Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose audio  (Read 1828 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Bose audio
« on: 27 October 2015, 13:45:33 »

FL '51 3.2 Elite.
When I switch my heated rear screen on, I almost lose the radio signal completely. I have cleaned and refitted the stub aerial, but its still the same, dry or wet weather. :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Bose audio
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2015, 13:51:08 »

Theres a earth point on the Aerial Amp near the screen that may need looking at, also check for damaged elements on the heater itself.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2015, 14:58:44 »

Theres a earth point on the Aerial Amp near the screen that may need looking at, also check for damaged elements on the heater itself.

The windscreen elements look OK, how and where do I access this?

Thanks

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2015, 15:06:27 »

If it's the same with pFL CDX, non-BOSE, then you want the parcel shelf out. Simple enough, head restraints off, seat base out, fold the back seats down, undo the clips etc, then get the sides of the rear seat out (after the base comes out this reveals a screw, then these lift up and out, I believe, it was 8 years ago since I did this last  :y)

Some screws/studs found in the boot, I think too. If its still not coming, just keep looking for that elusive screw/clip. fairly common sense, and only 10 min job to pop it out  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 October 2015, 15:59:36 »

If it's the same with pFL CDX, non-BOSE, then you want the parcel shelf out. Simple enough, head restraints off, seat base out, fold the back seats down, undo the clips etc, then get the sides of the rear seat out (after the base comes out this reveals a screw, then these lift up and out, I believe, it was 8 years ago since I did this last  :y)

Some screws/studs found in the boot, I think too. If its still not coming, just keep looking for that elusive screw/clip. fairly common sense, and only 10 min job to pop it out  :)

Could be a problem as I have the sun blind fitted. Does that affect access? We are not talking about the huge Bose box bolted to the roof of the boot are we?

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 October 2015, 16:02:53 »

Rear blind shouldn't affect getting the parcel shelf out.

Yes, of course, the box you speak of does contain the Bose gear, yes. Not sure if you'd still need the parcel shelf out, then, or if you can drop if from below, so to speak  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 October 2015, 16:47:42 »

Aerial amplifier is on the top of the metal structure of the parcel shelf, so only accessible from above with the trim removed.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 October 2015, 16:53:09 »

Could be a problem as I have the sun blind fitted. Does that affect access? We are not talking about the huge Bose box bolted to the roof of the boot are we?

The blind is a part of the parcel shelf ... they both come out as a single unit. The/some screws holding the parcel shelf go through the black plastic cover of the Bose amp.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 October 2015, 16:54:34 »

Right, commence 'Plan A' Shackeng.

Really not a bad job at all, as you start to peel the various bits of trim away, each new bit becomes self-explanatory, as I recall.

Just don't try and leave the parcel shelf in place undo the front-only screws and bend it up, to try and save time. The access is hopeless/painful and for the want of another couple of mins taking screws out, it's not worth not doing this.  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 October 2015, 16:51:21 »

Thanks all, I think I'll live with it as long as possible, in the no doubt forlorn hope that it will come good on its own. :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.