Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Jag XF Sportbrake  (Read 14116 times)

aaronjb

Re: Jag XF Sportbrake
« Reply #15 on: 23 October 2019, 07:53:44 »

Agreed, chalk and cheese. I just can't see the point in anyone buying such a weedy jag.

Company car tax rates, I imagine - at least that's the reason the dealer gave to me for the base model diesel engine & spec being the most popular at the time, was (this was a few years back)..

Can't beat a good stereotype...  ::)

;D

He lives in Barnsley, they're all honest as the day is long, up there. If it was Rotherham, on the other hand... ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 October 2019, 09:30:42 »

Looking into the future (or the present, really) the 'sad' Chevy Bolt does the 0-60 dashin 6.5 seconds, the 'lardy SUV' Jag i-pace in 4.5 and the 'big fat saloon' Teslas in as little as 2.4 seconds!

I actually wonder if in all real terms the idea of choosing a car on how fast / responsive etc it is will actually effectively become a thing of the past. All of the above wipe the floor with a 3.0 Omega as does many a 4 cylinder hatchback of today. That's the problem with buying a 'fast' car - it's a constantly sliding scale.

There's a dozen other reasons to buy a car - running costs, looks and not to mention the feel of the interior and driving experience - all of those I'm tempted to say a Jag is second to none. And that feel doesn't ever date, a gorgeous interior with nice features is still a gorgeous interior 30 years later. If you like the car, right feel, right price, etc how much does the engine really matter? Just playing devil's advocate  :)

Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 October 2019, 11:26:24 »

I suspect my 4 pot turbo petrol jag would have Sir Lyons spinning in his grave so do the old chap a favour and banish any thoughts about getting a soot chucker. ::)

As you've probably found, the R sport badge is just a trim level. Oxymoron models are available. :y

That said, I'd bet the overall driving experience would make the Astra seem quite agricultural notwithstanding the performance on paper. ;D
Agreed, chalk and cheese. I just can't see the point in anyone buying such a weedy jag.

The small XK engined Jags or 2.5l Daimlers were hardly fireballs. Jags were always intended to be effortless; the bigger engined ones did that in addition to being fast.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 October 2019, 11:56:49 »

I suspect my 4 pot turbo petrol jag would have Sir Lyons spinning in his grave so do the old chap a favour and banish any thoughts about getting a soot chucker. ::)

As you've probably found, the R sport badge is just a trim level. Oxymoron models are available. :y

That said, I'd bet the overall driving experience would make the Astra seem quite agricultural notwithstanding the performance on paper. ;D

The small XK engined Jags or 2.5l Daimlers were hardly fireballs. Jags were always intended to be effortless; the bigger engined ones did that in addition to being fast.

A diesel Jag just doesn't do it for me.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 October 2019, 12:20:38 »

Company car tax rates, I imagine - at least that's the reason the dealer gave to me for the base model diesel engine & spec being the most popular at the time, was (this was a few years back)..

Can't beat a good stereotype...  ::)

;D

He lives in Barnsley, they're all honest as the day is long, up there. If it was Rotherham, on the other hand... ;D

Too much time pimping vulnerable underage girls for money. Don't have time to sell drugs. The police looked the other way. :-X

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 October 2019, 17:17:03 »

« Last Edit: 23 October 2019, 17:21:02 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 23 October 2019, 17:24:35 »

You can tell how polluting the car is by the tax. That one is £125pa.....yours is?  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 23 October 2019, 17:29:48 »

Or should I say.......yours are?  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #23 on: 23 October 2019, 17:31:03 »

That must really boil your piss.....over £1000 to tax two cars.  ;D ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 23 October 2019, 17:43:48 »

I know you're there. Go on........cry  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 October 2019, 17:46:00 »

Yes.....it does boil my piss.

It's actually almost £1200 not £1000. :-\

I suppose it's worth it to keep a future classic like the Signum alive. :)

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 23 October 2019, 17:47:35 »

You could buy a decent sigmund with that

I'm loving this  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 October 2019, 17:49:17 »

The voice of sanity. :)

STEMO

« Reply #28 on: 23 October 2019, 17:51:13 »

The voice of sanity. :)
Reposting oldies. Can't you stick up for yourself, lad?  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 October 2019, 17:51:32 »

You could buy a decent sigmund with that

I'm loving this  ;D

The majority run on derv so have little value. The 2.8 Turbo V6 petrol being the exception (if you can find one) :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.