Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Owners Forum Relay  (Read 2178 times)

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
Omega Owners Forum Relay
« on: 22 June 2007, 09:41:22 »

Re my other post...ive got to make a cross border raid tomorrow to pick up SWMBO`s new Omega.

Flying down from Glasgow to Bournemouth then driving all the way back up instantly.

Jst wondering if any one needs any parts shuttled up the country - happy to make a detour to colect and drop off if it helps anyone and its roughly on my route....p

Also what services should i avoid and which ones are okay for stops? Predominatly on the M6

:y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Owners Forum Relay
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2007, 09:50:29 »

Re my other post...ive got to make a cross border raid tomorrow to pick up SWMBO`s new Omega.

Flying down from Glasgow to Bournemouth then driving all the way back up instantly.

Jst wondering if any one needs any parts shuttled up the country - happy to make a detour to colect and drop off if it helps anyone and its roughly on my route....p

Also what services should i avoid and which ones are okay for stops? Predominatly on the M6

:y

Thats worse than my epic of Chester to Yeovil!

As for services to avoid....all of em!  The one I hate the most is Charnock Richard, in Lancashire, around Camelot signs, just before Preston.  Won worst services award as few times.
Highly recommended is Tebay, North lakes, about 10 miles before the Penrith / Keswick turn off.
The one near Stoke is OK

Its only really around this area I know, don't go South very often

Good luck with the trip!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2007, 10:00:10 »

I wouldn't bother with services. There must be an OOF member about every 20 miles on the way up and I'd wager every one of them would happily stick the kettle on for you  :y

So, I'll set the ball rolling. If you're passing Alton, Hampshire and you fancy a cuppa...

Have a good journey.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Martin_1962

« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2007, 10:05:06 »

Are you doing M5 M6 or M40 M42 M6?

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2007, 10:08:21 »

Im a bit far off the m6 to offer a cuppa, but have you thought about a diversion through brackley to get it on tech2 and get everything done on route?

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2007, 10:31:21 »

Im about 5 miles from junction 18 or 19 of the M6 so PM for my number and I can (well the wife can) always make you something to eat and drink :y
Retired

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2007, 10:39:13 »

I usually keep stops to a minumum and get the boot down where possible to mimimise the time on the road -- even with an interesting car motorways are still boring as hell! I picked up my BMW from just outside Stansted, and the Impreza WRX STi I had before that from Stevenage In the latter case my dad and myself got a one-way hire car and drove down and back the same day -- couldn't get a flight or train ticket cos it was a bank holiday weekend!

What did you get BTW?

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2007, 10:42:58 »

The worst journey I have done was a couple of months ago Northwich to Uig on the Isle of Skye. I set off at 11pm and drove none stop for 9 hours in a Rover 25 wiesel. I was walking around for a week with my knuckles scraping on the floor after that. Never again :o
Retired

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2007, 10:44:54 »

I was walking around for a week with my knuckles scraping on the floor after that. Never again :o

And noone noticed the difference!  ;D

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 June 2007, 10:46:29 »

Sorry Markie, can't make you a cup of tea tomorrow as i am doing the same thing, I've bought another one so im off on a little journey south to pick it up. I f you see a silver CDX on the back of a trailer being towed by a Mitsi Animal, make sure you wave coz its me. M1, M6 ;)

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 June 2007, 10:59:29 »

What did you get BTW?

Just read the other thread.... I assume it's the green CDX. :)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 June 2007, 11:10:37 »

I was walking around for a week with my knuckles scraping on the floor after that. Never again :o

And noone noticed the difference!  ;D

I blended in quite well on the North Uist ::)
Retired

Big Rod

• Fife, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 June 2007, 11:26:18 »

As for services to avoid....all of em!  The one I hate the most is Charnock Richard, in Lancashire, around Camelot signs, just before Preston.  Won worst services award as few times.
Highly recommended is Tebay, North lakes, about 10 miles before the Penrith / Keswick turn off.
The one near Stoke is OK

Its only really around this area I know, don't go South very often

Good luck with the trip!

From one who uses them regularly, (due to my frequent trips darn sarf and my propensity for choosing the larger of the engines in the range!), I can say that they are all pretty much of a muchness, but Charnock Richard should be avoided.

If you want to break your journey up, I'd go for Keele, (just north of J15), and Tebay in Cumbria. The benefit of the latter is that you won't get busted by the Scamera as you'd be slowing for the services anyway. I also frequent Killington Lake and Abington from time to time too.
If I have to explain you won't understand!

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 June 2007, 11:39:34 »

Shame you wasnt driving down and flying back, you could have called in to Gretna and got me a bag of chips.. ;D ;D
Is the world ready for me..

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #14 on: 22 June 2007, 12:24:40 »

Thanks for all the offers guys thats really really appreciated - typical of OOF  :y

Will look up my route tonight - its all happened soo quick - i havent had a chance.

I think predominatly i am M6 most of the way back up north - so may take one or two of you up on that cuppa ( depending on how late it is when i set off)

Thanks again all - and offer still stands if anyone needs an exhaust etc couriered to another member.

Oh and Gill ( swmbo) bought this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-VAUXHALL-OMEGA-CDX-V6-AUTO-GREEN_W0QQitemZ160128475914QQihZ006QQcategoryZ9858QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cambelt / tensioners etc all done very recent and documented / reciepted. Near full year mot and tax and FSH.

« Last Edit: 22 June 2007, 12:25:52 by Markiec »
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.