Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: led conversion issue on transmission gear indicator lights  (Read 1746 times)

Ratboy

• netherlands
    • 99 opel omega caravan
    • View Profile
led conversion issue on transmission gear indicator lights
« on: 14 November 2015, 09:50:11 »

Hello,
I'm currently doing an led upgrade on my omega and have a issue concerning the auto tranny lights.
You have like 2 rows of 7 smd leds. One row is for illumination of the gear letters and the second row is the indication what gear you selected. They all work fine... But when i switch on the lights, the leds from the indicator side stop working.i allready looked at the print and removed all possible flux residue and excess solder. But the issue stays. Anyone here who did this had issues with it. Or does anyone have a pinout from the connector.
Thanks out front.
Ratboy

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
Re: led conversion issue on transmission gear indicator lights
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2015, 22:04:28 »

I'm only guessing, but I would have thought when the headlights are on, it reduces voltage to the selector lights to dim them?
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Ratboy

• netherlands
    • 99 opel omega caravan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2015, 12:29:42 »

Could be but they go out completely.i checked the datasheet and theres only 0.2v difference between the original and the ones i installed and theres no voltage drop between lights o. Or lights off.one onther thing that could be is that the original led were glued to the ciruitboard with 2 tiny drops of glue. An
There are running lanes between them it could be that i sccidently used to much solder on a connection and mighr be making a short there. I think i best redo the entire batch and check after soldering each led. Gonna take me the entire evening as i live on the 6th floor and only have a parkingspot with no garage or outlet near the car.quote author=Broomies Mate link=topic=133377.msg1709765#msg1709765 date=1447625068]
I'm only guessing, but I would have thought when the headlights are on, it reduces voltage to the selector lights to dim them?
[/quote]

martin341

• Finland
  • I do my own stunts.
    • '00 3,0 MV6, '00 2,5 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2015, 16:27:50 »

Hi,

Just did mine a week ago and all working perfect. The originaal led's in mine were soldered not glued. I had few issues on the window swicht turned out one led was wrong way, and on the AC control panel some of them are lit all the time(ignition off) but not in full, otherwise working perfect when lights on.

Martin

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2015, 18:13:31 »

Not happy with blinding everyone else on the road with your searchlight beams, you now want to blind anyone inside the car too.  ;D

martin341

• Finland
  • I do my own stunts.
    • '00 3,0 MV6, '00 2,5 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 November 2015, 18:28:12 »

Not happy with blinding everyone else on the road with your searchlight beams, you now want to blind anyone inside the car too.  ;D
You can always dim them down if too bright or 8) Me happy with result :y

Ratboy

• netherlands
    • 99 opel omega caravan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 November 2015, 12:18:43 »

I'm not sure but i think i might have found the problem.
If you open the box and take out the pcb and look under the black connector from the side you can see that there are a series of components. I dont know what they are because theres no code or so on it. Theres one comming from every pin from the connector except the first and last one but there are two lanes that have a component solderpoint and solder on it but no component and if you turn the print over it happens that there are two leds juston that spot. It might have been that when i desoldered and cleaned the points i might have overheated and they fell of. It would be nice if someone have one by hand and have a look to compare. Btw the ommie got his MOT yesterday and passed with no remarks  8) 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.