Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Twitter.  (Read 1323 times)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Twitter.
« Reply #15 on: 13 January 2011, 15:33:37 »

Mine would be a pretty boring blog.

10:30 woke up  :-/
10:36 had shower - didnt wash hair today
10:54 cooked breaky - 2 toasted sarni's, bacon egg, black pudding and mushrooms
11:02 washed pots and left them to drip dry. :-X
11:03 checked out OOF - still looking for a late model Elite with all toys and low Miles. :-/
11:17 usuall rounds on net ro check bank, mail, other forums.
11:30 caught up on a bit of TV
13:30 postie arrived with 2 nice parcels, so pretty chuffed with that as they were ordered yesterday. ;)
13:35 phoned girlfriend to tell I had a surprise for her that had just arrived in post. ::)
14:07 GF arrived and put kettle on for a drink and hesitated about opening the parcel, but carried on quizzing me anyway till we had drunk our coffee.
14:23 she nipped into bathroom to get changed and reapeared with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses. [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=dankk2.gif]
14:30  Hi Guys, this is G, Skruntie's girlfriend, he may be a while - back soon.  :o :o
16:45 need more wine - and the squirty cream  :P
19:03 more wine please and cant find the bloody takeaway menu.  :-/
21:23 still cant fine the menus, and tun out of wine now, so vodka a coke it is, back shortly. :-X
22:45 Happy Birthday Bob Dent [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=birthdays.gif] :y
22:53 Just had a call from the bathroom she wants her back scrubbing.  [smiley=bath.gif] ::)
2:14 Nothing much happening on the OOF, Good Night all.

Did you remember the batteries?  ::) [smiley=evil.gif] ;D
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

aaronjb

« Reply #16 on: 13 January 2011, 15:45:36 »

22:53 Just had a call from the bathroom she wants her back scrubbing.  [smiley=bath.gif] ::)
2:14 Nothing much happening on the OOF, Good Night all.

Now you're just showing off....

Debs.

« Reply #17 on: 13 January 2011, 15:55:21 »

Permit a declension:

'He tweets'.....'She Tweets'.....'They tweet'. ;)

.....they`re twits! ;D

Nickbat

« Reply #18 on: 13 January 2011, 16:02:50 »

Despite their cash-strapped position, Manchester City Council were recently (October) advertising for a Twitter & Facebook csar and offering a $38k salary.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1322953/Manchester-City-Council-hires-Facebook-Twitter-manager-axes-900-jobs.html

As mad as hatters.  ::) ::) ::)

albitz

« Reply #19 on: 13 January 2011, 16:20:45 »

I thought it was called idiotter. :D ::) :)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 January 2011, 17:45:14 »

Can anyone explain to me this, apparently, universal desire to publish every detail about oneself for the rest of to world to view, eg Facebook, twitter, Myspace etc? I guess it's an age thing, but I am almost paranoid in not disseminating info about myself, and get antsy when people forward e-mails leaving all the addresses on.

This behaviour has to be one of the most puzzling things about the ever widening internet phenomenon. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-? :y

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 January 2011, 18:25:23 »

Can anyone explain to me this, apparently, universal desire to publish every detail about oneself for the rest of to world to view, eg Facebook, twitter, Myspace etc? I guess it's an age thing, but I am almost paranoid in not disseminating info about myself, and get antsy when people forward e-mails leaving all the addresses on.

This behaviour has to be one of the most puzzling things about the ever widening internet phenomenon. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-? :y

You express some very pertinent points Shack. :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #22 on: 13 January 2011, 18:44:30 »

I believe it is all part of human nature to feel that you 'belong'.  I certainly do not enjoy either the Facebook or Twitter experience, but I am no youngster!! :'( :'(  The young though do want to network, gain friends, and feel they are part of this world, a world that many a time wants to isolate individuals, ironically, by the spread of technology that keeps many in bedrooms, front rooms, or Uni accommodation! 

We as humans, well at least females, want to be in social groups talking about mutual interests, like boys, clothes, and each other.  Of course, as you rightly mention, the danger is that too much info is released in their keenness to 'spread' themselves favourably, coupled with immaturity of youth. ;) ;)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 January 2011, 18:51:09 »

I believe it is all part of human nature to feel that you 'belong'.  I certainly do not enjoy either the Facebook or Twitter experience, but I am no youngster!! :'( :'(  The young though do want to network, gain friends, and feel they are part of this world, a world that many a time wants to isolate individuals, ironically, by the spread of technology that keeps many in bedrooms, front rooms, or Uni accommodation! 

We as humans, well at least females, want to be in social groups talking about mutual interests, like boys, clothes, and each other.  Of course, as you rightly mention, the danger is that too much info is released in their keenness to 'spread' themselves favourably, coupled with immaturity of youth. ;) ;)

I have a, very, high powered offspring in the City, no spring chicken, who uses FB and T!!! :-? :-? :-? :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #24 on: 13 January 2011, 18:54:50 »

I have a, very, high powered offspring in the City, no spring chicken, who uses FB and T!!! :-? :-? :-? :y

Oh dear, poor soul S !! :P :P

It is probably one way they maintain their 'young image' in the City that is obsessed by youth=success! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

Banjax

• Omega Lord
  • Perth
  • We're just a virus with shoes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 January 2011, 19:00:02 »

trouble is things like facebook, folk post pics of themselves out on the p1$$/having a laugh/mucking about/etc and later potential employers are looking up their fb page and going - i'm not employing this alky...it seems people dont grasp that anyone and everyone can see it  :o
50 bucks!?! For 50 bucks I'd put my face in their soup and blow!!

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 January 2011, 19:06:59 »

It is probably one way they maintain their 'young image' in the City that is obsessed by youth=success! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

We can cope, we get lots of generous outings and breaks, so all my investment is paying off. ::) ::) ::)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #27 on: 13 January 2011, 19:35:19 »

We can cope, we get lots of generous outings and breaks, so all my investment is paying off. ::) ::) ::)

That's good S! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

aaronjb

« Reply #28 on: 13 January 2011, 20:42:12 »

trouble is things like facebook, folk post pics of themselves out on the p1$$/having a laugh/mucking about/etc and later potential employers are looking up their fb page and going - i'm not employing this alky...it seems people dont grasp that anyone and everyone can see it  :o

No, they can't - unless you're truly an idiot and have your profile set as such and/or accept random people you don't know into your group and grant them access, or you publish the direct URL to incriminating photos elsewhere (At least on Facebook, on Twitter everything is public, but then people don't tend to use that for the same things)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.