Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated front seat not working ?  (Read 1361 times)

Hudson

• View Profile
Heated front seat not working ?
« on: 13 November 2016, 21:28:40 »

An elite i am considering has a duff front heated seat (cloth)..... so is this a pain to repair if its the element or is it a goer ?

powerslinky

Re: Heated front seat not working ?
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2016, 04:57:30 »

An elite i am considering has a duff front heated seat (cloth)..... so is this a pain to repair if its the element or is it a goer ?

Cloth is doable . . . there is a guide in the maintenance section under ICE/Electricals
sub heading  internal electrics    then its under "Remove cloth seat heater pads"   ;)
« Last Edit: 14 November 2016, 04:59:35 by Essex Big Al »

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2016, 05:46:30 »

Check the connectors to the seat first. An omega i have has front and rear heated seats. But only one out of the four was working. Turned out the floor had been wet due to a rust hole so the connectors to the seats had corroded badly. These live under the carpet on the floor. After cleaning up the connectors all four seats started working again.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2016, 18:53:54 »

Check the connectors to the seat first. An omega i have has front and rear heated seats. But only one out of the four was working. Turned out the floor had been wet due to a rust hole so the connectors to the seats had corroded badly. These live under the carpet on the floor. After cleaning up the connectors all four seats started working again.

Seen this too on one of mine, ended up cutting the plugs off and grafting some more on from a car I was breaking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.