touch with Amazon's Customer Services Department, via an initial system email asking them to contact me by telephone. To be fair the call back was instant, and I ended up talking to a very helpful, professional and well trained Customer Care operative. Let rip about the awful service from their contracted courier, HERMES, infamous for failing in NOT delivering parcels. She immediately agreed to give me a refund of the delivery charges and £5 discount on any future orders from Amazon, whilst communicating my complaint to another team to deal with HERMES.

This morning I checked with the Amazon site on any latest news about the delivery. Tracking stated that the item had been "Delivered" at 8:13pM on Tueday!!!

I blew my top, recovered, and went into professional mode and another conversation with Amazon.  From stating the fact that the Tracking info had gone from "it won't be delivered until to between the 12th-21st" to "delivered", when it had not and in fact at that claimed time I had been talking to their colleague about the problems, all recorded. I gave some experienced retailers advice on the monsters HERMES are, how they have a very bad online and media reputation doing what they have done to me, and how the Amazon business would lose customers, such as me, by using such a company who lies and fails to give the retailers customers excellent Customer Care. I stated I can go anywhere locally, to all the national major retailers, and purchase what Amazon, by default, have failed to deliver, but HERMES do not worry themselves about that! I requested that the order be cancelled, all monies be refunded, and stated I would not use Amazon again. At this the operative responded in the same professional way as before and did what I asked, but also agreed to arrange a £10 discount on any future orders if I gave Amazon another chance.

After that call the previous Customer Care, highly professional lady operative phoned me and asked what had happened; had the order been delivered as suggested by HERMES. I then gave her full professional advice on what should be fed back to her managers about THAT company and their appalling record. I repeated that courier could destroy any retail business if their contract was not terminated. She admitted I was far from being "not the first to complain about that company, and she would make a special effort to give my feedback to the management. I have also stipulated that I would not place an order if HERMES is the courier, a note of which has been placed on my account.

How that company keep going I shall not know, but, if, just if, my communications with Amazon help to terminate their contract with that company and stop others going through all the hassle, then that will be great!

In the meantime I have purchased my HDMI leads from B&Q, and also have a £15 discount for my next purchase with Amazon.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I needed to let as many know as possible, who do not know already, how they should avoid using that courier ;)

« Last Edit: 12 June 2019, 21:08:44 by Lizzie Zoom »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: HERMES
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2019, 21:16:25 »

While TB is away, all couriers have been told NOT to deliver to you instead Lizzie  ;D

all my ebay tat turns up on time or before due, even hermes

I think local delivery is farmed out to local self employed drivers

my local Hermes deliverer is Dave   ;D  lovely chap , only has 1 arm ,but always cheery and helpful .

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2019, 21:33:05 »

Aaaaaaand breathe .....  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2019, 21:36:27 »

While TB is away, all couriers have been told NOT to deliver to you instead Lizzie  ;D

all my ebay tat turns up on time or before due, even hermes

I think local delivery is farmed out to local self employed drivers

my local Hermes deliverer is Dave   ;D  lovely chap , only has 1 arm ,but always cheery and helpful .

You are lucky Dave! 8)

I have seen my Hermes driver just last week when goods were actually delivered, and he was as miserable as they come! 

Now my local Yodel, DPD, Royal Mail deliver men and women are great, being of a pleasant attitude and seemingly understanding at least good, if not excellent Customer Care. ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2019, 21:37:13 »

Aaaaaaand breathe .....  ::)  ;D

Oh yes, I do feel much better now Sir Tigger! ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2019, 21:44:47 »

Why do you keep ordering HDMI cables?  ???

Do they wear out?  :-\

Does the dog chew them?  ::)

Do you chew them?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2019, 22:02:59 »

Why do you keep ordering HDMI cables?  ???

Do they wear out?  :-\

Does the dog chew them?  ::)

Do you chew them?  ;D

I have used them for various installations around my home and others, but on this occasion I am overhauling all the electrics and electronic cables in the front room that are in, what I call, a 'power wall'. The previous set of HDMI's for the television, DVD player and PlayStation, embedded in the wall, were beginning to look tired with connections that have had better days. So, with a policy anyway of replacing /upgrading on about a 5 year schedule, I am now replacing the cables and then re-embedding into the wall. I am also allowing for any upgrade I may decide for my desktop PC.

Now I have upgraded to 4K standard as my appliances are at that level, and although some (on here especially!! ::) ::) ;D) would argue that an HDMI cable is no different from a 4K version, I just want to know that I have the best cables so there are no questions about them for the addition  of any future, more technically advanced, appliances I may buy over the next 5 years.
« Last Edit: 12 June 2019, 22:05:10 by Lizzie Zoom »

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2019, 22:09:59 »

At your age, girl, you'll be wearing appliances in five years.  ;D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2019, 22:12:12 »

Interesting ... I find HERMES to be excellent... but won't touch any company that advertises that they use YODEL as a delivery service .. simply due to past ineptitude..  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2019, 22:16:44 »

I thought this was going to a thread on an air craft carrier .....  ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 June 2019, 22:35:10 »

At your age, girl, you'll be wearing appliances in five years.  ;D

;D ;D ;D :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 June 2019, 22:35:48 »

I thought this was going to a thread on an air craft carrier .....  ::)

Now that is a blast from the past :D :D :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 June 2019, 10:43:16 »

Hermes use local delivery agents.  And our lady is fantastic.  To the point, if Hermes is an option, we use it.

Oddly, one of the couriers I have the most issues with is "Amazon Logistics", which Amazon use almost exclusively IME, but again just local delivery agents.  They always seem to delivery quite late into the evening, and I suspect if they don't get around to delivering before 9pm, they seem to just mark it as delivery, and you have to go through that whole hassle of speaking to the idiots from Manila who are Amazon's Customer (dis)service.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 June 2019, 10:49:47 »

Hermes use local delivery agents.  And our lady is fantastic.  To the point, if Hermes is an option, we use it.

Oddly, one of the couriers I have the most issues with is "Amazon Logistics", which Amazon use almost exclusively IME, but again just local delivery agents.  They always seem to delivery quite late into the evening, and I suspect if they don't get around to delivering before 9pm, they seem to just mark it as delivery, and you have to go through that whole hassle of speaking to the idiots from Manila who are Amazon's Customer (dis)service.

Funnily enough they have delivered most of my Amazon orders and I have found their local agents great.  Just wish the latest order had been (actually) delivered by them, but recently Hermes did deliver two other items without fuss, although the guy never said hello or thank you, just grunting like one fat ape that he was!  I feel sure his attitude to the job caused the most recent difficulties >:(

A company though is only ever as good as it's weakest link!  Hermes, from what I have seen have many of those and in this new age of retailing by online means they MUST be terminated. ;)
« Last Edit: 13 June 2019, 10:51:50 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 June 2019, 10:50:23 »

Yodel. :-\

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 June 2019, 10:53:11 »

Yodel. :-\

They are excellent, with the local agents all very efficient and with good Customer Care skills. For me I rate them second behind the best in their field, DPD 8) ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #16 on: 13 June 2019, 15:45:37 »

Same here - our local agent (John) is great; can tell when we're home by what cars are on the drive, usually, and depending on what is in the parcel either leaves it somewhere safe or with a neighbour if we're out..

..either that or maybe he's casing the joint and now knows when we're in and when we're out ;D ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 June 2019, 17:24:17 »

Same here - our local agent (John) is great; can tell when we're home by what cars are on the drive, usually, and depending on what is in the parcel either leaves it somewhere safe or with a neighbour if we're out..

..either that or maybe he's casing the joint and now knows when we're in and when we're out ;D ;D

.. he's just waiting patiently for all those Cobra parts to assemble themselves. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 June 2019, 12:46:29 »

.. he's just waiting patiently for all those Cobra parts to assemble themselves. ::)
He must be very patient... :P
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.