Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SP30  (Read 6441 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: SP30
« Reply #15 on: 19 June 2007, 09:39:34 »

There's also the possiblity of being 'invited' on a speed awareness course!

Oh, boy! would I love that opportunity. Now, would I arrive in the Westfield or the Omega?  :-/  .. and would I be able to resist the temptation to light up both rears on the way out just to demonstrate how successful the brainwashing has been?

I'm in court on Wednesday 10am for a 96mph in a 70. Going to attempt a not guilty

Well, good luck!

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 June 2007, 10:49:23 »

There's also the possiblity of being 'invited' on a speed awareness course!  ::)
Unfortunately I wasn't offered that option  :-?
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 June 2007, 11:34:39 »

There's also the possiblity of being 'invited' on a speed awareness course!  ::)

Depends which police force and how far over the limit you were. I was zapped at 36/37 (can't remember) in a 30 and the choice was obviously £60 & 3 points or the course that cost £85 but didn't come with the points attached. Someone is making some cash out of that too. Best of it was that I saw the copper's car & dismissed it as a road tax dodgers camera!  :( I was the only bugger on the road.

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 June 2007, 11:43:45 »

Depends which police force and how far over the limit you were. I was zapped at 36/37 (can't remember) in a 30 and the choice was obviously £60 & 3 points or the course that cost £85 but didn't come with the points attached. Someone is making some cash out of that too. Best of it was that I saw the copper's car & dismissed it as a road tax dodgers camera!  :( I was the only bugger on the road.
Apart from the unmarked police car I was the only other car on the road, but was too far over the limit to be offered the course......
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

markrl

• Intermediate Member
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 June 2007, 13:48:15 »

Don't forget that when you get to Court and duly receive your motoring fine they'll add an extra £15 surcharge to "Aid Victims of Domestic Violence"  ;)

Isn't our New Labour government absolutely wonderful  

Thats what I'd call Justice :y
« Last Edit: 19 June 2007, 13:49:13 by markrl »

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 June 2007, 15:13:25 »

Don't forget to notify your insurance company, otherwise you may invalidate your insurance.
I like red cars

Martin_1962

« Reply #21 on: 19 June 2007, 17:02:56 »

Don't forget that when you get to Court and duly receive your motoring fine they'll add an extra £15 surcharge to "Aid Victims of Domestic Violence"  ;)

Isn't our New Labour government absolutely wonderful  

Thats what I'd call Justice :y

Don't pay that bit and let them try - go to papers ect

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 June 2007, 17:07:21 »

i got an SP30 when i first started driving, License is now clear again.

It was a fair cop, I was free rolling in 4th down a steep hill, 36 in a 30. One good thing from getting it taught me to keep it in 3rd when going down hills now...

I also went to a training thing, and spun cars around on a Skid pan, so not all bad!  ;D

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 June 2007, 18:21:18 »

Don't forget to notify your insurance company, otherwise you may invalidate your insurance.

If it is your first set of points then they dont tend to load the insurance premium.

Just about everyone at somepoint has had 3 points and so the insurance companies now see that as the norm unfortunatly

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 June 2007, 19:56:41 »

I was free rolling in 4th down a steep hill
Its not that steep - you must have booted it at the top, as that is either a sharp bend at the top, or a give way...
Grumpy old man

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 June 2007, 20:53:17 »

Yep, got one yesterday  :( driving home from my girlfriends after spending our first weekend together  :) guess my mind was elsewhere  ::)

Mrs. Loo-knee's 85 year old Grandad got an SP30 for doing 34 in a 30..... He was over the moon seriously ;D

Just got him his insurance about two hundred pound cheaper and the SP30 didn't effect it...

Just Don't do it again Bo-Bo, you need to ask Elite Pete for a cd you will never drive fast to that ;D ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 June 2007, 21:08:52 »

i got my sp30  3 years ago 51 through a 40 zone on the a17. the thing is i had driven through that camera every day at 50+ for a year -never saw the reduced 40 sign! i could have had at least 750 points on my licence- i would have pleaded insanity!
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #27 on: 19 June 2007, 21:10:15 »

If it is your first set of points then they dont tend to load the insurance premium.

Just about everyone at somepoint has had 3 points and so the insurance companies now see that as the norm unfortunatly

My insurance comp doesnt bother unless youve got more than 6 points....they reckon 6 is pretty normal and dont load premiums for 6 points....if youve got more, like 9 then they think your a bit careless!

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20 June 2007, 00:16:12 »

Vast majority of insurance companies couldn't give a toss about three points, in my experience of telephoning them on behalf of 'my' customers....

Some bother about 6....

Most can be a problem to insured if 9 or more....

Pays to tell the company as and when you aquired them.  Saves getting zapped for no insurance as well as whatever you are stopped for.  If you didn't tell them, could be classed as a material non disclosure and thus insurance voided from inception...... :'(
« Last Edit: 20 June 2007, 10:00:17 by hotel21 »

markrl

• Intermediate Member
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20 June 2007, 13:13:27 »

I believe the association of British insurers are currently reviewing their policy on this whole issue as there are now so many otherwise perfectly law abiding drivers out there with points on their licence due to the explosion in speed trap sites that it is simply no longer a terribly reliable guide any more to the risk they present. At the end of the day they are in the business to make money and if they are turning away the masses of people with points on their licences they are going loose an awful lot of customers. Here in south east London motor insurance seems to be increasingly something which is merely optional (along with driving on the left side of the road), a situation which exposes the total farce of the governments so called “Safe Roads Policy” Drive through Deptford or New Cross and the whole place is awash with uninsured, unregistered old bangers (many from abroad) being driven by non English speakers. I witnessed one plough into the side of a brand new chauffer driven S Class Mercedes (presumably taking a businessman to his office in the City of London) and it was both tragic and hilarious to watch the chaotic result (provided of course you were not the unfortunate victim). It simply drove off after a lot of shouting and cursing, smoking off into the distance bearing its smirking occupants looking to be thoroughly enjoying their new life in England.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.