Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Clay Mitt v. Clay Bar  (Read 5112 times)

STEMO

Re: Clay Mitt v. Clay Bar
« Reply #30 on: 22 July 2019, 20:03:12 »

The laquer is starting to peel on the front bumper of the BMW .. which means it now gets washed much less often than it used to because I can't trust the local kosovans not to jetwash the rest of the laquer off  :-X ;D :-X :-X
Exactly what happened to my astra, but they took paint as well. I was well pissed off, until I scraped both sides of the bumper on a car park exit barrier.  ;D

Oh......and the dog I looked after for two weeks has scratched the rear bumper jumping in and out.
It drives ok though.  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #31 on: 22 July 2019, 20:18:16 »

I'd really like to get mine fixed, but it's an annoying job that nobody really wants (two 2" square bits of lacquer means the whole bumper needs to be stripped, prepped and painted, at least) and so the prices are "enough to put him off so we can do easier lucrative insurance work"

At least I think that's how they're pricing it..

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 22 July 2019, 20:20:15 »

I'd really like to get mine fixed, but it's an annoying job that nobody really wants (two 2" square bits of lacquer means the whole bumper needs to be stripped, prepped and painted, at least) and so the prices are "enough to put him off so we can do easier lucrative insurance work"

I was quoted 'about £400'.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22 July 2019, 22:45:30 »

Insurance work isn't lucrative. Paintwork is expensive, and they're looking t your car and adding the BMW tax. After all, you might be a typical BMW owner and nobody can afford to underprice those jobs....

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 July 2019, 00:24:51 »

Insurance work isn't lucrative. Paintwork is expensive, and they're looking t your car and adding the BMW tax. After all, you might be a typical BMW owner and nobody can afford to underprice those jobs....

What's that then?   ???  :-\ 

Apart from the inability to find and use indicators that is!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 July 2019, 17:28:34 »

and adding the BMW tax. After all, you might be a typical BMW owner and nobody can afford to underprice those jobs....
I think most of the knobjockeys have moved over to Mercedes, if my experiences are anything to go by...

...more common than Fords, and universally driven by cockwombles.  At least Beemer drivers only used to not indicate, and sit on your arse with space only for a rizla.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 23 July 2019, 22:13:26 »

and adding the BMW tax. After all, you might be a typical BMW owner and nobody can afford to underprice those jobs....
I think most of the knobjockeys have moved over to Mercedes, if my experiences are anything to go by...

...more common than Fords, and universally driven by cockwombles.  At least Beemer drivers only used to not indicate, and sit on your arse with space only for a rizla.

Yes, at least most BMW drivers are youthful enough not to have completely lost their spacial awareness. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 24 July 2019, 00:39:38 »

Yes, at least most BMW drivers are youthful enough not to have completely lost their spacial awareness. :-X

Which is why they don't need indicators!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.