Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC 2013 (non bose) problem  (Read 1670 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
NCDC 2013 (non bose) problem
« on: 21 October 2016, 18:04:25 »

Following on from the other thread, my 4 disc changer has spat the cartridge out by won't let me lock the thing complete with cd's back in  :(

Tbh, that side of the system has probably not been used for a good 3 years.
If I remove the unit / split the components, is they anything that tends to stick or break ?

Any pointers welcome

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: NCDC 2013 (non bose) problem
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2016, 15:43:03 »

Tap an aux into the cd changer loom and fit a bluetooth head unit to the glove box using a telematics glovebox for neatness...

Keeps the dash oem, along with nav and computer functions whilst adding bluetooth calls and music via phone :y

Get a suitable head unit and you can easily expand to a boot mounted disc changer :y

Summat like...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DSX-S300BTX-Dual-USB-Bluetooth-iPod-Ready-Media-Player-NO-CD-bmw-e46-/302109183279?hash=item46571c4d2f:g:8QQAAOSwzaJYA8th

And...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-CDX-656-10-TEN-CD-AUTO-CHANGER-WITHLEAD-BRACKERS-MAGAZINE-/401208468805?hash=item5d69e36545:g:D5oAAOSwYIxYBQP9

Job done for less than £100 :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2016, 23:09:49 »

Following on from the other thread, my 4 disc changer has spat the cartridge out by won't let me lock the thing complete with cd's back in  :(

Tbh, that side of the system has probably not been used for a good 3 years.
If I remove the unit / split the components, is they anything that tends to stick or break ?

Any pointers welcome

Watch the front facia clips. Think it's basically covered in the guide to changing the autochanger

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2016, 11:22:18 »

Tap an aux into the cd changer loom and fit a bluetooth head unit to the glove box using a telematics glovebox for neatness...

Keeps the dash oem, along with nav and computer functions whilst adding bluetooth calls and music via phone :y

Get a suitable head unit and you can easily expand to a boot mounted disc changer :y

Summat like...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-DSX-S300BTX-Dual-USB-Bluetooth-iPod-Ready-Media-Player-NO-CD-bmw-e46-/302109183279?hash=item46571c4d2f:g:8QQAAOSwzaJYA8th

And...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-CDX-656-10-TEN-CD-AUTO-CHANGER-WITHLEAD-BRACKERS-MAGAZINE-/401208468805?hash=item5d69e36545:g:D5oAAOSwYIxYBQP9

Job done for less than £100 :y

Tbh Al, the built in satnav is a nice to have toy and is fun to play with when board but with the disc nearly 15 years old I tend to use the iPhone for navigation nowdays.

I've already upgraded the sound with Infinity components, a iPod fm transmitter and a Alpine Ktp 445 which make a hell of a difference but if the 2013 is going to die on me sooner rather then later i'll probably do what Adi King has done to keep the colour display / trip computer working and stuff the top part of the 2013 up behind the glovebox  ;)

Mini Me has just bought one of these ............   

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alpine-CDE-196DAB-CD-MP3-Bluetooth-Car-Stereo-USB-Aux-In-DAB-Digital-Radio-/401041704722?hash=item5d5ff2c712:g:4okAAOSwHQ9WbsfQ

and tbh, its a great bit of kit  :y :y

I don't want a double din sized aftermarket unit because they are just too friggin bright with all the flashing graphics so this alpine should do the job when the thing dies on me  :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 October 2016, 12:08:59 »

Can't argue with that logic :y

Set up proposed was what I fitted to the Elite and worked well ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 October 2016, 17:51:25 »

Well I have managed to get the thing to accept a magazine but it won't read the discs anymore  :-\

I'll try running the disc cleaner through it a few times to see if it will catch and sort itself out.
After all, it does get bloody dusty in there but I fear I better start saving my pennies or ask father Christmas nicely  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.