Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SP30  (Read 6440 times)

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
SP30
« on: 18 June 2007, 14:10:21 »

Yep, got one yesterday  :( driving home from my girlfriends after spending our first weekend together  :) guess my mind was elsewhere  ::)
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
Re: SP30
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2007, 14:42:25 »

Yep, got one yesterday  :( driving home from my girlfriends after spending our first weekend together  :) guess my mind was elsewhere   ::)

Do Tell  ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2007, 14:45:00 »

I'm waiting for one in the post  >:( Driving through a confused mixture of 30,40 & 50 mph urban dual carriageways. Drive past a smart sign that usually illuminates at sub-30, in a 30MPH limit. It doesn't light up. "Strange", I think. Look down at speedo and see 36-38 MPH oops!. Look ahead, Talivan hiding under a tree.  >:(

Went back along the same road later on, when Talivan had gone. Smart warning sign now illuminating at indicated 30 MPH  >:(

Fair enough, I was speeding and I'm not trying to wriggle out of it, but if I do get an NIP I will be asking what road safety benefit there is in disabling smart signs, or whether they are after all just out to raise revenue.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2007, 14:52:52 »

Yep, got one yesterday  :( driving home from my girlfriends after spending our first weekend together  :) guess my mind was elsewhere   ::)

:-X
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Martin_1962

« Reply #4 on: 18 June 2007, 16:37:39 »

I'm waiting for one in the post  >:( Driving through a confused mixture of 30,40 & 50 mph urban dual carriageways. Drive past a smart sign that usually illuminates at sub-30, in a 30MPH limit. It doesn't light up. "Strange", I think. Look down at speedo and see 36-38 MPH oops!. Look ahead, Talivan hiding under a tree.  >:(

Went back along the same road later on, when Talivan had gone. Smart warning sign now illuminating at indicated 30 MPH  >:(

Fair enough, I was speeding and I'm not trying to wriggle out of it, but if I do get an NIP I will be asking what road safety benefit there is in disabling smart signs, or whether they are after all just out to raise revenue.

Kevin

The speedos over read so 36 on the speedo is about 33, you MAY get a ticket but I doubt it - mention the faulty reminder sign - but I reckon it interfeared with the talivan ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2007, 17:40:03 »

you MAY get a ticket but I doubt it

Yeah, it's probably right on the borderline at that sort of speed. Just trying to remember if my speed was "stable at" 36-38 or "descending through" at the time  :-/

mention the faulty reminder sign - but I reckon it interfeared with the talivan Roll Eyes

Well, I'll be asking how a (probably) doppler radar detector in the sign interfered with a (probably) laser detector in the talivan in that case! One has wavelength in centimetres, the other in nanometres!

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 June 2007, 18:17:45 »

Kevin

We have one of those signs around our way, i complained that it didn't work all the time, was told that it was programmed to only come on at certain times when the traffic is at its busiest  :o
Couldnt see the logic myself, why not have the bleeding thing on all the time!!

Martin_1962

« Reply #7 on: 18 June 2007, 18:47:08 »

you MAY get a ticket but I doubt it

Yeah, it's probably right on the borderline at that sort of speed. Just trying to remember if my speed was "stable at" 36-38 or "descending through" at the time  :-/

mention the faulty reminder sign - but I reckon it interfeared with the talivan Roll Eyes

Well, I'll be asking how a (probably) doppler radar detector in the sign interfered with a (probably) laser detector in the talivan in that case! One has wavelength in centimetres, the other in nanometres!

Kevin

LTI-20-20 are not speed measuring kit but range finding kit so look up details and defend it.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 June 2007, 21:17:24 »

Yeah, it's probably right on the borderline at that sort of speed. Just trying to remember if my speed was "stable at" 36-38 or "descending through" at the time  :-/  .......

There's also the possiblity of being 'invited' on a speed awareness course!  ::)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 June 2007, 21:24:36 »

A well known bearded officer also posts at this site http://www.pepipoo.com/

May be worth a look  :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 June 2007, 21:27:46 »

The last SP30 I got was when I was 17 and tried to race a car at night in my 1.2 Astra.  I couldn't shift it though and eventually the moonlight gave the light bar away - just before it lit up the sky.

Turned out to be a Cav SRI and two cars later I got one.  When Police switched to Omega's so did I.

Out local persuit car is an Evo8  ::)
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 June 2007, 21:37:52 »

probably in the gutter.....
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #12 on: 18 June 2007, 21:42:38 »

Those are prime talivan locations, I scared a talivan once on the A30 in Devon, it was half on verge and partly in lane 1, VERY DANGEROUSLY PARKED. I was in lane one and caravans are wider than cars, I was being passed I missed the talivan by mere inches. I saw lorries in front doing the same!!!!

Traffic cops know what they are doing, but speed camera operators I think there is something wrong with a lot of them, I have seen the Worcester one speeding as well!

Couple of years ago I was stopped by the Police just to be warned that there was going to be a speed trap in a particular village, they were stopping a few regulars (as noted by residents to let them know!) I chatted for a while, mentioned what I thought was the best location for doing them, and also mentioned full acceleration from a 2.0 executive will sound faster than it is going up hil out of the village they stoped me near.

Seem them a few times, had a word about lack of lights on cars, they told me they were stopping them, last time they were at my danger spot as I wizzed past at about 25mph.

At work they were joking about my speeding (speed trap in work village) then Mr 45mph everywhere commented that I was carefull in villages and would be unlikely to be done, even though I go quite a bit over on very good visibility roads, but not too fast to stop. Mr 45 thought it was double standards moaning about his driving when I speed myself (where you see white circle and black diagonal)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 June 2007, 22:20:12 »

A well known bearded officer also posts at this site http://www.pepipoo.com/

May be worth a look  :y

::)

megaomega123

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 June 2007, 01:08:43 »

I'm in court on Wednesday 10am for a 96mph in a 70. Going to attempt a not guilty ;)
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.